Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

15/18

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Weed 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:17 am
Post subject: 15/18Reply with quote

Beams was in our best players an incredible 15/18 times (leaving out the game he was injured), this was only bettered by Pendles. As we know this will leave a massive hole in terms of quality posseiosn and goals but I also think it will make Pendles job a lot tough as there is no one else to even consider locking down on. If Swannie doesnt return to his old self then unfotunately I think its going to be a LHS.

Can anyone offer a ray of hope?
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

One swallow does not a summer make.
Aristotle
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:20 am
Post subject: Re: 15/18Reply with quote

The Weed wrote:
Beams was in our best players an incredible 15/18 times (leaving out the game he was injured), this was only bettered by Pendles. As we know this will leave a massive hole in terms of quality posseiosn and goals but I also think it will make Pendles job a lot tough as there is no one else to even consider locking down on. If Swannie doesnt return to his old self then unfotunately I think its going to be a LHS.

Can anyone offer a ray of hope?

Hopefully greenwood and degoey can take up the slack.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:27 am

I don't think anyone ever questioned the importance of Beams to the team but one door closes another opens.

In 2010 we had restricted contributions from Medhurst, O'Bree, Lockyer and Fraser and a couple of guys who were considered promising kids stood up. Pendles, Sidey, Daisy and Caff all carried extra.

Hopefully we get similar advancement from a couple of kids in 2015. Broomhead, Witts, Grundy, Kennedy, Ramsay, Seedsman, Fasolo, and Thomas types are the guys we'll be relying upon to do this. They've had a couple of years in the system and now is their time.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:28 am

Woods wrote:
One swallow does not a summer make.
Aristotle

Did we recruit a Swallow?
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:36 am

Perhaps?: One magpie does not a winter make.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:14 pm

Weed m8 I would like to know how often those BOG or near BOG's were in his last season with us - I would have a sneaking suspicion that after the Bears backdoored us and signed him up mid season his performances dropped away.

Regardless he was a fine athlete and great footy player - if not a decent clubman.

Near BOG's don't mean as much in a team that is struggling for mids as were sadly were last season so it will be interesting to see how the new midfield shapes up.

One thing that won't be missed is his one way running so perhaps someone like Sidey will be given more onball time - we certainly have enough young talent, it's just a matter of seeing which bubbles rise to the surface.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:31 pm

Break out seasons for Josh Thomas and Taylor Adams coming up...By the end of the year we'll be lamenting how Beams keeping them out of the midfield in 2014 held us back... Wink Cool
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:58 pm

nomadjack wrote:
Break out seasons for Josh Thomas and Taylor Adams coming up...By the end of the year we'll be lamenting how Beams keeping them out of the midfield in 2014 held us back... Wink Cool

Not beyond the realms of possibility that improvement in both Thomas and Adams (among others), along with the recruitment of Greenwood, can offset the loss of Beams and Ball from the midfield group. We'll know by midseason how our 2015 midfield stacks up against the 2014 version.
The Weed 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:07 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Weed m8 I would like to know how often those BOG or near BOG's were in his last season with us - I would have a sneaking suspicion that after the Bears backdoored us and signed him up mid season his performances dropped away.

He was our BOG in his last 3 games and 2nd BOG the 4th last.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:38 pm

Thx weed - well he certainly played the season out and kudos to him for that, shame he wasn't man enough to give Collingwood an even break at the trade table.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:24 pm

jackcass wrote:
Not beyond the realms of possibility that improvement in both Thomas and Adams (among others), along with the recruitment of Greenwood, can offset the loss of Beams and Ball from the midfield group. We'll know by midseason how our 2015 midfield stacks up against the 2014 version.

With all due respect Daz, at this time of the year, NOTHING regarding Collingwood is "beyond the realms of possibility" for you! Flag? Yep, no worriers!! Good positive attitude which I admire in you.
As for forlorners like me, I just hope we are more competitive against the real 4-5 top teams than we were last year. If this is the case, we might just sneak into the finals but I'm yet to be fully convinced. Confused

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Hard to make an accurate appraisal as last year we were raped by injuries. The midfield group were under huge pressure to cover holes everywhere.

Adams has put some serious muscle on and looks quite cut, Thomas I'll believe it when it happens and Greenwood is as hard as a cat's head - let's see how he goes about it if he gets a good run at it.

The main promise for me comes from an increase in depth with our delayed Christmas presents in Freeman and later Shazza getting opened.

Freeman has already shown he has some serious tools and is looking a goer from round 1 at this stage.

With a hopefully fully fit Cloke and Swan we should see an improvement there as well.

It all hinges on delivery into the forward line and the ability to stop other sides getting a run on really.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:49 pm

If Greenwood can replicate his form of last season and players like Adams, Broomhead, Kennedy, Thomas and Freeman can step up to another level then our midfield should be more potent if anything.

It'll be young but it should be hungry.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:57 pm

At least it won't be one-paced and kick down the line to a contest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: