Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

15/18

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Don’t forget about Maynard and De Goey
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:35 pm

E wrote:
I thought Elliot announced his arrival as an elite player last year. No?

Yes.

E wrote:
In my opinion, only Elliot has emerged since Steele Sidebottom as a truly Elite player. We have tonnes of players on the list with that potential however.

Yes. On the cusp of that status, I reckon we can list Frost, Broomhead, and Williams.

Sometimes I wonder why we bother trading for top 10 draft picks when we pick up gems like Frost as rookies. Have I gone too far here? Hell no - look at what the lad achieved when thrown in at the deep end way before he was ready just because all our other tall defenders were injured .... he played like a 70-game regular backman. And he just keeps on getting better.

Broomhead has barely managed a couple of senior games. Surely I'm mad to nominate his an a candidate for elite status? Nope: the lad has class and ability the way my sister has zits - apply any treatment you like and they still show through.

Williams has the experience now to become one of those always-picked-if-fit players you don't even think about, just rely on every week. And I reckon he's got that little bit extra which could see him looking at All Australian selection sometime over the next three or four years.

I won't make any predictions about our high-pick youngsters, but you'd reckon we'd be stiff not to see at least one of our several top-10 yet-to-play recruits make genuine elite status, though you'd think that might be 2016 or 2017 before we see it.

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:58 pm

Both Geelong and Hawks won the GF the year after they lost their best player in Ablett and Franklin.

1 player is not the be all and end all to a teams fortunes especially when the teams plans no longer account for their input.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:08 pm

loki04 wrote:
Both Geelong and Hawks won the GF the year after they lost their best player in Ablett and Franklin.

1 player is not the be all and end all to a teams fortunes especially when the teams plans no longer account for their input.

True but they both had a a majority of a fairly experienced team mingled with a couple of youngsters. They both covered their losses excellently. One could argue that we have not lost a real gun player like they did but 3-4 excellent players that will take some time to cover.
I still say Collingwood will miss out on the finals but show real improvent in 2015. 2016 onwards will be a far different story.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: