Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MCG to slash food and drink prices

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:20 pm
Post subject: YeahReply with quote

These businesses still are ripping us off. The buy price wholesale (trade) for a pie for them is 75 cents. Now considering fixed costs and labour they come in at $1.38 per pie. We do these same calculations for our own cricket club and ours are less because we don't the MCG prices for the outlets. I found those costs out last year when I rang them about selling food at the footy. That is all their costs covered. So they claim at $4.00 we are getting a good deal. Typical. Aussie businesses rip us off. They want to live in big million dollar homes and constantly winge about labour rates, when they refuse to acknowledge they are greedy and their materialistic lifestyles come first. Rip the customer and workers off and make lots of profit for themselves. No donuts. Don't get me started. They cost 12 cents to make each plus the fixed costs. How much do you pay at the footy for a foul donut . Who's kidding who here with the price of food. It is a disgrace and this latest stunt is another act of desperation. What's that old saying by George W Bush Jr. ? Fool me once shame on you. You can't fool me twice.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We are getting Ripped Off and that is the same with anything you buy
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:55 pm

the fuzz wrote:
Beer??

No such luck there, same price.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:16 pm

Wow. People here love to whine don't they?

The new prices sit roughly around retail, some a little over, but not heart attack inducing like the old prices. $7.50 for a good schnitzel burger (and the MCG ones are good) is what you'd pay at a chicken shop. Drinks are still a bit pricey, sushi is still a bit of a rip, but overall the pricing is a lot better.

If I were to buy a burger, chips and soft drink I'd save roughly $5. That's pretty good.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:01 pm

Stup that's like saying a retailer that normally sells stuff at 30% inflated prices is a good guy when he puts on a 20% reduction.

No matter how much is reduced it just shows how much they have been raking in previously.

To put it in simple plain English . . .

If they can afford to reduce the cost by 20% and still make a profit then they have been raping us for 20% for years.

Not nice guys just guys who are realizing that the paying public is close to being fed up with being ripped off.

As for me - no axe to grind I always take an esky and thermos . . .
Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:34 pm

Not saying the retailers are good guys for doing this, I'm saying that the AFL is finally trying to make food more affordable at the ground again and everyone still bitches and moans about it.

There's no doubt that prices shouldn't have been gouged to such an extent in the first place. As far as the current pricing goes, given the reasonably high prices for the shop leases and the fact that the employees will basically be on perma penalty rates given its weekend/night work only, I can understand why the pricing is a little above standard retail.

You don't have to explain anything to me, I understand perfectly the ins and outs of this particular topic given I've been involved in both retail and wholesale for the past decade. Frankly, I'm a little insulted that you feel that you have to somehow 'put it in plain English' for me. I would have assumed based on my previous posting that I've demonstrated pretty clearly that I have no trouble grasping a pretty basic concept like this.

Last edited by Stupied on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:36 pm

The reason the prices were high was because we had 10 grounds to service in Melbourne and there was allegedly a lot of waste. Now there is only 2 the costs should have come down. I mean pies not sold friday will be sold the next day or Sunday. And if you think its expensive in melbourne at Metricon on the Gold Coast it is larceny.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:58 pm

stui magpie wrote:
the fuzz wrote:
Beer??

I think that is far enough as we dont want people drinking more and possibly trouble to come of it

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:04 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
the fuzz wrote:
Beer??

I think that is far enough as we dont want people drinking more and possibly trouble to come of it
That's pretty much the reason they gave Dave, don't want to encourage drinking. Confused

I'll give you the tip, charging over $7 for a plastic cup of mid strength beer is by no means encouraging alcohol consumption.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:19 pm

mid strength beer is one of the most vile drops i have ever had the misfortune of tasting.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:56 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

John Wren wrote:
mid strength beer is one of the most vile drops i have ever had the misfortune of tasting.

Yes but you usually drink pussy french wine at the footy and still complain that society somehow owes you something. The real John Wren (not the fake you are) only drank sars. At least that was more of a mans drink than french wine. Start supporting aussie jobs for once.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:44 am

I welcome these changes in regards to discount prices for food and drinks at the game. It would have been great if this included beer as well but it's definitely better than nothing.

Anyway while all these changes are great and are more appealing towards the family-friendly concept that the AFL is striving for why does the cynic in me still think the AFL is appeasing supporters before they make a big move that will piss off a lot of supporters such as changing the Grand Final time slot for example.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but the decision to remove the restrictions for flag sizes at games, the discount prices of food and drinks and bringing back to kick to kick on the grounds after some games have been unusual for mine but don't get me wrong these changes are great but I'm not sure whether the AFL is doing this for the good of the game or there's something more sinister about the future of the game than it appears on the surface and as a result these changes are purely for the purposes of appeasing supporters before something unpopular occurs within the game.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:49 am

Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
the fuzz wrote:
Beer??

Bullshit. The people in the members can drink what they like and the corporates are drinking wine etc. It was a working mans game. If they don't want drunks , or in fact drinking at all, etc then have every game on a saturday afternoon. And the first sponsors of a team were Carlton United on a guernsey. Anyway they the un Australian dobber text. We will make our money and then throw you out on some unproven allegation. I would make half the ground alcohol free and those dobbers can piss off there and leave the rest of us alone.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:09 am

What'sinaname wrote:
The first step to stopping all outside food and drink being admitted into the stadium.

Cynical, but you could be on the money.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:18 am

Yay! Now we can all afford to get fat on hot dogs and fried chips! Hoorah! The fat just got fatter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: