Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Round 1. Pies v. Lions - all comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Broomhead had a poor preseason and didn't deserve selection so I'm not to fussed about him missing round 1.

At the end of the day while I would have preferred at least Karnezis and Kennedy in the side I'll wait and see what selection brings in the coming weeks to see if the trend of last season continues with it.

It's clear we've taken the conservative route for an interstate round 1 game.

It may prove to be a wise move for the short term of this one match.

Going forward though I'd like to see us go with a more attacking lineup filled with more creative types.

P.S-Can't see a reason why we need all of Toovey, Goldsack, Oxley Ramsay, Sinclair and Williams in the team.

That's at least 1 to many defensive options but again that seems a priority for this week.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:02 pm

Agree swoop, this side is likely to look pretty different in a month. We have an average squad with a lot of depth, so it may take a month to weed a few out, providing others doninate their early games in the VFL.
They reckon the most physically taxing game of the home and away season, is the second half of the first game of the year.
We are also playing interstate.
I just think some of our focus for this game would be superfit players, experience and players who do not take a backward step. That may just explain a couple reasons why some of the likely candidates didnt make it for this trip.
Its a simple exercise, show some form in the VFL and your time will come fairly soon.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:03 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Scribe wrote:
Has Tim Broomhead got done on drugs too?

If you're Ben Kennedy or Tim Broomhead, you jump at the very first offer from a South Australian club.

Their current coach clearly doesn't rate them as footballers.

I cant understand Blair ahead of Broomhead.

If we are rebuilding, Blair surely cant be part of the future.

Someone has to play the high-flying, lead-up target at CHF. If Gault isn't playing, then it has to be Blair, because White simply can't. Blair did it all last season, so perhaps we have another year of it to look forward to.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:13 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
Scribe wrote:
Has Tim Broomhead got done on drugs too?

If you're Ben Kennedy or Tim Broomhead, you jump at the very first offer from a South Australian club.

Their current coach clearly doesn't rate them as footballers.

I cant understand Blair ahead of Broomhead.

If we are rebuilding, Blair surely cant be part of the future.

Someone has to play the high-flying, lead-up target at CHF. If Gault isn't playing, then it has to be Blair, because White simply can't. Blair did it all last season, so perhaps we have another year of it to look forward to.

Ah yes, he's Lee Walker, in Bill Valli's body.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:16 pm

But can Gault isn't playing ever happen?
Mr. Burns 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:50 pm

More bull***t from up north.
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/brisbane-lions/brisbane-lions-to-rally-around-former-collingwood-player-dayne-beams-20150403-1me7ej.html

Geez I hope we smash these cheating pricks.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:00 pm

^ The Lions are skint and their membership is crap, despite 3 flags gifted to them by the League, and a blind goal umpire, back then. Let them rally around spoit brat Beams all they like, im sure the Pies lads will give him a "warm" reception, ala Dollar daisy and Pendles !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:40 pm

swoop42 wrote:

P.S-Can't see a reason why we need all of Toovey, Goldsack, Oxley Ramsay, Sinclair and Williams in the team.

That's at least 1 to many defensive options but again that seems a priority for this week.

It does seem to be 1-2 too many. I'm starting to think that Toovey may be struggling to hold his spot if Langdon, Oxley and Ramsay all show form, Scharenberg will come into consideration at some point too.

Still, we can't just pick players because they are the right type, you have to reward those who are putting in the work. Gifting games will hurt a team far more than having an extra defensive option than the ideal.

I want Kennedy, Broomhead and Freeman all out there, but they need to put their hand up.

melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:43 pm

LIONS

B: J. Clarke, D. Merrett, R. Lester

HB: C. Beams, M. Paparone, D. Rich

C: R. Bewick, D. Beams, J. Adcock

HF: J. Green, M. Leuenberger, L. Taylor

F: M. Robinson, D. McStay, J. McGrath

Foll: S. Martin, J. Aish, T. Rockliff

Inter: S. Mayes, J. Redden, D. Zorko, A. Christensen

Emer: M. Golby, L. McGuane, H. Andrews

Doesn't look overly scary. Their mids/flankers are good. But KPP look below average.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:13 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

It does seem to be 1-2 too many. I'm starting to think that Toovey may be struggling to hold his spot if Langdon, Oxley and Ramsay all show form, Scharenberg will come into consideration at some point too.

Still, we can't just pick players because they are the right type, you have to reward those who are putting in the work. Gifting games will hurt a team far more than having an extra defensive option than the ideal.

I want Kennedy, Broomhead and Freeman all out there, but they need to put their hand up.

I don't disagree though continuing to pick the same players week after week when there performances at AFL level are good average at best wont help us either in the short, medium or long term.

Effort can't be the primary basis of our selection this season performance must be along with rewarding the form of our kids at VFL level if they are playing well.

By the way welcome back.

The-Den Libra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:35 pm

I went to training this afternoon and dont recall seeing Oxley. I may have just not seen him but im pretty sure he wasn't there. Maybe someone else who attended knows 100 percent? So possibly a late change tomorrow?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:24 pm

Update from Training anyone?
richo 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:37 pm

We will kick their arses, Pies by plenty.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:22 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Looks like wet weather, so this team will be picked with that in mind.
Agree our mid field looks weak, particularly against rockliffe, reddan, beams, christensen, zorko, aish, rich.
As for Sinclair, lets just cut him some slack for a while. He has looked pretty good in the practice matches and is finally injury free. Very good one on one and has pace. He deserves first grab at the position, for mine.

Yep, I'm at Byron and it has been pissing down in Brisbane all week apparently, forecast to continue all weekend.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:31 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Broomhead had a poor preseason and didn't deserve selection so I'm not to fussed about him missing round 1.

At the end of the day while I would have preferred at least Karnezis and Kennedy in the side I'll wait and see what selection brings in the coming weeks to see if the trend of last season continues with it.

It's clear we've taken the conservative route for an interstate round 1 game.

It may prove to be a wise move for the short term of this one match.

Going forward though I'd like to see us go with a more attacking lineup filled with more creative types.

Maybe Goldy and Ox lay forward.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: