Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies expect to play finals: Pert

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:08 pm
Post subject: Pies expect to play finals: PertReply with quote

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-27/pies-expect-to-play-finals

Quote:
Pert told reporters on Friday the Magpies could defy external expectations and return to the finals this year.

"Quite clearly from the players, Nathan (Buckley), myself, the board, we expect to be playing in the finals this year and we'll be very, very disappointed if we aren't," Pert said at the launch of Collingwood Media at The Backlot Studios in Southbank.

Last edited by swoop42 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what's the alternative: "We expect to get thumped a few times, generally lose and get a great draft pick come October"? Shocked
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:24 pm

How about that. Are you free?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:26 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Well, what's the alternative: "We expect to get thumped a few times, generally lose and get a great draft pick come October"? Shocked

Your application for a job with our PR department has not been accepted.

Further, your application to the diplomatic corps needs revision. Your attitude has been noticed Wink

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Exactly!! He is keeping one eye on the membership numbers.

Pure spin but then again, what else can he say? Some Collingwood fans can't handle reality of a developing team.... Rolling Eyes

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:29 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Your application for a job with our PR department has not been accepted.

Further, your application to the diplomatic corps needs revision. Your attitude has been noticed Wink

GOLD!!! Very Happy

LOL Twisted Evil Laughing

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:56 pm

Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Pure spin but then again, what else can he say? Some Collingwood fans can't handle reality of a developing team.... Rolling Eyes

He's the CEO of our club and yet you still can't get your mind around the fact that many believe we should be aiming for and making finals this season with the list available.

What else could he have said you ask?

Well for starters he could have said we were a developing team and making finals would be difficult but the fact he didn't hopefully means he's prepared to make a call on the coach if he can't get this team performing and improving on last seasons display.

For what it's worth Lyon had us finishing 5th last on the footy show last night, Newman 3rd last.

Newman also tipped us to miss the finals last year so the silly old fool shouldn't be discounted.

If either of those two scenarios come to pass then I maintain the coach will be deserving of being shown the door.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:05 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

He's the CEO of our club and yet you still can't get your mind around the fact that many believe we should be aiming for and making finals this season with the list available.

What else could he have said you ask?

Well for starters he could have said we were a developing team and making finals would be difficult but the fact he didn't hopefully means he's prepared to make a call on the coach if he can't get this team performing and improving on last seasons display.

For what it's worth Lyon had us finishing 5th last on the footy show last night, Newman 3rd last.

Newman also tipped us to miss the finals last year so the silly old fool shouldn't be discounted.

If either of those two scenarios come to pass then I maintain the coach will be deserving of being shown the door.

I mean its really hypocritical of posters here who regularly disbelieve comments from the club on injuries to suddenly believe every word Pert utters. And club memberships ARE important and sometimes the truth suffers when profits are deemed to be far more important.

Look we all have opinions and this is mine, that in 2015, Collingwood will miss out on the finals but the experience gained will put us in great stead for 2016 and onwards. Bucks will get games into the young developing players who will lead the charge into an extremely bright future.

Feel free to totally disagree mate. This IS a discussion board after all. Rolling Eyes

Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:23 pm

We ran 8-3 last year before injuries took their toll, and that was with Cloke and Swan both running lame. I see no reason, barring another horror injury run, why we couldn't have a significant shot at making the 8.

Believe in our boys, friends. Believe.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:22 pm

We might go well this year?
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:25 pm

Stupied wrote:
We ran 8-3 last year before injuries took their toll, and that was with Cloke and Swan both running lame. I see no reason, barring another horror injury run, why we couldn't have a significant shot at making the 8.

Good post. I reckon we can make it. All you idiots who would criticise our CEO for his comments flip it over. Imagine if he came out and said 'this is a development year we don't expect to play finals'. You'd want him sacked.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:26 pm

I still think we can win the flag this year. Cool
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:44 pm

Melbourne expect to play finals

They said so

Gotta sell hope for the members

We've all got our opinions on the statement though, but can't imagine pre-season you'd say anything else?

Making the 8 is always possible, you only need to go 12-10 or even 11-11, do you think there's a massive difference anyway in finishing 8th and getting thumped and finishing 9th? I don't anymore, I used to. Probably old and cynical.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I still think we can win the flag this year. Cool

Thats one of my wildest dreams! The head sais a development year. The boys need to find their spots - roles in the team and build cohesion. As long as we beat the Blues by one point both games and maybe in a third, a qualifying final all will be good.
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:48 pm

Damien wrote:
Stupied wrote:

Good post. I reckon we can make it. All you idiots who would criticise our CEO for his comments flip it over. Imagine if he came out and said 'this is a development year we don't expect to play finals'. You'd want him sacked.

No we'd want the coach. Razz

I to believe like Stupied we have the list capable of making finals this season and is why if we fail miserably then the buck has to stop somewhere.

Anyway I'm still hoping that Bucks can very much succeed but are prepared to take the emotion out of it should he not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: