Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. NAB Challenge - Pies v. Hawks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care if it's nab challenge or whatever, I'm sick of losing to these @&$!S and surely a win would do wonders for our confidence. Failing the win I just hope we're competitive and the youngsters give a good show!
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:56 pm

We'll kill them. Total annihilation of these arseholes is the only possible outcome. (Hey it's the first semi-competitive hit out of the year, I'm allowed to be unrealistically bullish at least once right?)
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:32 pm

NAB Challenge or whatever, I am just glad to have the footy back. Eager to see how freeman goes after such an impressive preseason.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:12 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
Dave, Moore is no chance to play. In fact, if Moore plays next week we should demand the match committee resign en masse. Moore is not fit. He'll be ready to play VFL in a week or two from what I've seen at training. Reid, Young, Marsh, Macaffer and Seedsman are not ready either.

The rest of the list could play. They may elect to rest Pendles, Swan and Greenwood but we have a pretty healthy list to choose from. From what I saw last night, I'd play Pendlebury.

Jackcass is right I think; it's all just opinion. I have no inside knowledge, nor an analytical mindset. I go to training and report what I see. After watching training pretty closely, I reckon Manteit is gonna be a beauty - I've said it all summer, but he could just be a preseason wonder. I've been wrong plenty of times. I trumpeted Mark Orval, Kent Butcher, Luke Godden and Stephen Cliffoird to name but a few. I was also a big wrap on Russell Johnston Very Happy

Based on what I've seen and what the Club has told us, this is my shot for next week.

B. Sinclair Brown Toovey
HB. Williams Frost Varcoe
C. Sidey Adams Pendles
HF. Elliott Cloke Broomhead
F. Goldy Keeffe Karnezis
R. Grundy Kennedy Freeman
INT: Fasolo Blair Thomas DeGoey Freeman Crisp White Ramsay Manteit

Unavailable: Swan, Reid, Moore, Greenwood, Marsh, Maynard, Young, Sharenberg, Seedsman

Was that 1 other time...

Brown's last minute ommision from the intraclub might mean he's not quite ready.

Expect Swan and Greenwood to come under consideration but could well be "managed" through these early NAB games.

Be also keen to see where Witts and Marsh are at. Both were impressive during the VFL training pre intraclub.

Other than that, agree with your squad.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:34 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
You were spot on about Stephen 'Bomber' Clifford Neil. He went on to become one of Port Adelaide's greatest players. My understanding is that his only problem at Collingwood was that there was an 'in' group at the time and he was frozen out. I was very disappointed when he left to return to the Port Magpies.

But I digress. Your selections look pretty good. But I think White will be given a run as well. He looked in terrific physical shape on Thursday night, and he could be a big improver for us this year.

Totally agree about Stephen Clifford. I also think that had Russell Johnston remained at Collingwood, he would have been a legend. He was an absolute bloody gun. It was Collingwood's own fault for many years having this non sensical "in" group which totally went against the "team" concept. The Coach and Administrators were to blame. Evil or Very Mad

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:47 pm

IIRC hawks in their more successful years have gone poorly in pre season games.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:55 pm

^Not last year.

Doh!

mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:06 pm

Need to see as much as we can of Greenwood, Crisp and Varcoe in these CRAB Cup matches.

Questions that need answering:
- What are our other tall forward options like? (White, Gault, ..Keeffe?)
- Are our next breed of up and coming mids capable? (Thomas, Broomhead, Kennedy)
- Can Freeman and De Goey impact in their first season of games?

----------
------------
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:27 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
I don't care if it's nab challenge or whatever, I'm sick of losing to these @&$!S and surely a win would do wonders for our confidence. Failing the win I just hope we're competitive and the youngsters give a good show!

practice match or not we need to be competitive and show that there is some semblance of improvement on last year. i'll be looking closely at our ball movement particularly in the clinches.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:45 pm

Not really overly bothered by what the result is as long as we don't get smashed this Thursday night.

My main priorities for this game is to see how the kids perform and whether any of them could potentially challenge for the senior side in round 1, to see our new recruits on the track and to also have unfit players receive important match fitness.

Looking forward to getting a dose of footy this week but as long we have no injuries and we play competitive football in the right spirit then I'll be satisfied.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:18 am

we probably don't have a dogs hope in hell, but then again, I could be wrong, the horrible Hawks may still have a flag hangover. My only interest is in our kids, and that's it.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:42 am

Strikes me as a good chance to try out a few options for the future.

Gault as a key forward. Or, if preferred, Galt as third tall.

Brand new midfield built around Pendlebury, Greenwood, Adams and Sidey as the core, with Swanny taking cameo rotations.

Frost, Brown and Keeffe all three in the backline. can it work? Is Brown ready to return? (Or are they really going to try turning Keefe into a forward?)

Grundy to ruck all day. Can he do that yet? Let's find out. Gault can be the relief ruckman. (Witts is probably a week or two away after injury. But in any case, there are bigger question marks over Grundy. Let's give the lad a crack at the responsibility of rucking out a whole game, see how he goes.)

Try the combination of Varcoe and Elliott as the small half-forwards. (Would love Broomhead in there too, but I think he's NQR.)

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:17 am

Gault will run Frawley ragged and will be too tall for him!

www.facebook/the hybernators
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:52 am

Swan, Greenwood, Pendles and Varcoe won't be risked in all three NAB matches, so will be interested to see who they pick for Thursday night.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:04 pm

I hate this NAB bull shit competition.

Just no injuries that's all I care about, I don't GAF about the result!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: