Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Media starts their Attack on Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:08 pm
Post subject: Media starts their Attack on PiesReply with quote

Typical Gutter Trash Crap from the Herald Sun:

Quote:
SWANSONG, OR NOT

Dane Swan gets funnier and seemingly more and more loved by non-Collingwood people by the year. The problem though is that the appreciation of Pies fans is going the other way. For the first time a question no player over 30 wants is being directed at Swanny — is he gone? Take out a stunning four-goal Anzac Day performance and his 2014 stunk. Injuries brought him back to the pack and made him a shadow of the player he was a few years ago. Given his body shape and questionable fitness routines, some believe he has a battle on his hands.

But what happens IF he Dominates and win there Brownlow and Copeland?

Quote:
BUCK THE TREND?

We all know Eddie will never sack Nathan Buckley. It’s right up there with life’s certainties — birth, death, taxes and Tony Abbott not getting a second term. So it’s not worth debating his job security. What will be analysed is whether Bucks is made of the right coaching stuff. The second half of 2014 was a mess and his worm is going in the wrong direction — fourth to eighth to 11th. Injuries have hurt him, whispers about disharmony haven’t helped but this year is a blank canvas for Bucks and he needs to paint a good picture.

But what Happens IF we make the Top 4 This Year?

Plus Malthouse is more a chance of getting Sacked then Bucks

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/afl-2015-five-of-the-hottest-topics-from-mick-to-mitch-and-danger-to-dane-seasons-points-of-interest/story-e6frf3e3-1227258360207

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

dave, for a hun article the comments appear to be reasonably objective. you need to get some perspective.

swan is over 30, had a putrid year last year and is closer to the end than the beginning. another down year and it may well be his last year.

as for buckley, so long as he is on an upward trajectory and the club thinks he is the man to take the group forward then he is safe. having said that, we all were all in disbelief when sanderson got booted from the crows. if bucks and his coaching team can get some clear air there's no reason why we won't be yapping at the heels of the leading pack.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:37 pm

John Wren wrote:
dave, for a hun article the comments appear to be reasonably objective. you need to get some perspective.

swan is over 30, had a putrid year last year and is closer to the end than the beginning. another down year and it may well be his last year.

as for buckley, so long as he is on an upward trajectory and the club thinks he is the man to take the group forward then he is safe. having said that, we all were all in disbelief when sanderson got booted from the crows. if bucks and his coaching team can get some clear air there's no reason why we won't be yapping at the heels of the leading pack.

It be Swans Last Year is lot more Likely then Bucks going.

Even IF we don’t have a great season. Ed won’t sack Bucks

Stupied 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:45 pm

I was preparing to be outraged, but all I saw was two reasonably objective articles asking legitimate questions.

A little perspective please Dave.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:02 pm

Dave m8 it's the price we pay for the privelege of barracking for the greatest sporting organization on the planet.

Every article written about Collingwood is a sure fire winner, simply because it's about us. 90% of the sheep out there have been conditioned by the AFL and the media to hate Collingwood so of course to sell the maximum amount of media they slant the knife for the ribs so that the sheep can have the pleasure of sniggering at the Pies.

Water off a ducks back m8, we are the best so just forget the rest.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:48 pm

[quote="John Wren"]dave, for a hun article the comments appear to be reasonably objective. you need to get some perspective.

as for buckley, so long as he is on an upward trajectory and the club thinks he is the man to take the group forward then he is safe. having said that, we all were all in disbelief when sanderson got booted from the crows. if bucks and his coaching team can get some clear air there's no reason why we won't be yapping at the heels of the leading pack.[/quote]

What planet have you been on lately?
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:45 pm

Swan to have a couple more years… he will have a better year in 2015 and will finish it up at the end of 2016 on a premiership high by retiring with a norm smith. That's a beautiful swan song for an ugly duckling Smile
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:11 pm

We are the media's prime source of revenue and therefore will print pretty well anything
If anything broadcast or printed has anything close to the truth in regards to us --well thats
a slice of luck
As for Dane he had a bad illness at 2014 start which robbed him of pre season quality
and then horrid run of injuries--IMO he will do better this year
Buck's still has most of our support --well speaking for me he has mine
There is just some indefinable feeling of quiet confidence at Westpac and many on this forum

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:24 pm

Don't forget the stitch-up job they did on Pendles with the poster in the Sunday sun. Even Buckley gave him stick over the bad photo they used :p

https://twitter.com/ncb_cfc/status/574349154098548737

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:32 pm

Yep nothing to see here. Just an over populated media pack looking for something to write, filling time and hanging for the season to start when there WILL be something of substance to talk about. Just like us pretty much. Go Pies.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:45 pm

When they're not writing about us Dave, that's when you start getting worried.
I'm upbeat every year as we head into a new season, but this year I can sense the beginning of something special.
We've got a group of experienced premiership players hungry to reclaim their status and a group of second tier players eager to prove themselves. Then we need to consider that we have two year's worth of top draft picks ready to roll. As Derek Hine tellingly quipped, we've got some great Christmas presents that haven't been opened yet.
Get on board Dave because we're on the rise!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:01 pm

Neil i too feel something special and even more so by your impression's
As you attend the practice and training and pass on to the forum your
observation increase's that feeling .
A lot closer than many in the comp IMHO

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:11 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
I'm upbeat every year as we head into a new season, but this year I can sense the beginning of something special.
We've got a group of experienced premiership players hungry to reclaim their status and a group of second tier players eager to prove themselves. Then we need to consider that we have two year's worth of top draft picks ready to roll. As Derek Hine tellingly quipped, we've got some great Christmas presents that haven't been opened yet.
Get on board Dave because we're on the rise!

I do feel the Potential of a Special Side but I don’t feel it for this year. I say in 2 seasons we could have a side that could possibly start being a Top 4 Side and competing for the Flag again

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:16 pm

This is an outrage!!

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:37 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:

Exactamundo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: