Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies 2015 Leadership Group

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
It's great to hear his progress is great but why is Macaffer's progress been slower than Scharenberg because I've assumed that with the same type of injury and only sustaining injuries a day apart from each other that they'd be tracking along with recovery at the same time. I guess recovery differs from each player.

I think a return to the VFL mid-season is a more realistic and viable option for Scharenberg. The worst thing we can do is rush him back and throw him into the deep end too soon.

Macaffer has apparently had some hamstring issues pre-christmas.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:40 am

Jezza wrote:
It's great to hear his progress is great but why is Macaffer's progress been slower than Scharenberg because I've assumed that with the same type of injury and only sustaining injuries a day apart from each other that they'd be tracking along with recovery at the same time. I guess recovery differs from each player.

I think a return to the VFL mid-season is a more realistic and viable option for Scharenberg. The worst thing we can do is rush him back and throw him into the deep end too soon.

Shaz is ahead of Caff because he has had no setbacks in his rehab (which is highly unusual). Caff has had hamstring issues since before Xmas, and is very unlikely to be back till mid year now.

Provided Shaz has no setbacks in his rehab, an early VFL return is absolutely on the cards. The graft is well and truly healed by now, that only takes 8-15 weeks to fully heal. His rehab now would be centred around strengthening the leg muscles.

I know a lot of people are questioning how wide it is for him to be playing footy early in the season, but I honestly think that if he is fit to go, the best possible thing for him would to be played. It must have been incredibly frustrating for him these past 18 months not being able to play footy. If he's deemed fit, then let him do what he loves!

Remember Caff's first ACL? His recovery back then mirrors Shaz now. Zero hamstring issues, and he was back playing VFL in 6 months. This type of recovery is certainly not unheard of.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Thanks for the responses guys! Now it explains why Caff is behind in his recovery as opposed to Scharenberg.

Anyway my hope is that since Caff has been here before he'll know what it's all about in terms of recovering from such a serious and extensive injury and Shaz's recovery has been remarkable so good to see that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: