Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 1 team?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:53 pm
Post subject: Round 1 team?Reply with quote

It's all an opinion business, so I've attempted to foresee what team we can put out against the Lions in round 1.

B: Marley W. N.Brown T. Langford
HB: P. Seedsman B. Reid A. Toovey
C: S. Sidebottom L. Greenwood T.Varcoe
HF: D. Swan J. White T. Goldsack
F: J. Elliot T. Cloke T. Broomhead
F: Grundy S. Pendlebury T. Adams
ICH: , N. Freeman, J. Witts, S. Dwyer, J. Thomas

EMERG: J. De Goey, P. Karnezis, J. Frost

Reserves or Back ups:

* A. Fasolo (make/break this year for the Prince of Perth)

* B. Kennedy (love to see him break out)

* J. Crisp (like his height, endurance and physique)

* J. Blair (on borrowed time)

* C. Young (injured)

* J. Marsh (could be anything)

* L. Keefe (too nervy for back line and not creative enough for forward line)

* T. Armstrong (back up at best)

* B. Sinclair (make/break year: competing for Marley's spot)

* D. Moore (Let him play all year in Reserves)

* J. Ramsay (tenacious & coachable, needs to take a step)

* B. Maynard (broken finger shall hold him back: like his kicking)

* M. Goodyear (real chance for 10-12 games)

* A. Oxley (hopefully can do a 2014 Langdon)

* C. Gault (would be a great coup if he can break out this year)

* M. Scharenberg (injured: lets not rush him)

* B. Abbott (rookie: Plays like Brent Guerra)

* M. Manteit (rookie with Langford like possession rate in TAC)

* Mason C. (we are thin in the talls if Grundy/Witts go down)

Comments:

* Torn between J. Frost and N. Brown for Full Back. Personally my gut says Frost (22 games consecutive in 2014), however can't see Bucks anointing Brown in leadership group and not paying him. Both aren't creative enough to play CHB so I guess it's game on.

* Reid needs to go back to recapture his form and fitness whilst being the Quarterback playmaker.

* Am sure many may disagree but as Buck's alluded to on the weekend, we probably only have 11 locks out of 22 positions, so I guess it shall all come down to the preseason period and fitness.

Welcome your thoughts?

TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the team but have doubts on seedsman (not sure he is up to it..skills are average and isnt a hard backman). Thomas (skills and pace are a concern), Dwyer (prefer he was a depth player than starting 22).

would like to see Marsh, karnezis, kennedy, de geoy, maynard, sharenberg break through

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:42 pm

Will have to watch NAB Challenge 1st before I can give a RD 1 Team
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Cant wait to see Langford play Shocked
The-Den Libra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:08 pm

i would like to see Kennedy and Frost in. No idea who I would take out. Far too hard to judge just yet with no pre season games been played.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:12 pm

Disagree playing Moore all year in the VFL.

Daniher played lot of AFL when he came up and that has not hurt him.

Moore would not be the Focal point like he is

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:59 pm

TimetoFly wrote:
I like the team but have doubts on seedsman (not sure he is up to it..skills are average and isnt a hard backman). Thomas (skills and pace are a concern), Dwyer (prefer he was a depth player than starting 22).

would like to see Marsh, karnezis, kennedy, de geoy, maynard, sharenberg break through

I don't mind Dwyre. If he deserves a spot he should be played. He came into AFL late and has plenty to give.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:05 pm

Whatever your best 22 is now, it will be different by the first weekend in April. Whether by injury or someone putting their hand up from left field, it just never turns out as you would think.
Round 1 is the most physically taxing home and away game of the season. I can guarantee that if you are not 100% fit, you wont be getting on the plane.
I cant see seedsman or reid playing but i would be backing crisp to play in very humid conditions he is familar with. I wouldnt think we would be in a hurry to throw first year players into this game. Prove yourself in VFL first and then make the step up. If they are ready, we will see them soon enough.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:56 am

Mossi wrote:
TimetoFly wrote:

I don't mind Dwyre. If he deserves a spot he should be played. He came into AFL late and has plenty to give.

sorry double post.I was trying to get rid of thr bold text in my earlier post.
Yes .....I hate Carlton!!!
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:02 pm
Post subject: My dream timeReply with quote

My Dream Team

This is about the future . I do not expect much agreement , however we need a team that has more potential than the ones of last few years. There are a few shocks , and it is my opinion , and sometimes the truth hurts .

So here we go

B Williams Frost. Goldsack
They are desperate hard tacklers and can run and the future .
They are hard and hard at it .
HB Langton. Keefe Seedsman
The three are young and fast and fit and are able to move the ball fast out by foot .
C Varcoe Freeman Greenwood
The fittest player at CFC is Freeman / the fastest is Varcoe / in and under and hard is Greenwood
So all of the above players have superior speed are hard and are focussed . They can match the speed of the Hawks.
HF Crisp Sharenburg karnezis
Tall / Very fast / tall and all hard to match ///speed speed speed. /and skill and long futures .
F. Elliot. Gault. Faaola
Two small forwards able to take the ball from ground and spilled marks and they are genuine goal kickers. Gault I bellieve is strong and has potential to turn into a difficult FF re his height and strength .
Rucks/rovers Grundy Pendles Sidebottom
A young gun ruckman who is dedicated to getting better and two proven champions
INT Adams Thomas Swan Witts
Swan was a champion stiill needed but maybe more as a mid/forward than a 40 pos mid (champion who owes collingwood nothing he is a legand ) and three future champions

Next in line Toovey Dwyer Blair

Future Kennedy Sinclair Broomhead Sinclair Ramsey Marsh Moore Oxley Maynard

Major concerns
Cloke play goes to him far to much / his kicking is not great as his position when marking takes him into more difficult positions especially when he tries to kick the impossible goal from from the forward pocket at least twice a game .he also does not work hard enough to get the spilled mark to the small forward ( one problem is sometimes the little guys are not there because Cloke wants the space to himself towin the one on one ) selfish cost Collingwoodt at least 4 to5goals a game.
McKaffer better faster options now
White potential but has not got there not sure if heis capable of.
Brown played a very good game in grand final but not fast enough for today's game
Reid very good but is injury going to stop his career
Young great when fit but not hard enough

The critics will start with CLoke yes he is the best one on one mark playing but beyond that I am concerned about all other parts of his game . Share burg can play there and he has a better all round game .

Maybe I am dreaming but as many players have been let go and BUCKShas got the guts to rebuild and face critics in the end what has not worked Does not work

In the end it's onlya dream
It's all about SPEED / SPEED/ Ultra fitness/ kicking skill / team play not one on one selfish play / the future blooding best potential / players who you want in the trenches / payers who are natural goal kickers at least 2 a game so see FF

Once again maybe not the first game maybe never but the future is what counts not the past

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:21 pm

A pretty good assessment inx88.

Obviously, a lot will depend on practice match form and fitness issues.

That said I reckon De Goey might squeeze into our round 1 team at the expense of Dwyer.
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:53 pm
Post subject: Dream teamReply with quote

Hi rude boy

My mistake I left de go off he is definitely the future .
I may have left others off but // no one can predict the future

BUT

Another concern is BUCkS was a dedicated player he wants and demands the same if players do not like it leave .He is not a miracle worker .

For what he has done the last few years took guts and upset some players and supporters but Grand Finals are it easy to get .

Like Bucks . I admire him and I give him a few years to rebuild . Sky scrapers are not built in a day

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:40 pm

^^^^
i think i get your point but your a long way off.
it is a dream and one that may come true if you were a coach of a talented
under 16 team with the same potential but with limited footy nouse.

this season will emerge as a very important one more so than any other i can think of for quite some time. yes you could feel the ground swell in 2009 when we lost by a kick in a prelim but we kept the ball rolling and got some fantastic top up players to get us over the line the year after. all credit to the footy club and history. but this time its different. we were a long way behind come 2011 when it came to progressing into the future. while other clubs were building strong lists to get a more even spread of players that fill a role we discovered our once were warriors suddenly fell on their sword one way or the other and without going into the past and raising all hell again amongst all, we needed to rebuild again.

so this time with a new coach and a new list, when it comes to games played, we have to see progression and see more wins than loses to feel we are going in the right direction and that comes from team culture and professionalism.

so going back on topic i couldn't care less who's on the park as long as we never get a flogging and the players and coaching staff are winning games
of footy.

sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:51 pm
Post subject: My dreamReply with quote

To Simon tona

This journey in 2015 is the hardest for many years.
I have followed CFC since 1953 and I have seen a lot of good and bad .

This time this is one of the great chalanges with one of the largest turnover of new players and the potential of major changes within the next 2 years like what has rarely happened before ..

Please give the coaches the chance .

They know how hard this journey will be but it worries me that many supporters do not .

Today I support their efforts but the days of relying on Swanny who will always be a champion in my eyes will not be as was . He should be in FP?

I would trade Cloke re my comments above .

My dream is my dream team

roar 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:19 pm
Post subject: Re: Round 1 team?Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
It's all an opinion business, so I've attempted to foresee what team we can put out against the Lions in round 1.

B: Marley W. N.Brown T. Langford
HB: P. Seedsman B. Reid A. Toovey
C: S. Sidebottom L. Greenwood T.Varcoe
HF: D. Swan J. White T. Goldsack
F: J. Elliot T. Cloke T. Broomhead
F: Grundy S. Pendlebury T. Adams
ICH: , N. Freeman, J. Witts, S. Dwyer, J. Thomas

EMERG: J. De Goey, P. Karnezis, J. Frost

Seeds won't be ready, I reckon. Would prefer others to Dwyer. Replace them with Fasolo and BK (maybe DeGoey & Manteit) and that's the team I would like to see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9   

Jump to: