Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sharenberg and De Goey --pedigree+++

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Geek wrote:
Brown26 wrote:
I reckon the 2012 and onwards draftees are looking ok, given they've had 2 years or less to impress... I mean, that De goey - why the hell isn't he in the AFL players top 50!! C'mon guys - if in 2017 we have a HBF of Langdon, Frost, Sharenberg, a centreline of Broomhead, De Goey, Kennedy, and followers of Grundy, Adams, Freeman and Moore at CHF and I reckon we'll say the last 3 years have been VERY good for us. Maybe not premiers in 2015, but give them a couple of years and it's all on! Add book ends of Brown and Cloke, add Sidebottom, Elliot and Williams and I reckon we'll be pretty sweet.

No one will be saying 2012/2013/2014 were not good drafts for us.

If we happen to score another top 10 draftee this year - watch out. It's called dynasty. Is it worth a few poor years - not at the moment, but if we snag a few flags 2017 - 2022, maybe...

- Ben

Yeah it's looking pretty good for a few years away but I think we'll needto sort out 2 KPDs and probably another KPF. I've got no faith in Cloke, Reid and Brown being consistently good enough (or even fit) in 3 years time.

Moore should fill one requirement. Gault might be able to do a job too. Otherwise, I can see that being a bit of a hole for us

Agree, overall the list is very light on for KPP types and we'll need to start stocking up, particularly given they take time to hit their straps.

Agree but how many quality KPP are available each year?

melliot 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:09 pm

We all do realise that other clubs have good kids coming through too?

GCS and GWS have more top 10 picks than anyone. Their batch of <30 picks puts ours to shame.

How much their potential develops to actual ability and game winning ability is anyone's guess.

I agree we have stockpiled our kids and many look like they have excellent potential. However our development of their talent will be the key to out strip other clubs. Two players don't make a team. We need a whole group to come though at once.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:02 pm

melliot wrote:

GCS and GWS have more top 10 picks than anyone. Their batch of <30 picks puts ours to shame.

How much their potential develops to actual ability and game winning ability is anyone's guess.

I agree we have stockpiled our kids and many look like they have excellent potential. However our development of their talent will be the key to out strip other clubs. Two players don't make a team. We need a whole group to come though at once.

Melbourne had heaps of top picks and remained a shit team.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:20 pm

neil wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Geek wrote:
Brown26 wrote:
I reckon the 2012 and onwards draftees are looking ok, given they've had 2 years or less to impress... I mean, that De goey - why the hell isn't he in the AFL players top 50!! C'mon guys - if in 2017 we have a HBF of Langdon, Frost, Sharenberg, a centreline of Broomhead, De Goey, Kennedy, and followers of Grundy, Adams, Freeman and Moore at CHF and I reckon we'll say the last 3 years have been VERY good for us. Maybe not premiers in 2015, but give them a couple of years and it's all on! Add book ends of Brown and Cloke, add Sidebottom, Elliot and Williams and I reckon we'll be pretty sweet.

If we happen to score another top 10 draftee this year - watch out. It's called dynasty. Is it worth a few poor years - not at the moment, but if we snag a few flags 2017 - 2022, maybe...

- Ben

Yeah it's looking pretty good for a few years away but I think we'll needto sort out 2 KPDs and probably another KPF. I've got no faith in Cloke, Reid and Brown being consistently good enough (or even fit) in 3 years time.

Moore should fill one requirement. Gault might be able to do a job too. Otherwise, I can see that being a bit of a hole for us

Agree, overall the list is very light on for KPP types and we'll need to start stocking up, particularly given they take time to hit their straps.

Agree but how many quality KPP are available each year?

1 at a time is good fishing, added Moore in 2014, need to find another at this years draft or trade. Actually thought we could have had a crack at a couple of discards during last trade period like Sam Frost or Jacsks (spelling ??). See which ones become available in 2015.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:26 pm

melliot wrote:

I agree, challenge for the development squads is retaining them all under their salary caps. We're already seeing guy wanting out. Of course that also brings them high picks which should ensure sustained success but it's still a balancing act year to year. We'll have similar issues if all of Broomy, Grundy, Witts, Scharenberg, Freeman, De Goey etc all reach their potential, how many will we be able to afford?
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:51 pm

jackcass wrote:
Geek wrote:
Brown26 wrote:

- Ben

Reckon Frost will become a good stopper. Moore our CHF. Witts and Grundy should become good Rucks but then things become uncertain: can Grundy or Witts become good KPFs? Can Gault continue to improve to become a solid FF? Will Cox get to where we hope and how long will it take? Will Keeffe become good enough? This year should tell us a bit.

I do hope we get young Weed at the end of the year. That'll be another first round KPF in the ranks.

Boot 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:41 pm

Lots of potential stars in the group of kids at Collingwood yet to make a significant impact on the competition. Of that group the three I would like to see really dominate are Witts, Grundy and Cox.

I feel that Grundy has the natural aggression to fill the No. 1 ruck position in time, so given that we don't appear to have any real depth in KPF's at the club then I would love to see Witts and Cox trained to become effective weapons in the forward line where their height and talent will hopefully enable them to add significantly to the Collingwood fire power up forward and take the pressure off Travis Cloke to have to win the game off his own boot.

Add the X factor of Fasolo and Elliot with the class of Broomhead and Kennedy then I think we have the makings of a good enough forward line to trouble the best defenses in the comp, but we really need of Witts, Grudy and Cox to step up to be very good in the forward line as well as ruck.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:27 pm

Boot wrote:
Lots of potential stars in the group of kids at Collingwood yet to make a significant impact on the competition. Of that group the three I would like to see really dominate are Witts, Grundy and Cox.

I feel that Grundy has the natural aggression to fill the No. 1 ruck position in time, so given that we don't appear to have any real depth in KPF's at the club then I would love to see Witts and Cox trained to become effective weapons in the forward line where their height and talent will hopefully enable them to add significantly to the Collingwood fire power up forward and take the pressure off Travis Cloke to have to win the game off his own boot.

Add the X factor of Fasolo and Elliot with the class of Broomhead and Kennedy then I think we have the makings of a good enough forward line to trouble the best defenses in the comp, but we really need of Witts, Grudy and Cox to step up to be very good in the forward line as well as ruck.

Cox has been Trained more of a KPF then a Ruck is what I have heard and Hine said he thinks he be a good FF

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm

Sorry Dave The Man I don't do math.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:01 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Boot wrote:

Cox has been Trained more of a KPF then a Ruck is what I have heard and Hine said he thinks he be a good FF

Yes, I have been thinking the same.
It is a long shot but I like the idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: