Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Cloke and Brown

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I think love is just a biological urge. Other times LOVE seems like a spiritual quality. Love, unlike energy or matter, seems limitless.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:01 am

Scribe wrote:
Quote:
Droversdog65 wrote:

Remember back a few years when Cloke was out injured for the better part of one year and remember our spread of goal kickers- it didn't affect our scoring and in fact aided us against the tougher teams because you couldn't stop the goals by jumping all over Cloke.

Since his Collingwood debut, Travis Cloke has played 215 games from a possible 240, including finals. Of the 25 he has missed, 14 came from his first two seasons (before he was 19) and he hasn't missed more than three games in a single season since.

Going by this ratio, he's actually one of the most durable and reliable players in the history of the football club - at a time when durability and reliability have become foreign concepts to our playing list.

In Cloke Collingwood has had a weapon for more than a decade - one that we have only utilised properly around 50% of the time.

I for one would not be trading away the best CHF in the history of this club because we've failed to surround him with the right players.

The moment you get rid of Cloke, you're looking for a player just like him again. 17 other clubs welcome him with open arms and then laugh all the way to September.

I respect the OP has seen a lot of the game and I don't like deriding anyone's opinion, but this is certainly one of the most bizarre threads in my time on Nicks..

I feel like I've said that so much over the last 2-3 years that it's lost all meaning. Jesus.

It is such a bad thread that i reached out to the mods unsolicited to apologize for my role in it!

sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:39 am

As the start of the season draws closer so does judgement day begin on all aspects of " THE TEAM " .

A few weeks ago I wrote on NICKS about my belief that the players were not aerobically fit enough and more recently also this topic .

As a one eyed CFC supporter ,over the years , i have had many thoughts that i have aired to the group of fellow nut cases i go with . Sometimes they agree and sometimes they do not .

I feel if i were the coach CFC would have won another 20 cups .

It hurts to realise that CFC has been runner-up about 23 times .

If i have any thoughts in the future about topics that may or may
not be controversial i hope i am given the chance to air them.

For my part all i do is for the interest of sensible discussion which those on here have done whether they agree or not .

So i hope the CFC improves this year / top four i do not think this year / 5 to 8 would be fantastic / with a new young team i hope the development mark on the development chart improves .

Stupied 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:45 am

Scribe wrote:
Quote:
Droversdog65 wrote:

Remember back a few years when Cloke was out injured for the better part of one year and remember our spread of goal kickers- it didn't affect our scoring and in fact aided us against the tougher teams because you couldn't stop the goals by jumping all over Cloke.

Since his Collingwood debut, Travis Cloke has played 215 games from a possible 240, including finals. Of the 25 he has missed, 14 came from his first two seasons (before he was 19) and he hasn't missed more than three games in a single season since.

Going by this ratio, he's actually one of the most durable and reliable players in the history of the football club - at a time when durability and reliability have become foreign concepts to our playing list.

In Cloke Collingwood has had a weapon for more than a decade - one that we have only utilised properly around 50% of the time.

I for one would not be trading away the best CHF in the history of this club because we've failed to surround him with the right players.

The moment you get rid of Cloke, you're looking for a player just like him again. 17 other clubs welcome him with open arms and then laugh all the way to September.

I respect the OP has seen a lot of the game and I don't like deriding anyone's opinion, but this is certainly one of the most bizarre threads in my time on Nicks..

I feel like I've said that so much over the last 2-3 years that it's lost all meaning. Jesus.

Hit the nail on the head.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:47 am

sem wrote:
I feel if i were the coach CFC would have won another 20 cups

That explains a lot.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:58 pm

Stupied wrote:
sem wrote:

That explains a lot.

If I was an umpire we would be undefeated!

sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi Stupied

Re my reference to "if I were the coach " was my only part of my words said on here on this topic that were said in humour .

i believe what i said through this topic to be correct and i hope that all my thoughts about Brown and Cloke can be proved wrong .

So we wait and see after a few games have been played .

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:48 pm

Just because you believe it doesn't make it true. Why specifically do you hope for that all his or her thoughts about Brown and Cloke can be proved wrong?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:51 pm

KenH wrote:
Stupied wrote:
sem wrote:

That explains a lot.

If I was an umpire we would be undefeated!

If I was CEO of the AFL we'd win the flag every year. Every second year we'd beat Carlton, the alternate years they'd get the wooden spoon and we'd beat someone else. Razz

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:03 pm

If I were coach Daicos would still be playing.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:36 pm

With my views as expressed at the beginning of this topic i really do hope that both Cloke and Brown can prove my views to be incorrect especially against Carlton , this Sunday and if they do to increase again and again to a higher standard .

They have a chance to shine against very weak opposition , so not a real test but maybe a start .

if only i could tell them what i think and to hear what they would say to me

How strong are they both mentally to be able to lift their very low standard MUCH higher ?

sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:36 pm

With my views as expressed at the beginning of this topic i really do hope that both Cloke and Brown can prove my views to be incorrect especially against Carlton , this Sunday and if they do to increase again and again to a higher standard .

They have a chance to shine against very weak opposition , so not a real test but maybe a start .

if only i could tell them what i think and to hear what they would say to me

How strong are they both mentally to be able to lift their very low standard MUCH higher ?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:34 pm

Since we're repeating ourselves in this thread, here's my reprise:
Pies4shaw wrote:
That's ok, Neil, because this is actually just a wind-up (or, at least, I hope it is).
Doc63 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:48 pm

Defender wrote:
If I were coach Daicos would still be playing.

And would still be the best shot for goal in the side.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:02 pm

It was a great call to retire him in 1994, so Brad Plain could take over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: