Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 1 team?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd degree wrote:
Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
roar wrote:
John Wren wrote:
i don't get how so many think sinclair is not a lock for round 1. i'll go he if he is not named for round 1, notwithstanding injury.

He probably is a lock. As is Blair, but I posted the line up I want to see.

yeah, i think many posters are putting up teams they'd like to see rather than what is likely to occur.

as i've said previously, i think the team should be an online member vote. and, at the end of the season we get to vote players off the island.

Bloody hell JW, a few like Armstrong, Young and Blair will be voted off well before the end of the season!

Yeah Rude Boy is a massive Clinton Young Fan!

Massive!!!! Twisted Evil
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:47 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I know I'll get critized for starting Sidey on the pine but my thought is get the heat out of the game early and get him in to use his skills when the game slows a bit. He showed 2012/13 he has very good skills 2014 he played more on ball and more game time and his disposal dropped off and his impact dropped off dramatically. He is a gun outside player who needs that little extra time to be at his best.

I'm surprised you didn't have Sidebottom as an emergency after his disasterous NAB1 outing against Hawthorn. After all you watched it 15 times to count every bloody fumble and misstep he made.

I'd say his 2014 form was reasonable actually. He averaged 27 possessions a game, had more kicks than anyone and had way less clangers for the year than Beams and even Pendlebury did. The fact he was runner up in the Copeland suggests others didn't think his impact "dropped off dramatically". In fact I'd say our entire sides form dropped off dramatically when he was suspended.

As for waiting for the heat of the game to drop off I'd say if you had a look at Sidey's output in the ultimate "hot" games ie finals then you'll see he excels when the going gets hottest certainly when compared with, ohh lets say for example Dayne "3 possession prelim" Beams. Wink
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:50 pm

Sidebottom has been our second best player since Swanny had troubles with injury. He remains our second best player.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:11 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Sidebottom has been our second best player since Swanny had troubles with injury. He remains our second best player.

By some distance as well since Trav's form has dropped off and Beams departed.

His fantastic workrate, unmatched ability to cover ground to help in defense and to push forward to provide an important link role is invaluable to us and overcomes the shortcomings in his game (and let's be frank virtually every player has some shortcomings).

That guy from Queensland seems to have a definite prejudice against Sidey whether because unlike his boy Beams he remains a Pie and has a good big game record, I couldn't tell you. But his constant sniping at his game which he attempts to mask with occasional faint qualified praise is as obvious as it's unwarranted.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:35 pm

I'm a huge Oxley fan and it gladdens my heart that quite a few posters have him in their team considerations. Sadly, don't think this is the game for him. Think the Brions will load up their F50 with a fleet of super quick smalls. Langdon and Tooves give extra med-tall coverage while still able to man a small. Williams, Sinclair and Ramsay all in the mix.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:56 pm

Flashman wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
I know I'll get critized for starting Sidey on the pine but my thought is get the heat out of the game early and get him in to use his skills when the game slows a bit. He showed 2012/13 he has very good skills 2014 he played more on ball and more game time and his disposal dropped off and his impact dropped off dramatically. He is a gun outside player who needs that little extra time to be at his best.

I'm surprised you didn't have Sidebottom as an emergency after his disasterous NAB1 outing against Hawthorn. After all you watched it 15 times to count every bloody fumble and misstep he made.

I'd say his 2014 form was reasonable actually. He averaged 27 possessions a game, had more kicks than anyone and had way less clangers for the year than Beams and even Pendlebury did. The fact he was runner up in the Copeland suggests others didn't think his impact "dropped off dramatically". In fact I'd say our entire sides form dropped off dramatically when he was suspended.

As for waiting for the heat of the game to drop off I'd say if you had a look at Sidey's output in the ultimate "hot" games ie finals then you'll see he excels when the going gets hottest certainly when compared with, ohh lets say for example Dayne "3 possession prelim" Beams. Wink

Fair call on finals flashman and 27 touches seems great until you look further. Pendles and Beams work inside giving it out to Sidey so the chance of them have less possessions is easy to understand. That's the game not everyone can win the ball some one has to get it and use it.
My point is 27 touches with an efficiency of 57% isn't great when you want to call him an elite player.
In his previous 2 seasons he was mid to high 60's so his efficiency was down which I believe is to do with him playing on the ball more instead of being an outside player used to set play up.
Pendles went at 62% and Beams at 63% in a side going at 54% over the season there stats stack up.
As for Copeland voting sure he run second congrats but take the top 3 out of our side and how many games would we win.
Sidey & Beams play totally different roles so I wasn't comparing them in any way.
All I was putting forward was my opinion that's all. I just expect more from a player classed so highly here.
I've been far more critical on other players including Swanny and Cloke than I have ever been on Sidey.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:16 pm

Double.

Last edited by Flashman on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:16 pm

Maybe start posting that way instead of singling out the one guy (one of the few who has maintained and indeed improved of his game in the last few years) all the time.

But again you're basically saying Sidebottom's excellent returns last year were all down to the inside work of Pendlebury and Beams again and Steele was little better than a receiver for their efforts which is absolute bullshit.

Steele works harder both ways than any player in our side (including Pendlebury) and earns his own ball as well as gut running to positions that very, very few others would or can do to provide that important linking role.

I don't know if he is AFL "elite" as there are a lot of excellent footballers going around but as far as Collingwood players go he is definitely elite and his remarkably consistent stats for the last 5 seasons bear this out.

You need to cut him some slack.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:18 pm

That is a lot. I started without you.
roar 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:53 pm

jackcass wrote:
I'm a huge Oxley fan and it gladdens my heart that quite a few posters have him in their team considerations. Sadly, don't think this is the game for him. Think the Brions will load up their F50 with a fleet of super quick smalls. Langdon and Tooves give extra med-tall coverage while still able to man a small. Williams, Sinclair and Ramsay all in the mix.

Good point.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:11 pm

roar wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Good point.

Alternatively he could be competing with Karnezis for a spot in the F50 but he hasn't spent too much time forward.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:54 pm

OK JA u off my ignore list

Karnesis and Oxley in our forward line - I'm sure that that has Leppa shaking in his boots.

All this talk of a Round 1 side is pointless.
We are going to be monstered.

We need someone/something that the players are going to play for.
Since Daisy and Heater were AHolled, plus the Dids Jolly exit interviews, our boys have turned up (the way they used to week in week out) on 2 or 3 occasions, only for their own pride.

No one cares except Pendles and Langdon god love them.
Nathan Brown maybe because he has a lot of personal pride, and FullBack does that to you.

The rest? Maybe Adams from time to time. Over 75% of the list look like they really don't give a flying, and just biding time, or in fact accelerating what is now the inevitable removal of our senior coach.

Time u blokes take off the Love Goggles and look at the blazing 7200pt Font graffitied all over the walls of the Corporate Centre located behind the Louey and Bobby statues. Someone should go put blindfolds on them until this crap is sorted out.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:21 pm

swoop42 wrote:
B:Oxley, Brown, Ramsay

HB:Langdon, Frost, Williams

C:Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Broomhead

HF:Kennedy, Cloke, Karnezis

F:Elliott, Gault, De Goey

Foll:Grundy, Adams, Swan

Int:Witts , Crisp, Freeman

Sub: Toovey

Emg:Goldsack, Sinclair, Fasolo

Revised again.

Out:Reid
In:Toovey

By the way this isn't the team I expect to see just the one I'd go with.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:28 pm

pick anyone as long as its not toovey, varcoe, blair. sub. sack
hermerl 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:46 pm

swoop42 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
B:Oxley, Brown, Ramsay

HB:Langdon, Frost, Williams

C:Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Broomhead

HF:Kennedy, Cloke, Karnezis

F:Elliott, Gault, De Goey

Foll:Grundy, Adams, Swan

Int:Witts , Crisp, Freeman

Sub: Toovey

I would replace Toovey, but I think this the best round one team anyone has proposed

Emg:Goldsack, Sinclair, Fasolo

Revised again.

Out:Reid
In:Toovey

By the way this isn't the team I expect to see just the one I'd go with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: