Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The scum floundering for members LOL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

neil wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:
Barry I certainly loathe Carlton as much if not more than anyone alive

BUT

Many young people don't know that in the infancy of Australian rules football here in Melbourne Collingwood and Carlton were very friendly and helped each other qualify for the VFA and VFL competitions.

Various things happened to increse tensions over the years but the final straw was our 4pete in '29 - '32.

Since then the scum have taken every single opportunity to cause us inconvenience and greif.

This latest luring of grumpy and the surf dwarf is a mere bagatelle in the near endless line of insults and slights they have aimed our way.

So the fact that they are now foundering for members and have to beg the AFL - AGAIN - for help is surely the sweetest of sweet revenges.

The hatred started before 1929-32 at the 1910 GF ( US v Scum ) at the third qtr break a fight broke out with up to 30 players and officials involved. Collingwood won the GF by 14 points.

Some players got 18 month suspentions one Collingwood player got 12 months but another player confessed and the suspention was lifted. This pissed off the scum Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Lol Niel indeed it did and there were a few other spats between the clubs regarding various matters.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:32 pm

This is the bit I liked

Quote:
Despite being one of the competition's oldest and most successful clubs, the new Blues' hierarchy accepts it is suffering from something tantamount to an identity crisis. A theme in recent feedback from fans is that the Blues have been too eager to "buy" success and do not stand for anything readily definable

The same fans over at Scumland are already talking up there chances of landing Jeremy Cameron next year especially now SOS is back at the Blooze. Yep that sounds exactly like a club and fans that don't want to buy in instant success anymore doesn't it? Laughing
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:11 pm

Flash in my books the club started to die ( as a club supporters could be proud of ) when that ignorant prick Elliott took the reigns.

Nobody can be proud of a club that flouts the rules to buy success, especially when said flouting buys nothing but second rate high draft picks because all the clubs money is spent on under the counter deals instead of searching for and hiring competent recruiters.

Since then it has been a procession of shonky deals and shonkier coverups by the AFL. A tragi-comedy when they were punished for breaking the rules one year and then given a handout the very next year by the AFL because they were in hardship.

It's enough to make any fair dinkum barracker puke, and despite all their denials deep down in their heart of hearts most Bluze supporters secretly know their club is a cesspool bent on success at any cost, who believe that they are better than the rules and the rule makers.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:13 pm

I wonder if the scum fans realise that SOS doesn't come with the multitude of high draft picks he had whilst at GWS?

Anyone could look good in those circumstances.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:34 pm

I have zero sympathy for this club that are cheats and have the most arrogant supporters and individuals running the club and they deserve no support or assistance from the AFL for their incompetence and lack of ability to have more people become members of the club. I hope the AFL tells them to work out their membership problem by themselves.

The membership figure of 50,000 in 2013 for Carlton is somewhat suspicious mainly because Carlton were pushing very hard to play their home matches at the MCG and the AFL stated that they needed 50,000 members to justify such a move from Etihad Stadium to the MCG. Of course last year that figure was not replicated and it's highly likely that they won't reach 50,000 members this year either hence the move to the MCG looks unlikely at the moment.

Carlton is still in a position where they think going out and getting the best coach or player from an opposition club will bring them success like it did in the 1970s and 1980s but John Elliott's backward philosophies which have spread through his successors since his presidential reign ended in 2002 has resulted in a stale and soulless club with no positive direction heading forward and it still lacks the ability and understanding to recruit sensibly and knowledgeably and to handle finances effectively. Other clubs like ourselves, Hawthorn and Geelong for example have evolved as the game has changed and that's why our clubs are in much better positions on the field and off the field as we speak.

The rut for Carlton officially commenced from the moment it was revealed they cheated the salary cap in 2002 and were fined in excess of nearly $1,000,000 and since then they have struggled as some supporters have lost faith in the club in general, young supporters don't see the appeal to support Carlton due to a lack of success in the past 13 years and their reputation as a strong but honest club (not that it was ever honest) has taken a massive hit for them with salary cap cheating being on the forefront of this cheating, tanking for draft picks and of course it's arrogant ability to not acknowledge past mistakes and errors from the past.

Finally long may this misery continue for them! Laughing

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Flashman wrote:
This is the bit I liked

Quote:
Despite being one of the competition's oldest and most successful clubs, the new Blues' hierarchy accepts it is suffering from something tantamount to an identity crisis. A theme in recent feedback from fans is that the Blues have been too eager to "buy" success and do not stand for anything readily definable

The same fans over at Scumland are already talking up there chances of landing Jeremy Cameron next year especially now SOS is back at the Blooze. Yep that sounds exactly like a club and fans that don't want to buy in instant success anymore doesn't it? Laughing

It was just announced that Jeremy Cameron re-signed with the Giants on a five-year contract extension so Carlton can forget about recruiting him.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/giant-fiveyear-contract-extension-for-jeremy-cameron-20150305-13wgfs.html

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:41 pm

The time is right for us --its our time with Tullamarine users and the Scumbag loosers
wallowing in sewerage to leapfrog over them with back to backs taking us to 17 flags
And more to contemplate first side to 20 flags
That sounds good to me

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:13 pm

I defecate on the Carlton football club from a great height. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:16 pm

Jezza wrote:
Flashman wrote:
This is the bit I liked

Quote:

It was just announced that Jeremy Cameron re-signed with the Giants on a five-year contract extension so Carlton can forget about recruiting him.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/giant-fiveyear-contract-extension-for-jeremy-cameron-20150305-13wgfs.html

Music to my eyes Jezza Laughing

That pipe dream now lies in ruins but they've still got SOS and, and ...that's about it.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:29 pm

I have nothing but contempt for that vile foul and decrepit excuse for a football club and I wish them nothing but misery and sorrow for all of eternity. I want nothing more than to thrash the scum in a GF while the old codger is still in charge and I want us to be the ones to hand them their arses on a platter by 150 pts. Y'all with me???
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:08 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

These are the years Carlton will remember as the lost years. A decision to get MM will be one they will regret. Not that MM is the problem, its simply a case of a Club with no purpose, hoping that recruiting a brilliant coach would fix all their problems on and off the field. They have always reminded me of a Club that has a culture of used car salesman. You never feel you are getting a good deal. Just an experience dealing with oily haired business types, who with one hand shake your hand and with the other working over your wallet.

I expect next they will look to the glory years of the 70's and 80's and grasp at something that will work with their fans. Jezza as a comeback coach is certainly on the cards.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:00 am

I don't blame them for appointing Malthouse, he was clearly the best available, the only question was his hunger, and TBH I don't think they gave him the authority we gave him when he came in and cleaned our house.

I think the difference between us in 99 and them in 2013 is we actually had a half decent leadership group, they didn't.

He inherited major salary cap issues at Carlton, they had more high profile under performing salary cap eating spuds than any other team in the history of the cap, no coach was taking them anywhere fast IMO.

Best part is, they haven't even bottomed out, yet, that will happen over the Next 3 years.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.

Last edited by Bob Sugar on Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:07 am

WarrenerraW wrote:
I have nothing but contempt for that vile foul and decrepit excuse for a football club and I wish them nothing but misery and sorrow for all of eternity. I want nothing more than to thrash the scum in a GF while the old codger is still in charge and I want us to be the ones to hand them their arses on a platter by 150 pts. Y'all with me???

yep, and I hope and pray that when we meet these evil bluebellied bastards for the old mans record breaking game, where he breaks the great one and only jock mchales record, I just hope we annihilate the pricks, and give em one hell of a hiding. Ruin the old farts big day out, and smash the crap outa them, with dollar daisy doing his dodgy ankle again, yet again. we must win this game, no matter what else happens this season. Exclamation Exclamation Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:11 am
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
These are the years Carlton will remember as the lost years. A decision to get MM will be one they will regret. Not that MM is the problem, its simply a case of a Club with no purpose, hoping that recruiting a brilliant coach would fix all their problems on and off the field. They have always reminded me of a Club that has a culture of used car salesman. You never feel you are getting a good deal. Just an experience dealing with oily haired business types, who with one hand shake your hand and with the other working over your wallet.

I expect next they will look to the glory years of the 70's and 80's and grasp at something that will work with their fans. Jezza as a comeback coach is certainly on the cards.

Least they have something to look back to, I've seen 2 flags in 41 years, and they were 20 years apart.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:15 am
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Defender wrote:
Hiss wrote:

Least they have something to look back to, I've seen 2 flags in 41 years, and they were 20 years apart.

Be thankful, saints fans have seen one flag in 144 seasons. Exclamation Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: