Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 1 team?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

one short on the bench
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:19 pm

roar wrote:
Assuming Reid is not ready:

B: Oxley, Frost, Ramsay

HB: Langdon, Brown, Williams

C: Sidey, Adams, Broomhead

HF: Fasolo, Cloke, DeGoey

F: Kennedy, Gault, Karnezis

R: Grundy, Pendles, Swan

Int: Witts, Thomas, Freeman,

what choice do we have other than this.

its been said enough already that theres no point playing the likes of our premiership foot solders, they just don't cut it anymore. the ship has sailed. th egame style doesn't win games with those players omitted in roars original selections so the newbies have to fill the void. lets hope we can win games with the likes of whom replaced them and maybe just maybe a few more can come into the mix with good vfl form. it seems were at the lowest point of a slow but steep curb.

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:52 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

A forward line with the 3 talls of Cloke, White and Gault may just make all the difference to our poor forward structure over the last couple of years. Throw in Fasolo, Elliott and Broomhead/Blair, then it's starting to look very potent. I like it.

sorry RudeBoy, i just don't see it. You are expecting White to show something special that he hasn't yet after 8 years in the system. Gault is just a skinny rookie, that we are enamored with all of a sudden because he took a single mark in a practice match, (highlighting that Grundy and Witts can't even do that), and i suspect that Clokey will be getting more bronx cheers than real ones.

Now, a fit Mitch Clark combined with Travis might have been a combo to watch, but we were too slow there of course.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:31 pm

gurugeoff wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

A forward line with the 3 talls of Cloke, White and Gault may just make all the difference to our poor forward structure over the last couple of years. Throw in Fasolo, Elliott and Broomhead/Blair, then it's starting to look very potent. I like it.

sorry RudeBoy, i just don't see it. You are expecting White to show something special that he hasn't yet after 8 years in the system. Gault is just a skinny rookie, that we are enamored with all of a sudden because he took a single mark in a practice match, (highlighting that Grundy and Witts can't even do that), and i suspect that Clokey will be getting more bronx cheers than real ones.

Now, a fit Mitch Clark combined with Travis might have been a combo to watch, but we were too slow there of course.

I share some of your skepticism, but we have to work with what we've got. By the way, Gault isn't such a skinny kid. He's bulked up considerably since last year and has shown enough to me in the pre-season that he's worth playing in the seniors. While White had an average season last year, I think that was largely due to the injury to Reid, requiring White to play as our CHF. He is best when used as the 3rd marking forward, as he did with some success at the Swans in 2013. Whatever happens, we've got to have a structure which makes us much less Cloke focused. Put simply, Cloke peaked about 5 years ago and is no longer the star forward he once promised to become. He does still have a good engine and can hold a mark, so he can still be important, but not as our main avenue to goal.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:44 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I share some of your skepticism, but we have to work with what we've got. By the way, Gault isn't such a skinny kid. He's bulked up considerably since last year and has shown enough to me in the pre-season that he's worth playing in the seniors. While White had an average season last year, I think that was largely due to the injury to Reid, requiring White to play as our CHF. He is best when used as the 3rd marking forward, as he did with some success at the Swans in 2013. Whatever happens, we've got to have a structure which makes us much less Cloke focused. Put simply, Cloke peaked about 5 years ago and is no longer the star forward he once promised to become. He does still have a good engine and can hold a mark, so he can still be important, but not as our main avenue to goal.

Cloke had his best year ever in 2013, certainly statistically and was rewarded with AA honours. Last year he was poor but I think that was due in large part to the total collapse of our forward line structure. Wayne Carey, Tony Lockett and Gary Ablett wouldn't kick many goals either with the delivery Cloke copped last year and constantly being scragged and triple teamed at practically every contest.

Get the forward structure right and give Cloke a license to present further upfield and work his opponents over going back into our 50 and he'll again be a force. Keep him stranded 35m out and keep lobbing the ball to him surrounded by 3-4 opposition defenders and his confidence will be shot and he'll do bugger all again. My fear is it'll be more of the latter through no fault of his own.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:50 pm

Oxley Brown Langdon
Toovey Frost Williams
Adams Thomas Sidebottom
Elliott White Fasolo
Gault Cloke Goldsack

Grundy Pendles Swan

Crisp, Broomhead, Kennedy, Blair

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:24 pm

Oxley Brown Langdon
Toovey Frost Sinclair
Adams De Goey Sidebottom
Elliot White Fasolo
Gault Cloke Goldsack

Grundy Pendlebury Swan
Crisp Freeman Kennedy Varcoe

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:56 pm

simon tonna wrote:
it seems were at the lowest point of a slow but steep curb.

FACT of the Day: the lowest point will be the day before Bucks gets his marching orders
courtza 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:57 pm

Goldsack Brown Williams
Langdon Frost Sinclair
Sidey Adams Karnezis
Swan Cloke Elliott
Gault Reid Broomy

Grundy Pendlebury Thomas

Fasolo DeGoey Freeman Crisp
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:22 am

Revised edition...

B: Toovey, Brown, Williams
HB: Langdon, Frost, Goldsack
C: Sidebottom, Adams, Varcoe
HF: Elliott, Cloke, Karnezis
F: Kennedy, White, Gault
R: Grundy, Pendlebury, Swan
I: Fasolo, Ramsay, Broomhead, Crisp

E: Oxley, Sinclair, De Goey

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:39 am

MagpieBat wrote:
Revised edition...

HB: Langdon, Frost, Goldsack
C: Sidebottom, Adams, Varcoe
F: Kennedy, White, Gault
I: Fasolo, Ramsay, Broomhead, Crisp

E: Oxley, Sinclair, De Goey

I like your thoughts MagpieBat but i'd make a few slight changes.

HB: Langdon, Frost, Ramsay,
C: Sidebottom, Adams, White
F: Kennedy, Gault, Broomhead
I: Fasolo, Goldsack, Oxley sub Crisp

E: Sinclair, De Goey, Varcoe

Without Greenwood our midfield is going to be a lot weaker than we expect even if we have the likes of Pendles and Swanny. We are going to miss Ball Maxy, Harry and Beams more than we think. Especially the experience and leadership of Ball and Maxy. Like some have said I like the idea of bringing both Travis and White for stints into the midfield we need a few big bodies. And later in the year if Reid and Moore show they are ready the cards can be mixed one again.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:12 am

HB: Langdon, Frost, Ramsay,
C: DeGoey, Adams, White
HF: Cloke, Witts, Broomhead
F: Elliott, Gault, Karnezis
I: Fasolo, Goldsack, Sidebottom, sub Crisp

I like the idea of White and his big body in the centre especially early to create some room for Pendles & Swanny.
When White goes to th pine I would use Goldy in the midfield or put him onnth HB line and give Langdon a run in the midfield he is a surprisingly good kick and I feel he reads the game well enough and has some legs.
I would intchange Fas & Elliott in the forward line keeping Karnezis close to goal as a mid size crumber and run Broomhead at Trav's feet to use his speed to give us quick forward 50 entries.
Cloke must play up the ground heck I wouldn't care if he got to HB to get a few touches run his man raggered up and back and get some soft touches. Plus his booming kick off his left can kick it over the head of the defending mids giving our forwards the best chance.
I wouldn't even mind if Travis had a run on the ball for 5 minutes a quarter
Gault only has to be competitive and take 1 in 3 marks as long as we get the ball to ground then let Elliott & Karnezis get a kick snap off.
I would start Witts or Grundy at CHF just to give to make teams be accountable and not load 2/1 or 3/1 on Travis.
I know I'll get critized for starting Sidey on the pine but my thought is get the heat out of the game early and get him in to use his skills when the game slows a bit. He showed 2012/13 he has very good skills 2014 he played more on ball and more game time and his disposal dropped off and his impact dropped off dramatically. He is a gun outside player who needs that little extra time to be at his best.
If and when Freeman, Scharenberg, Reid, Greenwood, Moore, McCaffer are right they press claims strongly (I'm really waiting on Scharenberg I think he is going to be our next big gun)
For mine our best chances is to surprise sides with our structure and set ups

Our weaknesses are many IMO but they aren't impossible to over come.
We can't have 3 players running to the same contest and not winning the ball. Manic pressure is fine but when 3 guys to to the same contest leaves 2 opponents free and we seem to get burnt big time when this happens.
We need to work harder off the ball for each other. More movement more shepparding.
We don't have a true tagged until Caff comes back but history says it takes time to fully recover
Our disposal needs to be so much better. The hawks team ave for efficiency is around 70% ours is around 54% which is a huge gulf.
Adaptable game plans. We are a 1 trick pony on manic pressure (see game v hawks in rd1 NAB cup) but when this fails (see rds 2&3 NAB cup) we look slow and out classed.
Look I don't expect loads this season but I need to see changes that lead to improvement in the above areas use this season to try new things and test the young players.
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:57 am

inxs88 wrote:
one short on the bench

Crisp can be the sub.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:18 am

Here goes:

B: Sinclair Brown Langdon

HB: Williams Frost Toovey

C: Varcoe Pendles De Goey

HF: Fasolo White Goldsack

F: Elliott Gault Witts

Foll: Grundy, Pendles, Swan

IC: Adams, Broomhead, Freeman, Crisp (sub)

That's right, I actually think we're a better team without Cloke.

Last edited by RudeBoy on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:20 am

roar wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
one short on the bench

Crisp can be the sub.

RudeBoy wrote:
IC: Adams, Crisp, Freeman, Crisp (sub)

so, which is it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: