Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. NAB Challenge - Pies v. Hawks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Hawks are dumb shits playing Roughead in a meaningless Nab cup, what if he did his knee and missed twelve weeks, and it has happened before in these pre season games. I recall one year, Lockett missed the whole season because he did his knee in one of these pointless games.

Every team still needs to ensure players get some level of match fitness. Same could be said of us for playing Cloke and Pendles in the intraclub game but ultimately it's just a necessary evil.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:20 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Very Surprised to see Maynard Miss Out Crying or Very sad

Why?

He obviously hasn't made as much of an impact as the likes of De Goey and Goodyear on the coaches as yet.

No big deal plenty of time so relax DTM.

I'm actually more surprised manboobs hasn't gotten a gig given all the positive reports we've had on him over summer.

Once again though he's a first year rookie player so there is no rush.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:57 pm

jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Hawks are dumb shits playing Roughead in a meaningless Nab cup, what if he did his knee and missed twelve weeks, and it has happened before in these pre season games. I recall one year, Lockett missed the whole season because he did his knee in one of these pointless games.

Every team still needs to ensure players get some level of match fitness. Same could be said of us for playing Cloke and Pendles in the intraclub game but ultimately it's just a necessary evil.

getting minutes into the legs i guess. who know and who really cares what their preseason program is.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:36 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Why?

He obviously hasn't made as much of an impact as the likes of De Goey and Goodyear on the coaches as yet.

Should that be a Worry then?

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:39 pm

The best thing about this squad is the players who are able to play at the end of Feb as compared to last year. If my memory serves me correctly the following players were not available to play but are now:

Sinclair
Karnezis
Goldsack
Toovey
Broomhead ( broke his wrist Geelong NAB Cup game)
Freeman (tore hammy Geelong)
Thomas
Blair
Oxley (smashed ankle in intra)
Gault
Williams

Plus we get to see Varcoe, Crisp, De Goey and Goodyear. At this point it's a helluva lot more promising.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:44 pm

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

getting minutes into the legs i guess. who know and who really cares what their preseason program is.

Some specualtion from Hawks fans over on BF that Roughy, Mitchell and McEvoy may be the 3 to miss when they cut their squad to 26 but you're right JW, makes absolutely no difference to us how they manage their players, just though it was an interesting observation to have been made.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:47 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Why?

Should that be a Worry then?

Nup, just the way it is. When you can only play 26 of the 45 on our list, 19 have to miss out.
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:11 pm

Magpies banned from Tassie!

Cheeky bloody Hawks

https://twitter.com/HawthornFC/status/570428943435636736/photo/1

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:25 pm

jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Some specualtion from Hawks fans over on BF that Roughy, Mitchell and McEvoy may be the 3 to miss when they cut their squad to 26 but you're right JW, makes absolutely no difference to us how they manage their players, just though it was an interesting observation to have been made.

it was more an indirect response to chess boy's post. after thursday we don't get another game until we head up your way on the 15th march. will be interesting to see how the group is managed over that time.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:50 pm

John Wren wrote:
it was more an indirect response to chess boy's post. after thursday we don't get another game until we head up your way on the 15th march. will be interesting to see how the group is managed over that time.

Yep, even the VFL practice matches don't offer much help, the first scheduled for 14 March.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:48 pm

winpies wrote:

Cheeky bloody Hawks

Well screw Launceston bring the Pies to Hobart, we'll always welcome Collingwood. Wink

I ran into some arrogant Hawk fans yesterday, I've no idea what they were doing in Brighton maybe they cannot read a map. Anyway, they proceeded to tell me of their hate for Buckley this and that.

Also they're apparently going to thrash Collingwood, as I left all I had to say was "That's nice, enjoy the NAB Who Cares Challenge."

So I'd hope we can banish these Hawks from Tasmania. Wink

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:55 pm

The arrogance is alive and well with those flogs.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:02 pm

These ones have already declared themselves premiers as well, interesting bunch I hope not to run into them again haha.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:21 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Why?

I'm actually more surprised manboobs hasn't gotten a gig given all the positive reports we've had on him over summer.

Once again though he's a first year rookie player so there is no rush.

Not surprising Dave. He's had a bit of an interrupted pre season. Ran laps only for a couple of weeks. He's underdone. The surprise for me was Manteit not being selected. Not because he has trained the house down all summer and not because he has one of the best tanks at the club, but because last Thursday night he played well. I think Matty agreed that he looked the goods. He took a fine mark over Abbott early in the match and ran his legs off.

There may be other reasons for not playing him, such as sport science planning and individual targeting, but I reckon he's gonna be a beauty. In the clinches last week I thought he was more composed than Nathan Freeman to be honest.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:41 pm

The Prototype wrote:
winpies wrote:

Cheeky bloody Hawks

Well screw Launceston bring the Pies to Hobart, we'll always welcome Collingwood. Wink

I ran into some arrogant Hawk fans yesterday, I've no idea what they were doing in Brighton maybe they cannot read a map. Anyway, they proceeded to tell me of their hate for Buckley this and that.

Also they're apparently going to thrash Collingwood, as I left all I had to say was "That's nice, enjoy the NAB Who Cares Challenge."

So I'd hope we can banish these Hawks from Tasmania. Wink

IF they played in Hobart. I might of gone to the game.

I also hate the Arrogant Tossers that are the Dawk fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: