Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies 2015 Leadership Group

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep agreed Dave Tay has the tools to be a leader but he has to make that commitment to adultery - ermmm adulthood Wink
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:44 pm

Tannin wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Wonder what Keeffe did wrong??

Not a Guarantee Best 22?

Neither is Brown.

If Brown is fit he is guaranteed to play at full back. Keeffe on the other hand is better suited down the forward half, but until he grasps the forward's role I think he will be in and out of the side. So the leadership group for this season is spot on imo. Young shouldn't have been in the leadership group last year. The five named are the five best, so congratulations to the Collingwood FBC for getting it right for 2015.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:16 pm

John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:

i don't think he did too mich wrong. it may have been a casualty of reducing the size of the group. he can still be an informal leader around the club. if you listen to him talk amongst the group you can sense he is an emerging leader. he does need to focus on getting his game right and cementing his spot so the reduced committment might do him some good.

Yeah, you watch him in the pregame warm ups and he gets around to every player. Don't doubt he'll be back in the group in future seasons.

Last edited by jackcass on Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:17 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Not a Guarantee Best 22?

You could say the same about 30 odd guys on the list though Dave.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:20 pm

Jezza wrote:
Tannin wrote:
^ Jack Frost leads the defence already. Bit hard to stick him in the leadership group when he isn't on the senior list though!

The fact that he's been leading our defence despite all the injuries around him speaks volumes of how much progress he's made in the past 12 months in all facets of his game.

He really should be on the senior list soon though. I think with Scharenberg and Macaffer sidelined with knee injuries this year this will mean he'll be elevated to the senior list by the time the season commences.

Hasnt Frost already been promoted?
Bolsheviki 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:24 am

Good calls, all of them. 5 premiership players who have been there and done that. Everyone one of them crucial to the team. Keefe, Young and even Adams, are still on the fringes of our best 22.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:46 am

Bolsheviki wrote:
Good calls, all of them. 5 premiership players who have been there and done that. Everyone one of them crucial to the team. Keefe, Young and even Adams, are still on the fringes of our best 22.

I agree that it is a good group - but I disagree that they are all crucial to the team.

Frost and Keefe can cover down back without Brown and Goldy is important due to his versatility and intensity but not crucial like Pendles, Cloke and Sidey are. Greenwood having a good year extracting the pill and the young rucks coming along is more important really.

But as I stated - i like the idea of putting it to Goldy and Brown that they are senior guys with the need to lead on and off the field. The other older guys like WHite, Dwyer, Varcoe, Young and Greenwood for example are from other clubs - these 5 'leaders' are needed to step up in 2015 and guide the youngsters and hopefully some of our draft pick-ups follow suit Smile

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:37 pm

jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Tannin wrote:
^ Jack Frost leads the defence already. Bit hard to stick him in the leadership group when he isn't on the senior list though!

The fact that he's been leading our defence despite all the injuries around him speaks volumes of how much progress he's made in the past 12 months in all facets of his game.

He really should be on the senior list soon though. I think with Scharenberg and Macaffer sidelined with knee injuries this year this will mean he'll be elevated to the senior list by the time the season commences.

Frost is a retained rookie but will very likely be promoted to the senior list due to Scharenberg and Macaffer's long-term knee injuries.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/your-afl-clubs-promoted-and-retained-rookies-for-2015/story-fngeflq8-1227134470641

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:51 am

Jezza wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Shazza back in full training and playing in the training practice natch ups now.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:17 am

Jezza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Frost is a retained rookie but will very likely be promoted to the senior list due to Scharenberg and Macaffer's long-term knee injuries.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/your-afl-clubs-promoted-and-retained-rookies-for-2015/story-fngeflq8-1227134470641

Cheers.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:35 pm

^ No worries
Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Shazza back in full training and playing in the training practice natch ups now.

Could he actually play in the pre-season? That would be a remarkable recovery considering he only injured his knee one day before Caff did against GWS.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:09 pm

Jezza wrote:
^ No worries
Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Could he actually play in the pre-season? That would be a remarkable recovery considering he only injured his knee one day before Caff did against GWS.

Still think mid season return at VFL level more likely although promising he's at this level now.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:52 pm

It's great to hear his progress is great but why is Macaffer's progress been slower than Scharenberg because I've assumed that with the same type of injury and only sustaining injuries a day apart from each other that they'd be tracking along with recovery at the same time. I guess recovery differs from each player.

I think a return to the VFL mid-season is a more realistic and viable option for Scharenberg. The worst thing we can do is rush him back and throw him into the deep end too soon.

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:19 am

Ive always been impressed with Cloke on the field. Unselfish and team oriented. Even when he was kicking pineapples week in and week out he would always get down the field and put his body on the line.

Leader.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Stupied 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:09 am

Jezza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Actually, Frost will be promoted regardless of Caff and Scharenbergs injuries. We only have 39 on the senior list this year, so there is a spot for frost to be upgraded prior to the season commencing.

As for those wondering what Keeffe did wrong to be dropped from the leadership group, I thought it was obvious. He is a great trainer, very vocal, but during games he has a nasty habit of dropping his head if things aren't going his way. You can't have your leaders doing that during games. Hopefully he can improve his game and on-field leadership without the burden of being an official leader this year.

And anyone questioning Goldy's place, he is best 22 every day of the week. One of the best trainers, vocal guys, and hardest working players on the field every single week. He is the addition to the leadership group I'm happiest about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: