Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Haven't been on here in a while

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RICHO1991 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:41 pm
Post subject: Haven't been on here in a whileReply with quote

Just a couple of observations from tonight's game vs Western Bulldogs

- Travis Varcoe is the worst pick up of all time.. There is being an outside player and then there's being weak as water.. He just shows no interest in the contest and seems to drift off his opponent seeking cheap kicks... No way known I would pick him round one! We can't afford to carry him

- why on earth wouldn't we play Nathan Freeman, Jordan De Goey, Ben Kennedy? I realise they have played a few Nab games so far but there is no reason why they couldn't be played! Gain some experience against AFL opposition! There is a 2 week break after tonight anyway! Seems stupid to me

- I'm actually bored at the game! Forget the fact we are getting flogged the general atmosphere is awful! Scrap the nab challenge/cup and just start the season round 1.. Teams to organise there own intra club games as warm up for the opening of the season..

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:47 pm
Post subject: Re: Haven't been on here in a whileReply with quote

RICHO1991 wrote:

- Travis Varcoe is the worst pick up of all time.. There is being an outside player and then there's being weak as water.. He just shows no interest in the contest and seems to drift off his opponent seeking cheap kicks... No way known I would pick him round one! We can't afford to carry him

- why on earth wouldn't we play Nathan Freeman, Jordan De Goey, Ben Kennedy? I realise they have played a few Nab games so far but there is no reason why they couldn't be played! Gain some experience against AFL opposition! There is a 2 week break after tonight anyway! Seems stupid to me

- I'm actually bored at the game! Forget the fact we are getting flogged the general atmosphere is awful! Scrap the nab challenge/cup and just start the season round 1.. Teams to organise there own intra club games as warm up for the opening of the season..

Varcoe killed us in the 2011 GF, he can play. this is just experimentation stuff, trying out new ideas etc, seeing what works, what doesn't, the dogs take Nab cup games seriously, they are skint and need the coin, we don't. Long long way to go yet, bloody hell. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
RICHO1991 wrote:

Varcoe killed us in the 2011 GF, he can play. this is just experimentation stuff, trying out new ideas etc, seeing what works, what doesn't, the dogs take Nab cup games seriously, they are skint and need the coin, we don't. Long long way to go yet, bloody hell. Rolling Eyes

Its a praccy match, what coin do you think the Dogs are playing for?

Just to remind you, its not the NAB Cup.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:08 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
RICHO1991 wrote:

Its a praccy match, what coin do you think the Dogs are playing for?

Just to remind you, its not the NAB Cup.
']

well I might not be up to speed with the latest form of the Nab cup, but I did hear tim lane refer to tonights game as the Nab cup, so I assumed it was. Knowing the dogs, theyd be happy with the coin from the hot dog sales I guess. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

SACK BUCKS
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
SACK BUCKS

It would be a bold move to sack the coach after a preseason game, but I think the idea has merit......

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:24 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
SACK BUCKS

It would be a bold move to sack the coach after a preseason game, but I think the idea has merit......

Well he has no GamePlan that Works and The lack of Effort Tonight, Are they even playing for him?

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:26 pm

c'mon Dave, give it a rest. Not playing for the coach in a practice game? Even the die hard anti-Bucks brigade hasn't come up with that one yet tonight!

- Ben
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:33 pm

It's 2015 PNC and Varcoe was let go by Geelong.

That should have rung alarm bells.

As should the stats which seemed to show a career in decline.

Anyway let's see how he goes over the next few months before writing him off completely but so far his performances have done nothing to dispel the thoughts many had of him during the trade period and why most weren't that interested in him.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:34 pm

Well North gave Wayne Schimmelbusch the arse after a practise match flogging and replace him with Denis Pagan. It was the best thing that ever happened to that club aside from getting Barrassi, Ron Joseph and the ten year rule.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

swoop42 wrote:
It's 2015 PNC and Varcoe was let go by Geelong.

That should have rung alarm bells.

As should the stats which seemed to show a career in decline.

Anyway let's see how he goes over the next few months before writing him off completely but so far his performances have done nothing to dispel the thoughts many had of him during the trade period and why most weren't that interested in him.

Hine loves trading in Duds from other teams

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:37 pm

Flashman wrote:
Well North gave Wayne Schimmelbusch the arse after a practise match flogging and replace him with Denis Pagan. It was the best thing that ever happened to that club aside from getting Barrassi, Ron Joseph and the ten year rule.

Time for bucks to fall on the sword ya reckon? Hypothetically speaking, who would step in?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Flashman wrote:

Time for bucks to fall on the sword ya reckon? Hypothetically speaking, who would step in?

Murray Weideman

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:44 pm

Is this how we played in 1999?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:46 pm

I'd rather Bucks stays till the end of the season to ensure ourselves a better draft pick.

LOL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: