Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

New metadata laws

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prototype wrote:
I usually download movies or TV shows I haven't been able to find to buy, or aren't cheap to buy. Half of what I have downloaded I have since bought on DVD and deleted. I have also downloaded recent releases in the past and if they've been good I've bought them on DVD.

I am happy to pay for things at a reasonable price, at the moment a lot of things are out of my price range so I will try and find them cheaper if that fails I will download. I am all for paid downloads at a reasonable price, perhaps that will help both parties I am not sure.

My last three downloads were AHS Freak Show, Chips The War Dog (only on VHS not DVD), GodZilla Returns (I've not seen this on DVD that wasn't a bootlegged version.)

American Horror Story isn't available to buy just yet, I've got it on pre-order.

I don't think suing is going to help stop people though, but I am not sure much is going to help stop people pirating they've had fines and shit for years for copying movies and people still do it.

Well Compared to rest of the World we get Charged Way To Much. Though with the new Streaming Companies that won’t be as bad but you have to have Quick Internet and Larger Data usage. That cost more money.

I now download stuff now that are hard to find and/or very expansive. That is mostly Anime.

I also be happy to pay to Download as long as they don’t charge stupid amount of Money

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:47 pm

Could be like the McCarthy trials: name 10 other pirates and we'll let you go. Razz
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:52 pm

David wrote:
Could be like the McCarthy trials: name 10 other pirates and we'll let you go. Razz

That be Dead Easy. Just point at anyone and they would of at Least Pirated 1 Movie.

Reports that said 90% of Aussies are Pirates

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:29 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
David wrote:

That be Dead Easy. Just point at anyone and they would of at Least Pirated 1 Movie.

I am one of the 10% so don't point your finger my way!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:35 pm

KenH wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
David wrote:

I am one of the 10% so don't point your finger my way!

You are in the Minority then Wink

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:36 pm

I have no idea what that means.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:18 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
The Prototype wrote:
I usually download movies or TV shows I haven't been able to find to buy, or aren't cheap to buy. Half of what I have downloaded I have since bought on DVD and deleted. I have also downloaded recent releases in the past and if they've been good I've bought them on DVD.

I am happy to pay for things at a reasonable price, at the moment a lot of things are out of my price range so I will try and find them cheaper if that fails I will download. I am all for paid downloads at a reasonable price, perhaps that will help both parties I am not sure.

My last three downloads were AHS Freak Show, Chips The War Dog (only on VHS not DVD), GodZilla Returns (I've not seen this on DVD that wasn't a bootlegged version.)

American Horror Story isn't available to buy just yet, I've got it on pre-order.

I don't think suing is going to help stop people though, but I am not sure much is going to help stop people pirating they've had fines and shit for years for copying movies and people still do it.

Well Compared to rest of the World we get Charged Way To Much. Though with the new Streaming Companies that won’t be as bad but you have to have Quick Internet and Larger Data usage. That cost more money.

I now download stuff now that are hard to find and/or very expansive. That is mostly Anime.

I also be happy to pay to Download as long as they don’t charge stupid amount of Money

We get charged too much and also local television networks buy content then screw people around with it.

What happened to Gotham that 9 started to air late last year? The cricket started and it vanished. Did it go to a digital channel somewhere? NFI. You can't watch the TV channels on the overseas websites without a VPN because of geo blocking so people download stuff instead.

Fox 8 has been showing series 1 of the Flash only a day or 2 behind the US, so I'm happy to pay for pay TV and watch it. I downloaded series 1 and 2 of Arrow because it just wasn't being shown here.

New release movies I'm not that interested in generally, I dislike the cinema and haven't been this millenium or certainly this decade. They aren't losing any money on me.

Interesting that I heard this whole thing with Dallas Buyers Club has come about because of a group of investors didn't get the level of ROI they expected so they've gone after the pirates.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:30 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
The Prototype wrote:

We get charged too much and also local television networks buy content then screw people around with it.

What happened to Gotham that 9 started to air late last year? The cricket started and it vanished. Did it go to a digital channel somewhere? NFI. You can't watch the TV channels on the overseas websites without a VPN because of geo blocking so people download stuff instead.

Fox 8 has been showing series 1 of the Flash only a day or 2 behind the US, so I'm happy to pay for pay TV and watch it. I downloaded series 1 and 2 of Arrow because it just wasn't being shown here.

New release movies I'm not that interested in generally, I dislike the cinema and haven't been this millenium or certainly this decade. They aren't losing any money on me.

Interesting that I heard this whole thing with Dallas Buyers Club has come about because of a group of investors didn't get the level of ROI they expected so they've gone after the pirates.

I am happy to go see a Movie at the Cinema’s on there Cheap Days.

Yeah - TV Stations just Stopping Shows like Arrow and never seen again is Pathetic and why get them in the 1st Place. Don’t Blame People Downloading TV Series for that Exact Reaosn.

I download Sport Videos and Anime is what I 90% of stuff I download and They are Hard to Find and Buy(English Subs for Anime) or way too expensive. Also I don’t think there super High Chasing Pirates of those 2 Stuff.

Well Maybe the Investors should go to the People who made the Movie. Because it must be a Crappy Movie IF next to no one went to watch it or buy the DVD’s.

When I buy DVD’s I buy them from Shops like Cash Converters and Companies don’t get money off Cash Converters where I brought them anyway

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:19 pm

Off to gold class tomorrow night to watch fast and furious 7! Got a voucher for Chrissy that covered some of it.

Will probably go to the yarraville sun theatre to watch magic mike 2 with a girl friend, you can take wine in!

And then will fork out for gold class with junior for the last hunger games movie

Some things are worth the extra dose!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:34 pm

think positive wrote:
Off to gold class tomorrow night to watch fast and furious 7! Got a voucher for Chrissy that covered some of it.

Will probably go to the yarraville sun theatre to watch magic mike 2 with a girl friend, you can take wine in!

And then will fork out for gold class with junior for the last hunger games movie

Some things are worth the extra dose!

If you enjoy it, yep. I don't.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Probably why I have a media room with home theatre recliners, and a really really loud sound system! All I needs a hunky waiter!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:06 pm

Hah, when the back extension got built I did the wiring for the surround sound speakers before the plasterers came in. None of those fancy chairs, just a half circle couch that seats 5 (7 friendly) and when I watch a movie on my own I can crank up the sound to the point where the neighbors get to enjoy the experience too.

I'd rather kick back with my choice of tucker and a few drinks and watch the movie at home rather than the cinema, the "experience" just doesn't do it for me.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:43 pm

Oh no I love that too, but I don't get out much now, working at home all the time and it's the pits!

Though I'm learning to do lunch! Got one tomorrow with a very special lady we all know and love!

I only go to the pictures for the movies I either just can't wait for, and I don't want a cheap copy, or a good girl flick we can have a chat and wine after!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:45 pm

https://torrentfreak.com/aussies-set-for-200000-piracy-notices-per-year-under-new-code-150408/
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:47 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Hah, when the back extension got built I did the wiring for the surround sound speakers before the plasterers came in. None of those fancy chairs, just a half circle couch that seats 5 (7 friendly) and when I watch a movie on my own I can crank up the sound to the point where the neighbors get to enjoy the experience too.

I'd rather kick back with my choice of tucker and a few drinks and watch the movie at home rather than the cinema, the "experience" just doesn't do it for me.

Cinema’s are not for everyone. I don’t mind it and when I go on a Tuesday during School Holidays there is next to no one there. A Few Times I been the only one in the whole Cinema Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: