Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Practice Match #2 - Richmond vs Collingwood at Punt Road

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW. The clubs best for the game:

Best - Collingwood: Witts, Armstrong, Broomhead, De Goey, Dwyer, Karnezis

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:45 pm

watt price tully wrote:

I agree with all except for Armstrong

think better 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:18 am

thanks Dave and Cam for the reports

I am not really sure what style of play we have this year AFL or VFL level (I have seen precious little vision). is there anything evident about the speed of ball movement and how 'tough' around the packs we are?

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:33 am

Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

even though i did not see much of the game i can understand why armstrong was named in the best players. notably, he does a lot of work off the ball that goes unnoticed by supporters but he plays his role well and consistently.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:35 am

think better wrote:

I am not really sure what style of play we have this year AFL or VFL level (I have seen precious little vision). is there anything evident about the speed of ball movement and how 'tough' around the packs we are?

i was going to ask those who attended whether they could easily discern the game style and whether it was apparent to them.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:40 am

John Wren wrote:
think better wrote:

i was going to ask those who attended whether they could easily discern the game style and whether it was apparent to them.

I'm unreliably informed that the game style is "get the ball & kick it long" & "stop friggin around with the pill".

The coaches have now decided to democratise the game such that they've embarked on having a conversation & listening to Joe & Jo public for advice Wink

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:53 am

Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Surprise! surprise!! Surprised

Even when he is named among the best, Nick's has no love for Armstrong.. Crying or Very sad

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Even when he is named among the best, Nick's has no love for Armstrong.. Crying or Very sad

He's a 27-28 yo journeyman which makes him 1 of the oldest guys on our list, in 8-9 seasons he's managed about 25-30 games across 3 clubs, he plays an inconspicuous role across HB in the VFL and gets listed among the bests and you wonder why there isn't much love for him... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Shocked
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:10 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

He's a 27-28 yo journeyman which makes him 1 of the oldest guys on our list, in 8-9 seasons he's managed about 25-30 games across 3 clubs, he plays an inconspicuous role across HB in the VFL and gets listed among the bests and you wonder why there isn't much love for him... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Shocked

He's a 27-28 yo very experienced and talented player who played an important role when required in the Seniors late last season, ye all of the short memories brigade. He wears a Collingwood jumper, plays a very important role across HB in the VFL/AFL, gets listed among the bests very often and YES, I do wonder why there isn't much love for him here on Nick's..... Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:28 pm

We all embrace Tony the way the football department does, Lazza - they are so fond of the way he plays his very important role that they promoted him from the senior list to the rookie list. I thought they could actually have rewarded him more completely at the end of 2014 by promoting him all the way out of the Club but I expect he'll get his reward at the end of this year.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:32 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
We all embrace Tony the way the football department does, Lazza - they are so fond of the way he plays his very important role that they promoted him from the senior list to the rookie list. I thought they could actually have rewarded him more completely at the end of 2014 by promoting him all the way out of the Club but I expect he'll get his reward at the end of this year.

LOL!! Laughing

He who laughs last, laughs BEST!! Twisted Evil

He will be an integral part of our half back line when it counts, later this season. Just you wait and see dude.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:48 pm

I'm tipping he's just behind Scharenberg for that flank.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:02 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Laughing

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:37 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

He's a 27-28 yo very experienced and talented player who played an important role when required in the Seniors late last season, ye all of the short memories brigade. He wears a Collingwood jumper, plays a very important role across HB in the VFL/AFL, gets listed among the bests very often and YES, I do wonder why there isn't much love for him here on Nick's..... Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

perception and reality. funny thing. the lad does (and offers) quite a bit that the general populous does not see. most people only see the journeyman who has played a handful of afl games and failed to take the next step.

he may not be on the list for much longer but while he is here he is having a positive impact on our younger guys who, although very talented, are just starting out on their afl journey and have much to learn.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

LOL!! Laughing

He who laughs last, laughs BEST!! Twisted Evil

He will be an integral part of our VFL half back line when it counts, later this season. Just you wait and see dude.

EFA!

Our injury list will be running deep if Armstrong is an integral part of our senior HB line.

Laz I think you're extrapolating a Ho-hum grudging respect for Armstrong for something more sinister.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: