Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Grundy’s new temperment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:13 pm
Post subject: Grundy’s new tempermentReply with quote

Quote:
After a difficult second season – and remembering his ill disciplined and frustration filled efforts during last year’s NAB Challenge – it was reassuring to see a more level headed and composed performance from a player who we’ll need to play a big part in any future success.

That was a very pleasing thing from Grundy. Did not have a Fantastic Start but unlike last year where he would get Frustrated and start to do some stupid things.

This game he did not seem effected and just kept playing and from the 2nd QTR onwards he had a Impact on the Game.

Good on You Grundy

http://www.thecollingwoodblog.com/blog/?p=1985

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he was great too Dave, very pleased for him

(hopefully the tavern gets a temperament upgrade too, gees things are getting snappy already!! hopefully not this threads though)

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Am in agreement as after impacting on the scene toward end of 2013 appeared
to be a bit "big headed" in 2014
And with Witts getting game time whilst he ran around Vic Park the time came to take
a hard look at himself
His game was solid on Thursday and just played the game without being distracted
That first bounce in last quarter where he tapped it over the pack into the waiting hands
of young Jordan started a great kick,mark & goal and has me anticipating years of more
of the same

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:54 pm

Well after the very strong finish he had to 2013 in the AFL. May as you said gave him a bit of Big Headness as there where reports when he came back for the 2014 Pre-Season he did not return in that great of shape.

Time in the VFL gave him the Kick up the Bum he Might of Needed

But this Off-Season he came back in this pre-season in Fantastic Shape and you can see that

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:04 pm

I think his 'big headedness' may be something of a myth. The reality is that he suffered some on-going back problems which affected his form. Hopefully, he remains fit and strong as both he and Witts should form the best ruck duo in the AFL in coming years.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:10 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I think his 'big headedness' may be something of a myth. The reality is that he suffered some on-going back problems which affected his form. Hopefully, he remains fit and strong as both he and Witts should form the best ruck duo in the AFL in coming years.

Where did you hear that his Back was Playing up?

So the Pain that was Restricting him made him lash out with Frustration?

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:22 pm

Gave away far too many frees last season and was clearly on the positive side of the umps Thursday night. (Haven't checked the stats though) Let's hope this trend continues in the 2015 season proper.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:54 am

I can remember him - with great affection - rag dolling Mumford when the ratbag tried to intimidate him at the interchange bench very early in his career.

Love that he didn't take a backward step but he seemed to get carried away last year. This - admittedly from a 1 game perspective - he appears to have put a harness on that aggression and is using it to ease the path for his team mates without giving away obvious free kicks.

Kudos to the young bloke - he got a kick up the hooter last year and justly derserved - but he appears to have learnt his lesson and is a better player because of it.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:48 am

And big headed was harsh on my part so sorry Brody --build your game
agenda on that 1st NAB game
I saw your thinking game that made such an impact on us and the footy
world in 2013 being used against Hawks.
And as I stated that over the pack tap perfect for Jordan to set up a goal
pure perfection

Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:07 pm

He was very good and looks trim and fit and ran better than I've seen him (an improved tank perhaps?).

As Jonathon Brown reminded us the other night Brodie is still only coming into his 3rd year and a lot of ruckmen haven't even broken into senior level at that point in their careers.

He's already shown he can be good at senior level and his job now is to build on his fitness base, develop consistency, learn the art of ruckwork and control his emotions better and we will have an absolute ripper and a rolled gold one-two punch of a ruck combo with the giant Witts.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:21 pm

I think he was actually targeted a bit in 2014 after he got sucked in v Richmond in the NAB challenge game in Wang. Think he showed gradual improvement in his control as 2014 season progressed and he's just continuing that aspect of his development.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:20 am

If Grundy can channel his aggression the right way he'll be an asset for this side.

He's still a very young player so we need to be patient with his development as a ruckman but there's a lot to like about him! In my opinion he's the ruckman with the most upside in the whole competition and could be one of the best rucks in the league when he starts hitting his peak later on in his career.

I hope after an ordinary 2014 season he'll demonstrate what he's capable of again after a very promising latter part of 2013 when he was in good form and this was at a time when he hadn't even undergone a pre-season at this stage. I hope to see him in the seniors more often this year.

think better 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:19 am

His free kick against count early last year wasn't good - after he was dropped to the twos he came back and did much better. I thought at the time he was dropped to learn how not to get sucked in and to reduce the number of free kicks.

It looks like this year is more progression on this path (without being a shrinking violet)

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:05 am

Jezza wrote:
If Grundy can channel his aggression the right way he'll be an asset for this side.

He's still a very young player so we need to be patient with his development as a ruckman but there's a lot to like about him! ........

Exactamundo. Nail, hit head.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:27 am

I have never had an issue with his temperament. I love his agro. when he stops being young and has the reputation of one of the best in the business, the frees against will drastically diminish
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: