Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Will the old fool get the sack

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pricks make good coaches. Sheedy Matthews Clarkson. Nobody like to get told there time is up and when it happens some take it better than others.

I'm sure the club hopes one day he'll walk back in and I'm sure they'll be prepared to forgive and forget and then remember together what great stuff was achieved.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Whatever damien to each their own.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:59 pm

I think you can be a good coach without being a full on prick, but having a little of it never hurt. I have no love for Mick, yeah I appreciate and respect him as a coach never met him or know him as a person.

Like all coaches if he does badly he will be sacked, but I only care how Collingwood does. The Blues I have no real worries for.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:38 pm

I don't harbour a grudge against Mick however I have no love for him either. He did himself no favours with the way he conducted himself with his undermining of Buckley and the football club towards the end of his coaching stint in 2011 and the way he's subsequently conducted himself at Carlton with further comments towards us.

I appreciate what he brought to the club for the 12 seasons he coached here. We were a thoroughly consistent and competitive team under his reign and I don't think that should be forgotten but it's disappointing the relationship ended badly between him and the club.

Will it be repaired? Time will tell.

Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:49 pm

Let's not get carried away about Mick breaking Jock McHale's record. Jock's two most important records will never be broken.

Eight Premierships - only Norm Smith comes close with six and that was half a century ago. In the days of equalisation, salary caps and extra teams, four seems to be the best any coach can do.

Jock's second most important record was the most matches coached (713) at the same club. This is a far greater achievement than Mick's 710 (currently) at four clubs, The next highest number of games coached are also by players who coached at multiple teams (Sheedy 2, Jeans 3, Hafey 4) No-one in the modern era will ever be given that long at the one club, not even favourite sons like Bucks or Essendon's Hird.

Horatio Fin 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:04 am

oops
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:32 am

Jock McHale loved the Magpies, with all his heart and soul, a one club man, as great player and great coach. He even died kind of, for the club, as he got so excited after we won the 1953 flag, that night of the win he had a heart attack thru the stress, and never recovered. He passed seeing a Collingwood flag on the day, not a bad way to go, eh !

Malthouse is no McHale, never will be. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:39 pm

For those too lazy to search . . .

Jock McHale did it all for his beloved Collingwood

Premiership player 1910

Premiership playing coach 1917

6 time Premiership coach, narrowly missing out on coaching the '30 4pete flag due to illness.

261 games as a player

713 games as a coach - that's within a season of 1000 games FFS!!!

'Legend' of the australian football hall of fame

Jock lived and breathed Collingwood and even if mick coached for 1000 years he wouldn't be fit to lick Jock's boots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: