Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2015 NFL thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:36 am
Post subject: The 2015 NFL threadReply with quote

The NFL has released the list of each team's opponents and which games they will play home and away, although the schedule is not yet available.

Here's a link: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/156577/opponents-for-the-2015-nfl-season

I'm not in the business of assessing the strength of each team's draw but the Pats would be looking to go 14:2 - they have probably only 6 competitive games, based on the 2014 form of the teams they are drawn to play. 12:4 for them in 2015 is probably an indication of decline.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Parramatta's Jarryd Hayne choses the 49ers to try and make it in the NFL. Chances?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Interesting call. I don't know enough about the 49ers' RB stocks to know whether he is a chance to make it. It's hard to see how would get a game ahead of Lynch (who is only slightly older than him) at the Seahawks, so that makes sense but I would have thought Stafford's qualities (and continuing improvement) at the Lions presented some possibilities for a running back who might never be capable of being the "main man". Perhaps OEP has a view (if he's recovered from the coaching change news)?
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:37 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Interesting call. I don't know enough about the 49ers' RB stocks to know whether he is a chance to make it. It's hard to see how would get a game ahead of Lynch (who is only slightly older than him) at the Seahawks, so that makes sense but I would have thought Stafford's qualities (and continuing improvement) at the Lions presented some possibilities for a running back who might never be capable of being the "main man". Perhaps OEP has a view (if he's recovered from the coaching change news)?

If you can recover from being run over by a big $£$%^%%$ train, then yes I've recovered from it...oh who am I kidding I'm still busted up.

Anyway on Hayne he's not going to be on the RB's list for the 49ers, I fully expect Gore to walk (FFS) and the 49ers to draft a RB in either the 4th or 5th round to bolster their ranks while picking up a low cost veteran RB in FA. Hayne's best chance of making the roster for next year, and it's a thin at best chance, is as a Kick Returner, though even that a big leap. Most likely he will be retained on the practice squad for futher development. As for his chance of making as a KR he still has to learn the schemes, how and where to hold the ball, how to move fluently with pads on, how to deal with a reduced peripheral vision due to the helmet, and how to run at players in the NFL because unlike to NRL don't tackle below the waist they hit below the waist so he'll have to run lower.

All-in-all it's a good decision by both the 49ers and Hayne but Hayne has a looooong way to go even with his physical gifts because, as we all know, playing in the NFL is a very scheme orientated and playing in pads is something he will have to learn to do.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Yeah KR at best but good luck to him. Gutsy and admirable to sacrifice a comfortable career for such a low percentage gamble.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:56 pm

Brandon Marshall traded to Jets for 5th Rounder
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:11 pm

So, the Jets now have a good wide receiver. Now, all they need is someone to throw it to him....
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:33 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
So, the Jets now have a good wide receiver. Now, all they need is someone to throw it to him....

They need to draft one in this years Draft. Winson or Marroita could be no worse then what they got

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:37 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Boom, drop the mic this one's over.

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:38 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

They need to draft one in this years Draft. Winson or Marroita could be no worse then what they got

Either Winston or Mariota would be a significant upgrade at QB even allowing for first year teething problems.

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:45 pm

Oh FFS that's it I'm uninstalling my 49ers website for at least the next 24 hours. Can only take so much.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:58 am

OEP wrote:
Oh FFS that's it I'm uninstalling my 49ers website for at least the next 24 hours. Can only take so much.

It seems like a massive disintegration of a powerhouse team. Unbelievable! Would it be similar in some ways to the Pies losing the experience we have lost in the last three or so seasons, but in the space of only a few months?

How long of supporting a team is allowed before it's too long to swap to another? 😊

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:54 am

Massive Trade

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12456228/sam-bradford-st-louis-rams-traded-philadelphia-eagles-nick-foles

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:03 pm

Jimmy Graham Traded to Seahawks

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12456100/new-orleans-saints-agree-trade-tight-end-jimmy-graham-seattle-seahawks

Revis back to Jets

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/12457792/new-york-jets-bringing-back-darrelle-revis-new-england-patriots-release

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:07 am

Graham to the Seahawks is big, as is Andre Johnson to the Colts. Suh to the Dolphins is great news for Green Bay (he won't get 2 chances a year to break A-Rod's legs in the NFC North anymore).

But, for me, the big news is that the Pack have re-signed Cobb and Bulaga - both critical pieces of the puzzle. Also, in less positive news, that Tramon Williams might leave - especially given that the backup (Davon House) has already fled. Still, in Hine we trust (or something).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15   

Jump to: