Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Barnaby Joyce Stands by His Woman

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:31 am
Post subject: Barnaby Joyce Stands by His WomanReply with quote

Aww, what a caring fellow! Bringing his office to bear on people's personal lives like this! If only more politicians did the same!

Of course, we also know it has been in the spirit of such tender, personal concern the Glibs have been promoting and now implementing their failing mining-based economics policy. Like our Barnaby, they're only reaching out to the community trying to help!

Adele Ferguson in The Aged wrote:
Gina Rinehart reduces minister Barnaby Joyce to a 'minion'

A day after the country's richest person Gina Rinehart lost control of a multi-billion dollar family trust, her son has called on a federal cabinet minister to explain himself.

John Hancock, who has battled his mother in the courts for almost four years, described Barnaby Joyce as "naļve" and asked him to come clean on why he supported Rinehart's conduct as trustee, and pressured Hope Rinehart (John's sister) to drop the court case.

"Was he told to do so by a vested interest, or was he naive and operating out of his depth by involving himself? I don't know what's worse from a senior member of cabinet," Hancock says.

The messy entanglement of the federal government is just one of many fascinating consequences in this landmark case that has reverberated through some of the nation's biggest companies and wealthiest households.

Joyce had emailed Hope on September 11, 2011, only days after Hope and two of Rinehart's other four children, John and Bianca, had filed legal action in the Supreme Court of NSW. They were alleging gross misconduct in her role as trustee.

Agriculture Minister Barnaby Joyce has been called on to explain his support of Gina Rinehart.

The email opens: "Hope, I have never met you" but "please give me the grace of considering the following".

This included the observation that: "[news] papers and lawyers get you to say nasty things. They stir you up then turn the account clock on and watch the money flow".

He asked her to give up "before it really gets out of hand" and "try to get it back in house and out of public view'".

He finished the email with "Your family are good people. If they were not I would not care as much as I do about you and your Mum. You are a family Australia needs".

http://www.theage.com.au/business/mining-and-resources/gina-rinehart-reduces-minister-barnaby-joyce-to-a-minion-20150530-ghcat2

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:47 am
Post subject: Re: Barnaby Joyce Stands by His WomanReply with quote

pietillidie wrote:
Aww, what a caring fellow! Bringing his office to bear on people's personal lives like this! If only more politicians did the same!

Of course, we also know it has been in the spirit of such tender, personal concern the Glibs have been promoting and now implementing their failing mining-based economics policy. Like our Barnaby, they're only reaching out to the community trying to help!

Adele Ferguson in The Aged wrote:
Gina Rinehart reduces minister Barnaby Joyce to a 'minion'

A day after the country's richest person Gina Rinehart lost control of a multi-billion dollar family trust, her son has called on a federal cabinet minister to explain himself.

John Hancock, who has battled his mother in the courts for almost four years, described Barnaby Joyce as "naļve" and asked him to come clean on why he supported Rinehart's conduct as trustee, and pressured Hope Rinehart (John's sister) to drop the court case.

"Was he told to do so by a vested interest, or was he naive and operating out of his depth by involving himself? I don't know what's worse from a senior member of cabinet," Hancock says.

The messy entanglement of the federal government is just one of many fascinating consequences in this landmark case that has reverberated through some of the nation's biggest companies and wealthiest households.

Joyce had emailed Hope on September 11, 2011, only days after Hope and two of Rinehart's other four children, John and Bianca, had filed legal action in the Supreme Court of NSW. They were alleging gross misconduct in her role as trustee.

Agriculture Minister Barnaby Joyce has been called on to explain his support of Gina Rinehart.

The email opens: "Hope, I have never met you" but "please give me the grace of considering the following".

This included the observation that: "[news] papers and lawyers get you to say nasty things. They stir you up then turn the account clock on and watch the money flow".

He asked her to give up "before it really gets out of hand" and "try to get it back in house and out of public view'".

He finished the email with "Your family are good people. If they were not I would not care as much as I do about you and your Mum. You are a family Australia needs".

http://www.theage.com.au/business/mining-and-resources/gina-rinehart-reduces-minister-barnaby-joyce-to-a-minion-20150530-ghcat2

We've been discussing it so to speak (inappropriately) in the other Barnaby Joyce thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: