Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Round 1. Pies v. Lions - all comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamsam Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it was only the NAB but against the dogs Sinclair took a lot of the kick outs. I was sitting behind the goals and at one perticular kick out, Pendles was all by himself about 40m away in the left pocket. Sinclair saw him, thought about going to him, changed his mind, and went long to a contest between Grundy and Minson on the right flank. Minson marks and the bulldogs goal.
Maybe it was set play that the coaches always wanted the kick outs to do. I honestly think that Sinclair didn't have faith in his own kicking, to try for what was a very simple kick, so he went for the easy bomb down the line. Grundy will be a gun but we can't be kicking out to a contest when it's Grundy on a more mature, big bodied ruckman like Minson, or 80% of other teams first choice rucks.
I'm happy for sinclair to play, he does some really nice things and defends really well. But if I see him taking a kick out on Saturday night, we're in trouble.
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:27 am

The team is a fricken joke.. 6 half back flankers!! Oxley Williams Toovey Sinclair Ramsey Langdon..

We have lost this at the selection table.. Our oxley & Ramsey..

In broomhead karnezis..

Cloke will once again be triple teamed and we will continue to still kick it to him..

Bloody sick of Buckley and he is destroying this list at a rapid rate.

End of year we need to let him go.. Over it

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:37 am

Az wrote:
Ffs. Going with the same forward line as last year AGAIN.

I swear to God, I get the feeling that Buckley's idea of a perfect game is one where the opposition scores nothing and we score just a single point. How else can you explain his fascination with defensive forwards who don't kick goals, small defenders who don't rebound and a 1v5 drowning Travis Cloke?

Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:22 am

More pain ahead.

We may well pinch this game in shit conditions where our lack of skill and flair is covered over but it wont do a jot for developing this team going forward.

An eerily similar lineup to this got smacked by a Bulldogs outfit with barely any hair on its balls in NAB 3 yet we're supposed to see the genesis of our next flag from a side consisting of all of Goldsack, Blair, Ramsey, Toovey, Sinclair, White... nuh I don't see it and I'm not buying it.

If we went with youth and got belted then I'd hate it but accept it as part of the big picture but this staid, defensive and conservative lineup reeks to me of harm minimisation to gain short term good vibes and "told you so's" that will mean nothing at the end of the year.

Again I say it is weak.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:45 am

MagpieBat wrote:
Az wrote:
Ffs. Going with the same forward line as last year AGAIN.

I swear to God, I get the feeling that Buckley's idea of a perfect game is one where the opposition scores nothing and we score just a single point. How else can you explain his fascination with defensive forwards who don't kick goals, small defenders who don't rebound and a 1v5 drowning Travis Cloke?

You forgot to add backs who can't kick for shit, I'm confident this will be Buckleys last year.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:29 am

I am really disappointed with this team Why do we have both Oxley and Ramsey in it? Surely we should have tried more aggressive midfielders, with Broomfield. Also, if it too wet to play 3 forwards, then why not play Karnezis instead of Gault so that our forward line has some variability about it? Really do not understand these selection decisions.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:00 am

iamsam wrote:
I know it was only the NAB but against the dogs Sinclair took a lot of the kick outs. I was sitting behind the goals and at one perticular kick out, Pendles was all by himself about 40m away in the left pocket. Sinclair saw him, thought about going to him, changed his mind, and went long to a contest between Grundy and Minson on the right flank. Minson marks and the bulldogs goal.
Maybe it was set play that the coaches always wanted the kick outs to do. I honestly think that Sinclair didn't have faith in his own kicking, to try for what was a very simple kick, so he went for the easy bomb down the line. Grundy will be a gun but we can't be kicking out to a contest when it's Grundy on a more mature, big bodied ruckman like Minson, or 80% of other teams first choice rucks.
I'm happy for sinclair to play, he does some really nice things and defends really well. But if I see him taking a kick out on Saturday night, we're in trouble.

I have read elsewhere that it was likely that the players were instructed to kick to contests in that match as it happened fairly regularly. Buckley used that game to assess how well our players win (or lose) a contested ball against real opposition rather than team mates.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:21 am

We haven't played a match yet and some of you are throwing the towel in already and looking forward to sacking the coach.

I know some of you are trolls but the rest of you are just fwits.

I hope we smash the Lions and you have a shit Easter Sunday, all bitter and twisted.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:34 am

dalyc wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Why Gault is not playing is a complete and utter mystery to me.

It's pissing down in Brisbane and 3 talls is 1 too many

I'm not as steamed up as some others here on selection, but face facts, if it was a sunny dry day in Brisbane, Gault still wouldn't be getting a game ahead of White or Goldsack.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:51 am

The Seedsmeister wrote:
iamsam wrote:

I have read elsewhere that it was likely that the players were instructed to kick to contests in that match as it happened fairly regularly. Buckley used that game to assess how well our players win (or lose) a contested ball against real opposition rather than team mates.

what do you mean? were they practising something in a practice match? oh my giddy aunt.

VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:31 am

I trust the selection committee . I think that there may be changes if the weather is different . I just hope that this year we see the young players gradually introduced and that by the end of the season we have a core of young players that have played at least a dozen games or more. Its about the future now for me.
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:32 am

Millane42 wrote:
All I'll post about this game is:

Collingwood v Brisbane Lions
Played 26
Won 9
Lost 17

Bogey team and to win up there this year - not much chance

Not a great stat but we have won 5 out of the last 7.
4 of those at the Gabba.

Scribe 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:45 am

Has Tim Broomhead got done on drugs too?

If you're Ben Kennedy or Tim Broomhead, you jump at the very first offer from a South Australian club.

Their current coach clearly doesn't rate them as footballers.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Pies by 40+👍💰💰
Doc63 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:05 pm

Scribe wrote:
Has Tim Broomhead got done on drugs too?

If you're Ben Kennedy or Tim Broomhead, you jump at the very first offer from a South Australian club.

Their current coach clearly doesn't rate them as footballers.

I cant understand Blair ahead of Broomhead.

If we are rebuilding, Blair surely cant be part of the future.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: