Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 4 ANZAC Day

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:36 pm
Post subject: Round 4 ANZAC DayReply with quote

Good article by Mick Ellis on the SEN website today on the possible outcomes of the Essendon case. Speculates on an appropriate penalty which won't trigger an appeal from either side. Seems 3 games is the magic number which would mean they're all back for ANZAC day vs the Pies. The last thing everyone wants is an appeal from WADA or Essendon, especially the AFL. Could be on the money.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Post subject: Re: Round 4 ANZAC DayReply with quote

Damien wrote:
Good article by Mick Ellis on the SEN website today on the possible outcomes of the Essendon case. Speculates on an appropriate penalty which won't trigger an appeal from either side. Seems 3 games is the magic number which would mean they're all back for ANZAC day vs the Pies. The last thing everyone wants is an appeal from WADA or Essendon, especially the AFL. Could be on the money.

That is no surprise the AFL make sure they let the Drug Cheats back for Anzac Day.

What a Weak Punishment for the Drug Cheats

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to miss my first ANZAC day game this year, will be trudging through the Owen Stanley Ranges in Papua New Guinea.
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:07 pm

Pa Marmo wrote:
Going to miss my first ANZAC day game this year, will be trudging through the Owen Stanley Ranges in Papua New Guinea.

Pretty sure it will be the first Anzac Day game that Eddie has missed also as apparently he will be over in Gallipoli at the dawn service for the 100th year commendation on April 25 and not at the MCG (waits for the Hiss opinion on this)

Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:31 pm

We need Pendles or Swanny to win the ANZAC medal so they are equal with Hird. It'll shut up the Essington sympathisers in my circle. I'd love swanny to do it again this year, as Pendles will end up with four or five anyway.

Go the Pies!

As for the Dons and this peptide rubbish, just get it sorted for goodness sake. Did the players knowingly cheat? No. Did they take a banned substance? Maybe. FMD

Go the Pies!
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:15 pm

Sounds about right for the contrived AFL. Three games for deliberate systemic doping and four games for a forearm to the head in the heat of battle.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:18 pm

perthmagpie wrote:
Sounds about right for the contrived AFL. Three games for deliberate systemic doping and four games for a forearm to the head in the heat of battle.

Laughing Embarassed
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:58 pm

when do tickets go on sale for Anzac Day?
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:02 pm

3 weeks for taking PEDs, 8 weeks for placing a $10 bet.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:07 am

I'd be happy for them to return a large number of players to the senior team for ANZAC day. No way known they could get match fitness into the players who get suspended.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:40 pm

jackcass wrote:
I'd be happy for them to return a large number of players to the senior team for ANZAC day. No way known they could get match fitness into the players who get suspended.

I would be too but I'd rather see justice done and have them miss most of the season.

The other posts in this thread highlight the inequality. A little bet on a game or a whack behind play are minor misdemeanours compared to drug cheating yet they get bigger penalties than what these guilty players will probably end up with.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:21 pm
Post subject: Re: Round 4 ANZAC DayReply with quote

Damien wrote:

Bullshit penalty, they should all get six weeks min, and Hird gets the royal boot outa windy hill, along with his henchmen. Confused Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:01 am

the afl would lose a fortune if the anzac day clash was affected in anyway by the outcome of the drugs hearing so I'm sure they'd be more than happy with a 3 week penalty to the drug cheats. those bastards deserve to rot at the bottom with 0 points for the entire season. I wonder how many of their filthy supporters 'stand by turd' now.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:30 am

WarrenerraW wrote:
the afl would lose a fortune if the anzac day clash was affected in anyway by the outcome of the drugs hearing so I'm sure they'd be more than happy with a 3 week penalty to the drug cheats. those bastards deserve to rot at the bottom with 0 points for the entire season. I wonder how many of their filthy supporters 'stand by turd' now.

That seems such a piss weak punishment for drug abuse so the rumour is probably right. Rolling Eyes

I would have given then at least 12 weeks. However this type of proper justice will never happen in the AFL unless the recepient was Collingwood.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:53 am

I strongly believe the players should miss the whole year. I don't buy all this being duped crap. Every cyclist caught doping said the same thing, employed lawyers and went into denial. The charges relate to Thymosin Beta 4 but there was other stuff they took as part of an organised doping program such as hexarelin but I suggest the chain of evidence is perhaps not as strong for the other banned substances. If the AFL does another dodgy deal of backdating penalties and contrives a penalty of a few weeks then they will only damage the interest in the game further. People including myself hate cheating and are watching to see if the AFL are only interested in TV revenue and corporate sponsors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: