Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. NAB Challenge - Pies smash Hawks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Fingers crossed Blair spends the season in the twos.

LOL!! I love this bloody pathetic need on Nick's to have at least one poor scapegoat a season!! We have had various nominations in the past including Heater and Harry at one stage. Last season it was Armstrong until he did OK. Now its Blair's turn. Next season lets get really funky and get stuck into a Pendles, shall we?
These are guys who are wearing the famous black and white jumper and all you lot are doing is putting shit on them. What bloody fools some of you are. Evil or Very Mad Mad

Nobody is scapegoating Blair. He has been largely getting a game the last few seasons because of his capacity to stay uninjured and the lack of competition for places within the team. Now there is genuine competition for places and there's no garantee that Blair is just going to be handed a spot in the team. That's a good thing in my opinion.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:09 pm

Don't pity the guys the Hawks had out - they'd be envious about he players we had in!

I don't mean the senior players, I mean our young guys - our last 6 or 8 guys would have all been about the same age, but our kids were better and have a lot more experience, unfortunately due to the horror run with injuries the last two years.

I'll trade the Hawks their current batch of kids for their last two years... Otherwise, leave them to worry about their kids and let us enjoy ours!

- Ben
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:33 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Stupied wrote:

LOL!! I love this bloody pathetic need on Nick's to have at least one poor scapegoat a season!! We have had various nominations in the past including Heater and Harry at one stage. Last season it was Armstrong until he did OK. Now its Blair's turn. Next season lets get really funky and get stuck into a Pendles, shall we?
These are guys who are wearing the famous black and white jumper and all you lot are doing is putting shit on them. What bloody fools some of you are. Evil or Very Mad Mad

Nobody is scapegoating Blair. He has been largely getting a game the last few seasons because of his capacity to stay uninjured and the lack of competition for places within the team. Now there is genuine competition for places and there's no garantee that Blair is just going to be handed a spot in the team. That's a good thing in my opinion.

That logic doesn't make sense. If Blair merits a game based on his form and value to the team, why are you hoping that he spends the entire season in the two's? Isn't that kinda unfair to just only pick him out? That IS clearly scapegoating in my view. Rolling Eyes

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:49 am

Laz I love Blair's total commitment to the cause and am proud and grateful for his efforts on our behalf . . .

BUT

He is a limited footballer who has played a strong part in a team playing a very limited and restricted game plan.

In these last couple of years we have recruited heavilly to lift our skill and attacking levels to compete with the new levels league wide.

Blair's skillset is insufficient to match it and if he is still playing regular 1sts at the end of the season it can only mean that our recruiting hasn't been as good as we think it has.

It's no reflection on Blair or denunciation on his efforts, it's simply that the emerging game plan is not suited to his strengths.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:35 am

I hear what you are saying but I think it sucks when you have a supposedly Collingwood fan hoping that a player spends the entire season in the seconds.. Evil or Very Mad
Blair is a premiership player at Collingwood and has worn the black and white jumper more than anyone else here.
If he is picked on merit, I hope he plays the entire season in the firsts just to stick it up the Blair haters/scapegoaters.
I don't agree about the emerging game plan being not suited to his strengths. FAR too early to make that call dude. Let’s hope that Blair has a truly fabulous season instead of assigning him to the bloody seconds even before the season has commenced. That's total nonsensical crap.
That is NOT what genuine Collingwood supporters do. Rolling Eyes

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:57 am

A positive: only team thus far to crack 100 points, which is a decent effort for a team that has struggled to kick goals in recent years, particularly without Cloke, Swan, Pendlebury and Beams, noted goalkickers. Hopefully we can learn how to manufacture more goals during the run of play (goals on the run, goals from beyond 45m, etc.). Karnezis, DeGoey, Broomhead should help in this regard, because since Didak, Leon and thomas, we haven;t really discovered too many outside of Elliott.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:28 pm

Lol Laz I certainly agree with your fervour for the stripes and wish young Blair the best but have to truthfully demur on thinking him capable of holding back the tide - or the waves.

I'm reminded of Canute's command to the waves that he stop the incoming tide.

Although our hearts may wish the champions of yesteryear to live on forever in fact as in our hearts, time waits for no man - especially in sport.

Whether we like it or no, established players are going to be pushed aside this year and in the coming years.

It's the way of the world Laz and I'm afraid Blair will certainly be one.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:52 pm

Lazza wrote:
Stupied wrote:

Do you even know what a scapegoat actually is? Because I'm pretty sure I've never tried to make Blair one.

Blair is a battler. Nobody can question his commitment or intensity, or desire to play for the jumper and win games. Fact is though, he is a very limited footballer, and we currently have several far more talented kids who are gunning for his spot in the team. De Goey is most certainly one of them, as is Freeman, both yet to debut.

Now since the general starting position/place in the team for a young mid seems to be forward with minutes through the middle, who do you think is directly in the firing line of these talented kids gunning for a senior berth? It's a pretty simple concept to grasp, and in no way does it make Blair a scapegoat/whipping boy or whatever else you'd like to label it.

The fact is that we have a number 5 draft pick, who from what we've all seen, is a very special talent and already looks comfortable playing senior football. Given the age profile of our list, he is the type of player we need to pump as much experience in to as possible, as quickly as possible. If a player of considerably less talent such as Blair, has to make way for that to happen, so be it. If that means he is relegated to the twos, and even requests a trade at the end of the season, I wouldn't begrudge him. There are plenty of teams that he would fit nicely in to, but I don't see a place for him in our team in the near future.

Call it whatever you like Lazza, but I'm being a realist. Unless Blair can start producing considerably more than he has for the past two years, his days as a senior player at Collingwood are numbered.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:07 pm

Agree to strongly disagree that Blair's days at Collingwood are numbered. Let the young ones EARN their spots playing well in the VFL and command their inclusion, not be merely gifted to them.

I reckon Blair will be terrific for Collingwood this season, in the SENIORS.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:11 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Lol Laz I certainly agree with your fervour for the stripes and wish young Blair the best but have to truthfully demur on thinking him capable of holding back the tide - or the waves.

I'm reminded of Canute's command to the waves that he stop the incoming tide.

Although our hearts may wish the champions of yesteryear to live on forever in fact as in our hearts, time waits for no man - especially in sport.

Whether we like it or no, established players are going to be pushed aside this year and in the coming years.

It's the way of the world Laz and I'm afraid Blair will certainly be one.

With all due respect, I agree to strongly disagree droversdog65. Blair will be sensational this year, just you wait and see mate. Let the young one's earn their stripes just like Blair has done. These young ones have a huge jump to make from being potentially good to being senior players at Collingwood.
A bit sick of this jumping up and down over youngsters that haven't even played one game to date for the 'pies nor farted into their brand new footy shorts. The majority of success will come from those who have already played senior footy at Collingwood. These young guys possibly will shine in at least a year or two.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:42 pm

Lazza wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Stupied wrote:

Do you even know what a scapegoat actually is? Because I'm pretty sure I've never tried to make Blair one.

Blair is a battler. Nobody can question his commitment or intensity, or desire to play for the jumper and win games. Fact is though, he is a very limited footballer, and we currently have several far more talented kids who are gunning for his spot in the team. De Goey is most certainly one of them, as is Freeman, both yet to debut.

Now since the general starting position/place in the team for a young mid seems to be forward with minutes through the middle, who do you think is directly in the firing line of these talented kids gunning for a senior berth? It's a pretty simple concept to grasp, and in no way does it make Blair a scapegoat/whipping boy or whatever else you'd like to label it.

The fact is that we have a number 5 draft pick, who from what we've all seen, is a very special talent and already looks comfortable playing senior football. Given the age profile of our list, he is the type of player we need to pump as much experience in to as possible, as quickly as possible. If a player of considerably less talent such as Blair, has to make way for that to happen, so be it. If that means he is relegated to the twos, and even requests a trade at the end of the season, I wouldn't begrudge him. There are plenty of teams that he would fit nicely in to, but I don't see a place for him in our team in the near future.

Call it whatever you like Lazza, but I'm being a realist. Unless Blair can start producing considerably more than he has for the past two years, his days as a senior player at Collingwood are numbered.

Agree to strongly disagree that Blair's days at Collingwood are numbered. Let the young ones EARN their spots playing well in the VFL and command their inclusion, not be merely gifted to them.

I reckon Blair will be terrific for Collingwood this season, in the SENIORS.

I agree the young ones need to earn their stripes. Conversely, Blair needs to earn his. He has been average at best for the better part of two years now. Every now and then he has a strong game, but that is usually 1 in 5/6 games.

You say don't gift games to the kids, which is fine. At the same time, Blair can't be gifted games either. If none of De Goey/Freeman/Karnezis/Broomhead/Kennedy have managed to push out Blair by the end of the season, then frankly our recruiting hasn't been as good as we all thought.

Also, stop with the random words in caps. Makes you come off like an aggressive twat.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:26 pm

Stupied wrote:
Also, stop with the random words in caps. Makes you come off like an aggressive twat.

If you perceive me to be an aggressive twat, so be it dude. Rolling Eyes It fills your inert need to be abusive I guess. Rolling Eyes

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:45 pm

Laz I hope for Blair's sake he does have a fine year and couldn't agree more strongly about the youngsters earning their spot mate but the reverse is also true.

We know what Blair brings to the table, grit and guts and a burning desire to play for the club.

Believe me mate those things are of tremendous value for me and should be for every supporter but in the end it won't be enough. One or the other will go past him in the end and it may not be too long.

A couple of these so called kids are fairly well along, almost game ready NOW and just as hot to play for the stripes as he is.

At the moment he has the runs on the board and they will need to put some up to be considered but there is some true young talent knocking on that door.

All they will need will be a crack - remember Blair's own debut part way through '10?

Few would have thought - myself included - that here was a premiership hero.

But so it was and it can happen just as quickly to him as it did for him.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Lazza wrote:
I hear what you are saying but I think it sucks when you have a supposedly Collingwood fan hoping that a player spends the entire season in the seconds.. Evil or Very Mad
Blair is a premiership player at Collingwood and has worn the black and white jumper more than anyone else here.
If he is picked on merit, I hope he plays the entire season in the firsts just to stick it up the Blair haters/scapegoaters.
I don't agree about the emerging game plan being not suited to his strengths. FAR too early to make that call dude. Let’s hope that Blair has a truly fabulous season instead of assigning him to the bloody seconds even before the season has commenced. That's total nonsensical crap.
That is NOT what genuine Collingwood supporters do. Rolling Eyes

I think you're missing the point Laz... if Blair spends the season kicking the dew in the VFL it's because another player has demonstrated he offers more, it's actually a backhanded type compliment for the promising kids we've recruited and a natural evolution...

I'm a huge Blair fan and supporter but I agree, we'll be a better team overall if someone surpasses him and relegates him the the VFL. Don't see that as either a negative comment, a slight on Blair, or a bad thing.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:03 pm

You are muddying the waters Daz. Stupied stated “Fingers crossed Blair spends the season in the two’s”. That is a fervent hope that he wishes that one of our favourite Collingwood premiership players does not get a senior game! Bugger that for a joke Daz.
The young guns may have huge potential, earth shattering skills and tremendous futures BUT they haven’t played a single bloody game yet!

If a few of these young ones play senior footy this year, all well and good but surely you cant criticise me for hoping that Blair kicks arse this year and keeps his spot in the seniors instead of wishing that he plays in the bloody seconds all year? Geez, what sort of support for a Collingwood player is that rubbish? Question Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: