Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Asians taking over Australia

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:54 pm
Post subject: Asians taking over AustraliaReply with quote

Well I am seeing them more in Manager roles now. Like went to the Post Office and there is Asian Women who is Manger and she has her Boyfriend/Husband and here Parents working there.

Also you see them getting very high scores in there VCE’s and so they are getting into better courses and getting better jobs.

I think this is because is the Difference in how they bring up there Kids.

Us Aussies seem to let there Kids be Kids when they are young and Asian Parents get there Kids into a learning class ASAP after they are born so they can start learning ASAP. Also Asian’s take Education a Ton more Serious then Aussies and that is why in what we are seeing.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that 8% of the population—and that presumably includes people from Chinese, Japanese, Korean and South-East Asian backgrounds, as well as people who you may not automatically think of as Asian, such as people of Indian and Middle Eastern descent—quite constitutes "taking over the country".

There may well be cultural reasons for why, say, Chinese students tend to do well at school and get promoted quickly. But what's your point? Do you think this is a bad thing? Surely we need all the skill and talent we can get here, whatever the ethnic or cultural background of the person in question. We live in a multicultural society, and those of us who are bothered by people of different ethnicities running the post office will just have to get used to it.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:03 pm

David wrote:
I'm not sure that 8% of the population (and that presumably includes people both from Chinese, Japanese, Korean and South-East Asian backgrounds as well as people who you may not automatically think of as Asian, such as people of Indian and Middle Eastern descent) quite constitutes "taking over the country".

There may well be cultural reasons for why, say, Chinese students tend to do well at school and get promoted quickly. But what's your point? Do you think this is a bad thing? Surely we need all the skill and talent we can get here, whatever the ethnic or cultural background of the person in question. We live in a multicultural society, and those of us who are bothered by people of different ethnicities running the post office will just have to get used to it.

I am not saying it’s Good or Bad.

Just something that I have Noticed.

It more then the Post Office and I say in the Next 50 years there is a Chance we could have 1 as a PM

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:08 pm

50? We could have one in 18 months if Bill Shorten does the right thing and resigns in favour of a full-time job as a washing machine. Penny Wong would have to be one of the lead candidates to take his place, should she get preselection for a seat in the lower house.

Hey, I can dream, can't I? Smile

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:11 pm

David wrote:
50? We could have one in 18 months if Bill Shorten does the right thing and resigns in favour of a full-time job as a washing machine. Penny Wong would have to be one of the lead candidates to take his place, should she get preselection for a seat in the lower house.

Hey, I can dream, can't I? Smile

I think Shorten is doing a good job and Changing Leader would not help as it looked the same as what happened with Rudd and Gillard

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:33 pm

That woman in the post office is as Australian as you are, Dave. So are her kids. And if she is bringing them up decently, teaching them to read and giving them an education, then she is a better parent than most of the slack barstards named Thompson or Schmidt or Baker or O'Rilley or Georgiou or Russo or Williams spewing out spoiled, ill-educated louts faster than you can say "Government Baby Bonus". Good on her.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:18 pm

Tannin wrote:
That woman in the post office is as Australian as you are, Dave. So are her kids. And if she is bringing them up decently, teaching them to read and giving them an education, then she is a better parent than most of the slack barstards named Thompson or Schmidt or Baker or O'Rilley or Georgiou or Russo or Williams spewing out spoiled, ill-educated louts faster than you can say "Government Baby Bonus". Good on her.

Well - You think the Aussie way of Raising Kid is Massively Wrong? I am talking about most Asian Parents and I seen kids on the Frankston train going to I guess Study Session’s in the City and they also do after school stuff.

Not all Parents are Lazy like the Some People make them out to be.

There is no Baby Bounus anymore anyway

I think they can put too much pressure on there kids and I have read a few stories that Teenagers have committed Sucide because they did not get Good Grades or not get into a Good High School or Uni.

Some Kids can Handle extra work but not ever kid can

Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:42 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Well - You think the Aussie way of Raising Kid is Massively Wrong? I am talking about most Asian Parents and I seen kids on the Frankston train going to I guess Study Session’s in the City and they also do after school stuff.

If you come from a poor background and want to have some sort of quality lifestyle, hard work and perseverance is the usual way to achieve those goals. Indeed, many use it as a motivation.

Not all Parents are Lazy like the Some People make them out to be.

True. Toughest gig in the world being a parent.

There is no Baby Bounus anymore anyway

True again, but the stench of entitlement remains.

I think they can put too much pressure on there kids and I have read a few stories that Teenagers have committed Sucide because they did not get Good Grades or not get into a Good High School or Uni.

Some Kids can Handle extra work but not ever kid can

I knew of kids topping themselves in the 1970s for the same reason. Some folks will always respond to pressure better than others.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:29 pm

You'll have to make some new Asian mates, Dave. Remember, there's a whole range of Asian folk out there, from stereotypical hard-working first-generation immigrants, to boring old middle-class families, to artsy inner-city types like David, to complete bogans!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:44 pm

pietillidie wrote:
You'll have to make some new Asian mates, Dave. Remember, there's a whole range of Asian folk out there, from stereotypical hard-working first-generation immigrants, to boring old middle-class families, to artsy inner-city types like David, to complete bogans!

I have no problems with Asain’s and they can be nice people.

I agree that not everyone is the same - Be a boring world then

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:47 pm

pietillidie wrote:

David is Asian? And here was me thinking he was a Space Alien.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:51 pm

Tannin wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

I am not Asian and I know the other David is not

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Oh there.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:01 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Tannin wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

I am not Asian and I know the other David is not

Tannin was just making a language joke, Dave Wink

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:11 pm

No, not you DTM, the other David. Well known fact: his mother as a Space Alien.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: