Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. NAB Challenge - Blues down Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

roar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Our forward line was almost non-existent, but hopefully this will improve with White back in.

Relying on White to improve our forward line is wishful thinking, Rudie.

I actually thought Karnezis might provide that dangerous 3rd tall option but yesterday's pitiful performance may mean that I'm dreamin', and he will never be anything other than a tease.

It's as much about structures as it is about personal. White wasn't overly flash last season but appears to be attacking the game with renewed vigor and fitness in 2015 so hopefully he can add some consistency to his game. Might struggle to keep Gault out of the seniors if he can't.

As for PK, was an enigma while at the Bears but still young and only his 2nd game for us. Happy to give him time as he can obviously be a creative offensive weapon when on his game. And again, the lack of structure meant he was playing as a 2nd-3rd tall most of yesterday when I actually think he's best suited to a 4th tall position.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:39 am

jackcass wrote:
roar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Our forward line was almost non-existent, but hopefully this will improve with White back in.

I actually thought Karnezis might provide that dangerous 3rd tall option but yesterday's pitiful performance may mean that I'm dreamin', and he will never be anything other than a tease.

It's as much about structures as it is about personal. White wasn't overly flash last season but appears to be attacking the game with renewed vigor and fitness in 2015 so hopefully he can add some consistency to his game. Might struggle to keep Gault out of the seniors if he can't.

As for PK, was an enigma while at the Bears but still young and only his 2nd game for us. Happy to give him time as he can obviously be a creative offensive weapon when on his game. And again, the lack of structure meant he was playing as a 2nd-3rd tall most of yesterday when I actually think he's best suited to a 4th tall position.

listen to bucks talk to the "how", not the "who". at the moment we are very focused on getting the "how" right. the "who" irrespective of who they happen to be need to do the right thing in whatever role they are allocated. in support of what you say, if we get the "how" right, the right outcomes and results will come. yesterday, the scoreboard would have been somewhat irrelevant. talk about beating carlton (and being disappointed) would be only to appease the supporters.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:16 pm

Got to watch it on live TV.

This is a practice match, that is we practice. As we all know it count's for nought for the season proper. Does anyone believe that Hawthorn won't do well given their first NAB game?

We also were without key defenders especially Frost who played every game last year & now we also count Reid as part of the absences.

However, we were found wanting in the clearances & this also reflects the fact that both Swanny & especially Pendles are rusty & needed the hitout. Further, we had a lot of kids who were practicing & missing Sidebottom.

We were slammed in the first 3/4's where Carlton's use of the ball through slingshots (the rugby waves) was excellent & caught us out flat footed. Juddy played really well. Yarran starred but he doesn't seem particularly bright in terms of his decision making. Their talls were clunking a lot & converting.

I'm still amazed at how we got back but we did.

Gault for me is a beauty but he needs more time to mature as a reliable tall Ruckman going into defence. While undermanned the backline lacked coherence at times.

Having said that I thought we did particularly well for a few reasons:

We were depleted in terms of personnel especially in the back line where we were well short.

If it is results we are interested in, then Carlton who had much more experience on the spark than we did only won by 7 points & we ought to have won but missed many opportunities.

The positives for me included:

Gault
Sinclair
Oxley
Ramsey
Crisp
Greenwood

I didn't think much of De Goey's game & when he dribbled the goal through after fumbling the mark I would have taken him off the ground & given him a serve for not handballing it to a player in a better position who was better balanced than he was.

Karnezis was disappointing but will do better when he is not relied upon but can be the mercurial type who can assist when the team is doing well.

Grundy seemed OK but we need Witts as well.

roar 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:13 pm

John Wren wrote:
listen to bucks talk to the "how", not the "who".

Bucks also thinks all of our players can kick the ball well....

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:21 pm

Practice match or not it was a disappointing display IMHO with the ghosts of last season coming back to haunt me.

We didn't have a single 4 quarter performer and none of our players cracked 20 disposals.

The scum had 4 and the top 7 possession winners on the ground.

The only positive was we still only lost by 7 points despite this.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:35 pm

perthmagpie wrote:

Overall this looked like 2014 footy. I could give you a list of the same negatives as last year along with a few positives. I didn't care about the result but was disappointed to not see much of anything new in the team.

Same dysfunctional forward entries.
Same effort in the contest to cause turnovers but then butcher the easy setup kick into space.
Same inability to convert when the ball went over the top with half the ground open.
Same inability to stop easy oppo kick in possession chains.
Same poor kicking for goal and inability to turn a period of dominance into scoring.
Same Clokey refusing to lead enough. Same bombing.

Correct weight.

People say it was only a practice match but surely you should be putting into practice an improved brand of football and not serving up the same old crap from 2014.

Perfect practice makes perfect.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:39 pm

^ the game against the hawks was an improvement on last year. we seemed to regress with some of the regulars back. maybe their presence ultimately influenced how the game panned out and caused us to revert to bad habits.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:51 pm

The result, whilst annoying, isn't really the issue, IMO. Nor am I worried about Swan's game (when did ever do anything in a pre-season game?). However, I am really disappointed with the lacklustre efforts of players that should be trying to establish themselves: Patty K and Marley Williams being the biggest offenders.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:53 pm

Be a cold day in hell when I worry about a bloody Nab cup bullshit loss.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:00 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

GEZZ IF NO CARES THAT WE LOST TO OUR ARCH RIVALS Crying or Very sad

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:02 pm

Where are you located?
Mr. Burns 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:51 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I didn't know 4 points were on offer. It's a friggin practice game DTM. And we played like it was a practice game. Rolling Eyes

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:53 pm

roar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I didn't just mean White, but also Elliott. As well, because we were so short in defence Gault was moved down back for a period, leaving Cloke as the only true marking forward. Ideally we'll have 3 talls in Cloke, White, plus one of Gault/Witts/Grundy.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Mr. Burns wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I didn't know 4 points were on offer. It's a friggin practice game DTM. And we played like it was a practice game. Rolling Eyes

I get it the the Club took it as they did not give a Shit about it.

But this is the Team we should always try and beat

Mr. Burns 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:00 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Mr. Burns wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I get it the the Club took it as they did not give a Shit about it.

But this is the Team we should always try and beat

I know Dave but wait until the proper season starts. I hate that stinking cheating team as much as anyone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: