Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. NAB Challenge - Pies smash Hawks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Also, stop with the random words in caps. Makes you come off like an aggressive twat.

If you perceive me to be an aggressive twat, so be it dude. Rolling Eyes It fills your inert need to be abusive I guess. Rolling Eyes

If you weren't so aggressive in your postings, and didn't question people's sense of loyalty to the club every time they don't agree with you on something, then I wouldn't feel the need to bite back.

As Jackcass said, I don't want Blair in the twos out of some malicious spite or hatred toward him. I want him there because it will mean that a youngster has surpassed him, and by extension made our team stronger. It's something all supporters should be hoping for, regardless of the player. It's that kind of evolution that eventually leads to premierships.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:07 pm

I can't wait for the day Cloke has to play in the ressies because we've developed a young gun power forward who is better. It's probably 3 years away, but it will happen.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:09 pm

Stupied wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Also, stop with the random words in caps. Makes you come off like an aggressive twat.

If you perceive me to be an aggressive twat, so be it dude. Rolling Eyes It fills your inert need to be abusive I guess. Rolling Eyes

If you weren't so aggressive in your postings, and didn't question people's sense of loyalty to the club every time they don't agree with you on something, then I wouldn't feel the need to bite back.

As Jackcass said, I don't want Blair in the twos out of some malicious spite or hatred toward him. I want him there because it will mean that a youngster has surpassed him, and by extension made our team stronger. It's something all supporters should be hoping for, regardless of the player. It's that kind of evolution that eventually leads to premierships.

Then WHY pick only on Blair dude? Why not mention that fingers crossed, Swannie, Pendles, Cloke, Sidey, Brown, Elliot, Grundy, White, Goldy etc will all play in the two's all season? Question Why only mention bloody Blair? That is a blatant case of scapegoating whether you like being confronted about it or not. So illogical to deny scapegoating when you only pick on Blair and not any of the others I mentioned. Any wonder I don’t suffer fools well..... Rolling Eyes

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:13 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I can't wait for the day Cloke has to play in the ressies because we've developed a young gun power forward who is better. It's probably 3 years away, but it will happen.

In that case, I hope Cloke retires well and truly before the need to play seconds footy. In fact I hope all of the seniors do.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:22 pm

Love your loyalty to premiership heroes Laz and they deserve our loyalty but the time is coming for Swanny - we all hope he has another few seasons left but injuries can drag a player down over time and Swanny is starting to accumulate a few.

Fortunately for him he has a fallback position of being a strong marking medium forward so he isn't in as dire straights as Blair who is already giving 11/10ths every week. He's peaked and a couple of the youngsters are breathing down his neck before they even start. BUT he has the runs on the board and deserves to remain in the 22 until forced out.

Sadly for him I can see it coming fairly quickly, much will depend on the remaining NAB challenge games and injury / form going into the season proper.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:13 pm

Lazza wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Stupied wrote:

Then WHY pick only on Blair dude? Why not mention that fingers crossed, Swannie, Pendles, Cloke, Sidey, Brown, Elliot, Grundy, White, Goldy etc will all play in the two's all season? Question Why only mention bloody Blair? That is a blatant case of scapegoating whether you like being confronted about it or not. So illogical to deny scapegoating when you only pick on Blair and not any of the others I mentioned. Any wonder I don’t suffer fools well..... Rolling Eyes

Wow. Stop using the word scapegoat until you look up its meaning. Please.

I chose Blair because:

1) He is fringe 22 at best. Those are the types of players you want the young kids to surpass to make the team stronger. Having said that, even if a young kid was to surpass a stronger player like Sidey or Swan, it would still be Blair that would be pushed out since he is the weakest player of all the mid/forwards you listed.
2) Most of the high quality kids pushing for spot are competing for the same spot as Blair, as a rotating fwd/mid. I'm talking about De Goey, Freeman, Kennedy, Broomhead and Karnezis. If you include Blair in that bunch, that's 6 players competing for the same position, with Blair arguably being the most limited player of the lot. If he can play well enough to hold his position, more power to him, but ideally the hope would be that at least a few of those kids can push ahead of him in the pecking order by playing better football than he's capable of, and therefore make the team stronger.

If we had a glut of young KPP's I'd be saying the same thing about White as I am about Blair. I could make the same point about players on every line we have, but as I've already pointed out, we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to young mid/forwards, and in my opinion, Blair is the one most likely to be surpassed because of this.

All of this reasoning is perfectly logical. Stand back, try and be dispassionate for a few minutes (I know that's hard for you), and try and look at the bigger picture. If you do, you might realise a player such as Blair being pushed out by a younger, more talented player, can only be a good thing for the club.

In a perfect world, senior players would play out their careers, get old enough, to retire, then be replaced by a young kid waiting in the wings, but we don't live in such a magical place. When a team recruits 9 first round players in 3 years, and 6 of them are mids, there is going to be some collateral damage as those kids find their feet and push for senior spots.

Maybe instead of hoping that a limited player like Blair (or White, or any other senior fringe player for that matter) is able to keep their spot, you should hope that some of our talented youngsters can take the next step and push those players out. That, my friend, is the only truly logical way our team will push their way back up the ladder.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:48 pm

Where's the Blair thread?
Jeez, why don't you guys take it outside..of this thread. Or continue it in private messages.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:23 pm

didick wrote:
Jeez, why don't you guys take it outside..of this thread. Or continue it in private messages.

Perhaps the mods can cut those posts over to the Blair thread.
And rest assured, many many of us on the forum will be on Blair-watch in 2015. He is fooling no one. The end is nigh.

Dyso

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:49 am

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
I hear what you are saying but I think it sucks when you have a supposedly Collingwood fan hoping that a player spends the entire season in the seconds.. Evil or Very Mad
Blair is a premiership player at Collingwood and has worn the black and white jumper more than anyone else here.
If he is picked on merit, I hope he plays the entire season in the firsts just to stick it up the Blair haters/scapegoaters.
I don't agree about the emerging game plan being not suited to his strengths. FAR too early to make that call dude. Let’s hope that Blair has a truly fabulous season instead of assigning him to the bloody seconds even before the season has commenced. That's total nonsensical crap.
That is NOT what genuine Collingwood supporters do. Rolling Eyes

I think you're missing the point Laz... if Blair spends the season kicking the dew in the VFL it's because another player has demonstrated he offers more, it's actually a backhanded type compliment for the promising kids we've recruited and a natural evolution...

I'm a huge Blair fan and supporter but I agree, we'll be a better team overall if someone surpasses him and relegates him the the VFL. Don't see that as either a negative comment, a slight on Blair, or a bad thing.

You are muddying the waters Daz. Stupied stated “Fingers crossed Blair spends the season in the two’s”. That is a fervent hope that he wishes that one of our favourite Collingwood premiership players does not get a senior game! Bugger that for a joke Daz.
The young guns may have huge potential, earth shattering skills and tremendous futures BUT they haven’t played a single bloody game yet!

If a few of these young ones play senior footy this year, all well and good but surely you cant criticise me for hoping that Blair kicks arse this year and keeps his spot in the seniors instead of wishing that he plays in the bloody seconds all year? Geez, what sort of support for a Collingwood player is that rubbish? Question Rolling Eyes

And again, I agree. Ditto Armstrong. Ditto Young. Equally I hope it's not the form of these players that warrants their VFL game time, but rather that they're surpassed by more talented kids.

I think you're taking a simple 2+2 and making it into Einsteins theory of relativity.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:22 am

piedys wrote:
didick wrote:

And rest assured, many many of us on the forum will be on Blair-watch in 2015. He is fooling no one. The end is nigh.

Dyso

we need a sticky.

looking ahead, after blair who is next in line for denigration? we need new content because the same, boring arguments are being trotted out.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:28 am

John Wren wrote:
piedys wrote:
didick wrote:

Dyso

we need a sticky.

looking ahead, after blair who is next in line for denigration? we need new content because the same, boring arguments are being trotted out.

De Goooey Shocked
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:47 pm

John Wren wrote:
piedys wrote:
didick wrote:

Dyso

we need a sticky.

Well i'd suggest the concensus on the forum against the selection of Blair in the starting 22 each week, would be based on what little he brings to the table, compared to others. We know that all AFL lists are obliged to cut perhaps 4 players at the conclusion of each season from their lists.
We can only go by probability on who those players might be, observed from performance and age, and of course duration of contract.
So by the end of 2015 i can only suggest Blair, Young and McCaffer would be under the microscope. Their chances of showing improvement are minimal. I was chockers up Swan in 2014, so i hope he returns the favour in 2015. The rest of the list seems fairly fresh.

But again we digress from thread topic of what a solid performance the club delivered last week, compared to the shit they served up late in 2014.

Dyso

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:38 pm

I'd say Goldy offers far less than Blair, but both won't be in the best 22 come the end of the year and that's a good thing.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:40 pm

piedys wrote:
John Wren wrote:
piedys wrote:
didick wrote:

Dyso

we need a sticky.

Well i'd suggest the concensus on the forum against the selection of Blair in the starting 22 each week, would be based on what little he brings to the table, compared to others. We know that all AFL lists are obliged to cut perhaps 4 players at the conclusion of each season from their lists.
We can only go by probability on who those players might be, observed from performance and age, and of course duration of contract.
So by the end of 2015 i can only suggest Blair, Young and McCaffer would be under the microscope. Their chances of showing improvement are minimal. I was chockers up Swan in 2014, so i hope he returns the favour in 2015. The rest of the list seems fairly fresh.

But again we digress from thread topic of what a solid performance the club delivered last week, compared to the shit they served up late in 2014.

Dyso

That's it although I actually love what the wee man brings each week, always 110%. But I don't think it's enough to justify him getting a game ahead of a Didak, or a Krakouer, or a Medhurst. Pressure is on the kids to produce at that very high level in order to surpass Blair. If that happens, we'll be a better team.

And realistically, Blair will get games. Just as Young and Armstrong will. They're seasoned senior players and they'll need to provide coverage for developing kids although a few like BK, Broomy, Karnezis and Crisp have a few preseasons under the belt now.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:37 am

Couldn't agree more on getting back on track.

Loved our passion and commitment and was very pleasantly surprised by Crisp who certainly brings a bit to the table.

Can't wait to see Manteit and Goodyear strut their stuff, hopefully against the scum in our next outing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: