Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tony Shaw warning to Bucks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaw was a very ordinary coach, at best. Hes probably correct though , this is Bucks make and break year, we must improve a fair bit. I note that Bomber Thompson is waiting quietly in the wings, I have no doubt if we flop, he would be approached, as this is Bucks last contracted season. Bucks has us on the right path for sure, he just needs a decent run with injuries, long term chronic ones, especially.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Beast 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:39 pm

What exactly did Shaw say that is incorrect?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:45 pm

To sell you have to put "Collingwood" in the story. If any coach is under the pump it's Brad Scott. But North have stuff all supporters so there is no story.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:19 pm

John Wren wrote:
some of you really need to move on with your negative opinion of shaw and immediate slandering of him each time he says something. he is correct in what he says but i am inclined to take the chrisso view.

Agree, don't know why we have to go through this every time he says something.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:24 pm

jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
some of you really need to move on with your negative opinion of shaw and immediate slandering of him each time he says something. he is correct in what he says but i am inclined to take the chrisso view.

it's the same when mick's name gets brought up and the lead up to any st kilda game. add daisy thomas and, now, beams. i'm sure there are other examples. same stuff.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:51 pm

jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:

It is always enjoyable reading admit it.

www.facebook/the hybernators
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:53 pm

I see. correct in what he says but he or she is inclined to take the chrisso view is correct in what he says but he or she is inclined to take the chrisso view ?
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:01 pm

How the **** was that an anti Collingwood article? Everything in there has been posted a 100 times here.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:31 pm
Post subject: ShawReply with quote

Tony Shaw was one of our best tactics coaches ever. He just didn't have the players or the right training facilities. You can't produce a GF side when you are expected to train on a construction site. He really tried hard but was a victim of injuries and circumstance. Bucks is a better strategy coach and in my view will be able to deliver us a Flag due to the quality of our list and the facilities he has for the players.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:11 pm

As foar as i can see it's always DTM that starts the anti Shaw crap. I was there in 1990, before and after, and he is a Collingwood legend. Yes, he talks crap a lot, but who cares, most of it is correct re: Collingwood, and he was invited into the Foxtel "Ed TV" telecast in 2013 FFS, so pretty sure he loves the club.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:55 pm

This was an article I put up for Fans Unite, which they promoted me to Pro Writer for.

Quote:
Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley has had a mixed start to his tenure as coach of the club, the former Brownlow Medallist and multi-time best and fairest winner will hope to turn his fortunes around this season. After an injury plagued season that saw the Magpies miss the finals for the first time in eight years, Buckley will hope the changes over the summer break can see a return to the top eight.

The inexperienced Magpies limped over the line last season narrowly missing the finals with many senior players on the sidelines, this season the Pies do it without former captain Nick Maxwell & Luke Ball who both retired, and Dayne Beams who has left for Brisbane.

Collingwood also lost another premiership star in Heritier Lumumba who ended up at Melbourne, but recruiting for Collingwood has been good. The Pies nabbing father/son pick Darcy Moore, and also getting Levi Greenwood from North Melbourne, Travis Varcoe from Geelong, and Jack Crisp from Brisbane. In the draft the Pies snared de Goey who has begun to impress, the return of many stars from injury will also boost the Magpies

http://www.nogreyarea.com.au/2015/02/24/7267/buckleys-make-or-break-season

It's actually received mixed reviews currently.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:32 pm

Shaw didn't write anything that has not been repeated by many on Nicks many times over the last six months.

I personally feel that Buckley has the makings of a good coach. Only time will tell. What he does need is a bit of luck with injuries so that he has the opportunity so showcase both his and the teams skills.

I personally think his stance is realistic and certainly not negatively biased.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:47 pm

For me, as I've said previously, an improvement on last year and for us to make the eight would be a pass mark for me.

As other have said, I tend to think the same, that's quite conservative of me.

If we fail to make the eight this year, then I'd expect Collingwood in 2016 make a big play for Clarkson. I honestly believe, at this point in time, he's the best coach going around. More so than Lyon and Roos.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear this year that Bucks has a one year extension.

Realistically, no matter how we do, as paying member I'd expect Collingwood to look at the best coach available when the contract of our current coach is up and make an informed decision on who takes us into the future.

If we do show a vast improvement on 2014, like say we made top 4 for instance, then yes, I'd give bucks another 3 years.

No matter what any of us say, Bucks is going to be under heaps of pressure in 2015. Not just from members... but also the media.

We need to prepare for it. it's not going to go away.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:30 pm

I think Bucks would agree with Shaw's comments. Nothing too controversial there. The Pies expect considerable improvement over the next couple of years...and I reckon Bucks will deliver it.
JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:47 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Shaw was a very ordinary coach, at best. Hes probably correct though , this is Bucks make and break year, we must improve a fair bit. I note that Bomber Thompson is waiting quietly in the wings, I have no doubt if we flop, he would be approached, as this is Bucks last contracted season. Bucks has us on the right path for sure, he just needs a decent run with injuries, long term chronic ones, especially.

Wrong! 2016 unless he has a Sanderson-type axing or resigns in the manner McCartney did from the Bulldogs. Our board extended his current contract by one season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: