Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Fasolo Goldsack and Blair, this MUST be their year.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:12 pm
Post subject: Fasolo Goldsack and Blair, this MUST be their year.Reply with quote

They are players that have served faithfully and well, deserving of the spots up until now but is the writing on the wall?

I've already mentioned my belief that Blair is up against it, Fasolo has yet to cement a spot - albiet with a run of injuries to consider - and Goldy is simply a great defensive forward without huge hurt factor going the other way.

It's not that I dislike any of these boys but we have recruited a lot of young talent over the last few years and with some of them coming onstream (FINALLY) something has to give and these boys seem to have vulnerabilities - percieved or otherwise that could open the door for young replacements with more rounded games.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Can also add Sinclair, Karnezis, Gault and Thomas to that list.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:16 pm

We have a wealth of young talent that seems to be maturing well, if that continues spots are up for grabs - which is a friggin wonderful position for the club to be in - for a change.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:32 pm

We have depth
Depth puts players positions under the hammer.

Can pick a lot of players who now have pressure to perform

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:27 pm

Neil a case can be made for any apart from Penders, Swan, Reid and Cloke to be under the hammer but from my perspective the three I have named have for one reason or another wound up in a percieved position of vulnerability with young talent seemingly coming through - IMHO.

We have drafted wonderfully over the last three seasons with only an incredible injury run and a largish turnover of coaching and support staff pushing us down the ladder - again IMHO.

Grundy and Witts have already made impressions, now it's firstly Freeman and then Schazza to open up with the inevitable surprise packet or two to come through this year.

We have speed, improved disposal effeciency, and in some cases remarkable poise in these young men who will place pressure on encumbents.

Much needed pressure and I will watch with interest the fortunes of the three I have mentioned - Blair especially along with the rest of course.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:04 pm

I think we know what we'll get from all 3 players (not a lot more) with Fasolo possibly having the most scope for improvement. One player I have in my sights and some will think I'm being harsh is Seedsman. Injuries or otherwise I think his appearances last year were mostly underwhelming, he is capable of so much more.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:11 pm

Frankie of the three Blair appears to have topped out and although Goldy is somewhat versatile he lacks the hurt factor Bucks seems to be looking for.

Fas is a conundrum, he is capable of plenty but injuries have held him back. He simply can't afford anymore biggies, to be sure it wouldn't be his fault but the stark fact is no side can afford to carry an often injured player for long.

As for the seed he seems a little like fas, both need injury free runs to impress.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:23 pm

Fasolo could quickly be upstaged by De Goey, Karnezis and Kennedy this season if he doesn't watch out.

HF:De Goey or Fasolo, Reid or White or Keeffe, Karnezis or Goldsack

F: Elliott/Swan (mid rotation), Cloke, Kennedy/Sidebottom (mid rotation)

surfer1 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Let's look at it this way, healthy list healthy challenge for spots across the board, in my humble opinion silly to pick out 3 players . Let's revisit in about June
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:11 pm

Just as silly to pick out one or none, this is a board that engages is speculation and supposition.

It makes for discussion and imagineering which is the lifeblood of all forums.

See you in June.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:23 pm

Goldsack in those 3, I don't think so.

I don't know what hallucinogenic drugs people take when they cast nasturtiums on Goldsack. I see him as a very good & a seriously important player in our lineup. I reckon they should put him in our leadership group.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:56 pm

I think most of us are very happy with the kids we've added over the last few years.

Problem that comes with having so many high quality kids is you need to give them every opportunity to develop. So when faced with the choice of delisting a highly promising kid or a guy who's been at the club for half a dozen years and not established himself, which way do you go?

I'm aware that with such a young list we need to maintain some senior players, but how many, for how long, and which ones?

This season should provide some clarity.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:58 pm

Everyone has their own viewpoint Tully, although I never needed any magic mushrooms to support mine Wink

My current viewpoint on the team is based on the head coach's statement that we need to score more and that single dimensional players have no future in the lineup.

Goldy is a great player with some versatility but he is one dimensional.

As is Blair.

The simple fact is Bucks is apparently seeking to rebalance the side for a more attacking stance because we simply are not scoring enough.

Something has to give, Blair doesn't score enough nor does Goldy and Fas has been trialled down back.

I'm not espousing the demise of any or all, simply noting that under the head coach's publicly voiced philosophy their positions would be certainly under consideration.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:04 pm

Yes Jack interesting times ahead, and it is the way of the game that from time to time old favourites make way for the new wave.

Every team selection is an excercise in dynamic balance and the more flexible and accomplished a player is the greater power he gives the selection committee to achieve said balance.

We undeniably have some limited players, they WILL be replaced by more dynamic and talented players the only question is when.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:37 pm

Just watched last years Pies vs Dogs
game on Foxtel.
Blairs game was crap as per usual.
But he was better than Jessie!
Blairs total of 12 goals for the year was
one of the reasons we failed to make the 8.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: