Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Negativity rules

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="droversdog65"]
thompsoc wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

Because two negatives makes a positive - high school stuff thommo .

Only when they are multiplied or divided not when they are added.

Thomo I ALWAYS use a full quote when quoting - KINDLY reciprocate.

I'm not kindly!
But I do like your name.
Get a good avatar for that name.

Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:52 am

I am an unashamed Collingwood cheer'leader' - Side by side we stick together, To uphold The Magpies name. Hear the barrackers a shouting, As all barrackers should...

When I was young Collingwood was a religion. But life is too serious for superstitions. Collingwood is fun. A fascination.

You have to be very special to play in a grand final. How do you become that special when you're hogtied hand and foot? You work hard and then harder and harder - and with patience unfashionable players become Nick Maxwell, Dane Swan, and Simon Prestigiacomo.

Watching such players grow and become legends is a wondrous pleasure. Didn't our 2010 premiership team have 6 or 7 players who began their journey as rookies?

Collingwood has its own internal football academy - that is obvious for all to see. Be it this year, next, or in 4 years - I can see it bearing fruit. You need something special to be the best - and you don't have to be born special - you just need vision and commitment and lots of motivation. And not least - support and encouragement from your own people.

The desire for instant gratification is the curse of new generations. Come the Zombie apocalypse the tough will survive. Amongst those will be the Collingwood Hard Nuts!
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:20 am

Hiya-and-Higher wrote:
I am an unashamed Collingwood cheer'leader' - Side by side we stick together, To uphold The Magpies name. Hear the barrackers a shouting, As all barrackers should...

When I was young Collingwood was a religion. But life is too serious for superstitions. Collingwood is fun. A fascination.

You have to be very special to play in a grand final. How do you become that special when you're hogtied hand and foot? You work hard and then harder and harder - and with patience unfashionable players become Nick Maxwell, Dane Swan, and Simon Prestigiacomo.

Watching such players grow and become legends is a wondrous pleasure. Didn't our 2010 premiership team have 6 or 7 players who began their journey as rookies?

Collingwood has its own internal football academy - that is obvious for all to see. Be it this year, next, or in 4 years - I can see it bearing fruit. You need something special to be the best - and you don't have to be born special - you just need vision and commitment and lots of motivation. And not least - support and encouragement from your own people.

The desire for instant gratification is the curse of new generations. Come the Zombie apocalypse the tough will survive. Amongst those will be the Collingwood Hard Nuts!

Try the Zen approach!

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:43 am

Hiya-and-Higher wrote:

Well said.

There are many here who think Collingwood exists for them. It doesn't. It exists for the team on the field of play. They and they alone are what Collingwood are about. We don't matter - they do. We can watch from the sidelines, even pay money for memberships, but that does not make us the reason why this club exists.

Too many supporters use the club as a form of selfish me-first entertainment. They want to the team to win so they can feel good. Selfish and un-Collingwood.

Collingwood has no place for good time Charlies and fair weather friends - those who do not have the inner strength to support the club when the players do their best despite losing.

I'm elated when I see our team simply doing their best (eg. the game against GWS (I think) late last season was a superb display of team commitment in the face of severe attrition). Winning and losing are less important that commitment and loyalty

Its going to be a wild ride this year with a new team (and this is a new team - so forget the meaningless comparisons with 2010 and the past - its irrelevant now).

This year's flag is anyones and is up for grabs. I'm looking forward to the ride and seeing a team of enthusiastic newcomers bond into a fighting unit that will take on the best the competition can throw at it. I'm expecting savage defeats and stunning victories - its going to be a rollercoaster.

So ignore the depressive and bitter souls that inhabit the darker corners of this forum, those who inwardly enjoy defeat because it mirrors their own lives and their fear of success.

Rejoice in our potential and celebrate our wins and our losses if we play in a manner worthy of the great B&W.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:55 am

Woods wrote:
Hiya-and-Higher wrote:

Well said.

There are many here who think Collingwood exists for them. It doesn't. It exists for the team on the field of play. They and they alone are what Collingwood are about. We don't matter - they do. We can watch from the sidelines, even pay money for memberships, but that does not make us the reason why this club exists.

Too many supporters use the club as a form of selfish me-first entertainment. They want to the team to win so they can feel good. Selfish and un-Collingwood.

Collingwood has no place for good time Charlies and fair weather friends - those who do not have the inner strength to support the club when the players do their best despite losing.

I'm elated when I see our team simply doing their best (eg. the game against GWS (I think) late last season was a superb display of team commitment in the face of severe attrition). Winning and losing are less important that commitment and loyalty

Its going to be a wild ride this year with a new team (and this is a new team - so forget the meaningless comparisons with 2010 and the past - its irrelevant now).

This year's flag is anyones and is up for grabs. I'm looking forward to the ride and seeing a team of enthusiastic newcomers bond into a fighting unit that will take on the best the competition can throw at it. I'm expecting savage defeats and stunning victories - its going to be a rollercoaster.

So ignore the depressive and bitter souls that inhabit the darker corners of this forum, those who inwardly enjoy defeat because it mirrors their own lives and their fear of success.

Rejoice in our potential and celebrate our wins and our losses if we play in a manner worthy of the great B&W.

I agree with the sentiment of your post but not the first paragraph. The club exists for us. Without us there is no club. Some of these young boys we have now will move on to other clubs or other pursuits, hopefully richer for the experience, but we will remain.

Other than that you're spot on. Being a true Collingwood supporter is a life long journey. As much as we enjoy the success some of the most enjoyable seasons I've had have been watching an exciting crop of youngsters develop and end up losing more games than they've won.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:56 pm

Woods wrote:
Hiya-and-Higher wrote:

Well said.

Have you ever thought of going into sales for the Catholic Church.
They could use a sales person like you.

rand corp 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:39 pm

Many on here remind me of my dear old Dad who will spend all week talking down his team and talking up his opponents and then its almost as if it comes as a complete surprise to him when they win and he goes into raptures hahaha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: