Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Babies on Planes

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:56 am
Post subject: Babies on PlanesReply with quote

I would like to start a topic on screaming babies on aeroplanes, because every time I read the travel section in The Age there is someone complaining about it. On the last occasion it was a baby in first/business class
Quote:
Traveller letters: Business class babies bawl for ten hours
Jan 29 2015 at 12:15 AM Age Travel

I confess that I myself have cursed my own brother-in-law and sister-in-law because they could not quieten their little daughter on a twelve hour bus trip in the Philippines, sorry folks. Two years later and she is a delightful little girl with a brand new way of tormenting people - she has a doll which plays the theme from Frozen...over and over again.

Seriously, if one has paid all that money for an air ticket, then surely it behooves that individual to spend a bit extra - noise cancelling headphones, ipods, in flight movies, jazz tapes, uni lectures...a whole range of things to to get the peace you desire

Last edited by regan is true fullback on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That can seem like a long time.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:25 pm

People with Babies on planes are just selfish. In saying that, if travel was available when my kids were babies I would have done it. Short haul flights are fine but you fly 20 hours with some kid screaming and crying you will get pissed off which I have let fly on a flight once.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:52 pm

People that complain about it, should get over it - if the parent is doing their utmost to settle the child (or if the child appears to be sick). Parents should also do their best to help ensure that the child's ears aren't effected by the changes in air pressure.

I had to take little man on a number of flights earlier last year (he was 9 months old at the time). He was sensational, apart from one flight.

While it's annoying, if the parent is doing their best to settle them then it's just one of those things. You go on a flight, then you should expect that there will probably be a baby on board.

Last edited by Joel on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:28 pm

I can afford to be a little smug about this (for now), because Ingmar was a little angel on his first plane trip a fortnight ago (and on the way back), but I do have complete sympathy for parents with screaming babies. I also have sympathy for other passengers, but what can you do? I also suggest earplugs. It sucks, but you can't ban families from traveling, and obviously nobody's going to be more upset about a screaming baby than its parents.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:31 pm

I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERF*&%$*G BABIES ON THIS MOTHERF*&%$*G PLANE!

Laughing

minor edit by bbmods, apologies to Samuel L Wokko
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:37 pm

Culprit wrote:
People with Babies on planes are just selfish. In saying that, if travel was available when my kids were babies I would have done it. Short haul flights are fine but you fly 20 hours with some kid screaming and crying you will get pissed off which I have let fly on a flight once.

I very strongly disagree. Sometimes parents have to fly with a baby and we have very little choice with what we can do to keep our baby quiet. Sometimes even the sleeping medication given doesn't work or works only for a short time. On the other hand, you can have noise cancelling headphones, ipods, in flight movies plus a range of other stuff to keep you occupied. Unless you have walked in the anxious shoes of a parent desperately trying bloody hard to keep a baby quiet, you having a go at them is just mind blowingly dumb AND you are the one who is actually selfish. Rolling Eyes

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:50 pm

It's a baby. It cries. Sometimes parents of babies can't just stay home until the kid is 2 and able to be distracted, bribed or comforted. If these parents need to fly somewhere, the baby has to fly too.

It's not rocket science. If you want a nice, quiet, comfortable flight then fly first class or charter a plane. Otherwise, deal with it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Your baby cries when I'm on a plane, I (and many others) WILL JUDGE YOU.

Deal with it!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:00 pm

1061 wrote:

Deal with it!

Not sure if serious but...if you were to say anything to me I'd tell you to get stuffed. Deal with it.

Anyone who judges a parent of a crying baby (which they can't really control) is pretty moronic.

Last edited by Joel on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Enough about me, let's talk about the Pies.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:02 pm

and if we all lined up like this to bitchslap you, just deal with it Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GW0Vnr9Yc
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:10 pm

I'm always torn, and I usually end up erring on the baby's side and suffering through it!

On one trip to South Korea I endured repeated, hard kicks to the back of the seat all flight because the father just couldn't control his kids. The poor bloke was trying to do his best and the kids were hyperactive little blighters, so what could I do? Make the bloke feel like crap when he clearly had no hope?

If the plane is not full you could always look for vacant seats and slip away without causing offence by pretending you're going for a walk or whatever.

Budget airlines presumably mean budget flight attendant supervision, too. Ideally, they should be on the lookout for such things and try to alleviate them.

Using Starbucks as a playground is quite a different matter, though Mad

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:16 pm

David wrote:
I can afford to be a little smug about this (for now), because Ingmar was a little angel on his first plane trip a fortnight ago....

Good to hear Smile You'll have to share more on how he's going in another thread (maybe you have and I've missed it??).

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:04 pm

Joel wrote:
1061 wrote:

Deal with it!

Not sure if serious but...if you were to say anything to me I'd tell you to get stuffed. Deal with it.

Anyone who judges a parent of a crying baby (which they can't really control) is pretty moronic.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Maybe some Collingwood fans really ARE bloody morons.... Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: