Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

15/18

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

droversdog65 wrote:
Hard to make an accurate appraisal as last year we were raped by injuries. The midfield group were under huge pressure to cover holes everywhere.

Adams has put some serious muscle on and looks quite cut, Thomas I'll believe it when it happens and Greenwood is as hard as a cat's head - let's see how he goes about it if he gets a good run at it.
The main promise for me comes from an increase in depth with our delayed Christmas presents in Freeman and later Shazza getting opened.

Freeman has already shown he has some serious tools and is looking a goer from round 1 at this stage.

With a hopefully fully fit Cloke and Swan we should see an improvement there as well.

It all hinges on delivery into the forward line and the ability to stop other sides getting a run on really.

Agree with the bolded bits. However making too precise a prediction is laden more with utter bloody hope than factual evidence on how things might play out. It's all part of the pre season fun I guess.. Twisted Evil

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:53 pm

Lol @ ninthmond will be interesting to keep track of the mercenary up north and see if he becomes another 'untouchable' Wink
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:16 pm

Short term pain, long term gain.

Similar to swoop, the eveness and numbers in the mid field will drive these guys to get the best out of themselves. If you dont lift, we will just play someone who has.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:49 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Not beyond the realms of possibility that improvement in both Thomas and Adams (among others), along with the recruitment of Greenwood, can offset the loss of Beams and Ball from the midfield group. We'll know by midseason how our 2015 midfield stacks up against the 2014 version.

With all due respect Daz, at this time of the year, NOTHING regarding Collingwood is "beyond the realms of possibility" for you! Flag? Yep, no worriers!! Good positive attitude which I admire in you.
As for forlorners like me, I just hope we are more competitive against the real 4-5 top teams than we were last year. If this is the case, we might just sneak into the finals but I'm yet to be fully convinced. Confused

Don't recall mentioning a flag in 2015 Laz.

I'm a long term fan of Thomas so can obviously foresee improvement in him (if he gets his body right) and while not totally convinced about Adams at the start of 2014, his play in the last couple of games gave great cause for optimism. Don't think either delivering on that promise in 2015 would be a shock, just a natural progression and therefore "not beyond the realms of possibility". It's really not a leap too far Laz.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:50 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Woods wrote:
One swallow does not a summer make.
Aristotle

The bird of black and white will deliver the golden prize.
Leonid Ilyich Brezhnev

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:30 pm

So to balance this out Mr Thread starter, who of our good players under performed last year can improve, Shaw, Dids, Thomas, Clement, Bucks they all leave one time or another, hence why someone else will pop up!

Maybe Cloke? Reid? Swan? Broomhead? Toovey? Freeman? Moore? Degoey? Kennedy? Karnezis? And many more!
melliot 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:30 pm

Beams for all his good attributes, lacked a defensive side and got exposed often. If his replacement can provide decent defense, then it's not all bad. Not great, but not all bad.

The kids in our team now need to deliver the next flag. Not the 2010 team.

I fear some pain for this year. But we'll be better for it.

Can't expect Beams, Ball, Maxy, Harry to drop out for kids and expect a rise on the ladder.
The Weed 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:16 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
So to balance this out Mr Thread starter, who of our good players under performed last year can improve, Shaw, Dids, Thomas, Clement, Bucks they all leave one time or another, hence why someone else will pop up!

Maybe Cloke? Reid? Swan? Broomhead? Toovey? Freeman? Moore? Degoey? Kennedy? Karnezis? And many more!

Just playing Devil's advocate, no one has really stepped up since Shaw. Dids and Thomas have left and no one has filled Clements role like he did and I wiill leave do your own maths on Bucks's replacement(s).
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:14 am

Weed, don't know about that, Elliot might ring a bell what about Langdon these two played some great footy in a somewhat lack luster season! Although we all have a list of who can step up, we won't know until the footy starts.
Name a pies player, that if he steps up another gear he would be on another planet?
E 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:52 am

Darkstranger wrote:

don't forget Mason cox. you cant write a list about our future without adding him to the list. And what about the other rookies?

E 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:55 am

The Weed wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:

Just playing Devil's advocate, no one has really stepped up since Shaw. Dids and Thomas have left and no one has filled Clements role like he did and I wiill leave do your own maths on Bucks's replacement(s).

I thought Elliot announced his arrival as an elite player last year. No?

Langdon announced that he can play a bit. He has to watch the second year blues, but he is a shot to take another step towards being elite. I put Frost in that same category.

In my opinion, only Elliot has emerged since Steele Sidebottom as a truly Elite player. We have tonnes of players on the list with that potential however.

This is 2006/7 all over again. the question is whether last year or this year was 2006?????

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:27 am

melliot wrote:
Beams for all his good attributes, lacked a defensive side and got exposed often. If his replacement can provide decent defense, then it's not all bad. Not great, but not all bad.

Can't expect Beams, Ball, Maxy, Harry to drop out for kids and expect a rise on the ladder.

Totally agree with you. Must be the water in Bendigo!

This is the point I have been trying to make to those who pick us to be top 4 this year. To each their own... Rolling Eyes

Warbler 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:39 am

For mine Broomhead & maybe Freeman will be the name on every ones lips as the season progresses .

But we need an improvement in luck with injuries & the rest of the youngsters as well to make the season a success .

I can't wait for the footy to start - even if it is only the NAB cup .

GO PIES
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:56 am

Lazza wrote:
melliot wrote:

Totally agree with you. Must be the water in Bendigo!
This is the point I have been trying to make to those who pick us to be top 4 this year. To each their own... Rolling Eyes

Might be a bit fetid in your area(s), fine in Kangaroo Flat.
Kwah-LeBaire 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:38 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
F#ck him. Wink

Subtle, and to the point. Well said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: