Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Support Bucks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:55 pm
Post subject: Support BucksReply with quote

For those of you on here calling for the demise of Buckley I ask you to reconsider. If you have ever met him, you would know he is one of the greatest motivators and football brains our game has ever produced. I loved him as a player, a Captain, and he has my full support as our coach. We are going through a phase of experimentation as a Club at the moment which will take at least three years to work itself out. Give it time. I will be going to the footy this year to enjoy this journey. Bucks is a pleasure to observe coaching and gives his heart and soul to every move made on the field. I predicated us to be 15th this year in another post, when I mean't 5th. I believe we will fire in the second half of the season and the ride will be interesting. So if you want Buckley out, who do you suggest should replace him? Ray Shaw? Lets get on board and back our Coach. He doesn't need to watch his back this year. He needs to be focussed forward. I call on the Board to issue a written letter of support for our Coach as well.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:58 pm
Post subject: Re: Support BucksReply with quote

Sheesh, I'm fully agreeing with you for once in my life!! Hear hear!! Wonderful post.

Well written you fine chap. Very sage comments which should be received favourably by all at Nick's.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiss wrote:
For those of you on here calling for the demise of Buckley I ask you to reconsider. If you have ever met him, you would know he is one of the greatest motivators and football brains our game has ever produced. I loved him as a player, a Captain, and he has my full support as our coach. We are going through a phase of experimentation as a Club at the moment which will take at least three years to work itself out. Give it time. I will be going to the footy this year to enjoy this journey. Bucks is a pleasure to observe coaching and gives his heart and soul to every move made on the field. I predicated us to be 15th this year in another post, when I mean't 5th. I believe we will fire in the second half of the season and the ride will be interesting. So if you want Buckley out, who do you suggest should replace him? Ray Shaw? Lets get on board and back our Coach. He doesn't need to watch his back this year. He needs to be focussed forward. I call on the Board to issue a written letter of support for our Coach as well.
What if I don't have it to give?
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Well played hiss, never seen a more committed or focussed individual in my life. His heart and soul is with the club and he will give everything he has and more.

On the subject of the hyena's . . . there are lurkers at every club just slinking around in the shadows, hating and wishing for a chance to stick in the blade and twist . . . sometimes they get the chance and sometimes they don't but . . . always . . . they are worthy of total contempt.
themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:39 pm

schizophrenia anyone? Rolling Eyes
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:40 pm

I prefer him to then Bloody MM
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:29 pm

Hiss wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:22 am

Loved Shaw as a player, premiership captain and person. End of the day you can be the greatest bloke with all the great intensions in the world but if you don't get results, or implement a game style thats fairly atrocious, you won't last as a coach.

I want bucks to succeed more than anything. He tweaked the gameplan in 2012/13 and did pretty well.

It has also been rumoured that he instructed fitness staff to lift the training loads since 2011 pre season as he thought MM was too soft on players. If thats true, then its completely backfired. And in 2014 he decided to implement a handpass happy gameplan that backfired completely. When we floundered using handpass, we resorted to the kick first mentality which was always when we looked most dangerous. I find it strange that bucks was a kick first player yet is a handpass happy coach.

I hope he gets the balance right. But if he don't, as a legends member I don't pay hard earned coin for what would be a 6 or 7 season coaching stint that doesn't amount to premiership glory. Collingwood deserves better than that. 3 years ago we were top of the heap. I expect to be there abouts this year, and premiership contender in 2016 & 17. If not then I want coaching change.

Regardless of what you did for the club as a player, if the coach isn't capable of coaching a premiership, then you have to find someone who is.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:22 am

KM that's a very shallow look at things - especially since you seem to be basing your views and proposed actions on TOTALLY unsubstantiated rumours and innuendos.

And attempting to link Buckley's tenure with Shaw's is a pretty ordinary act in my opinion.

As for kicks versus handpasses - 2 seconds contemplation of our playing list will show that until we can get the kicking players we drafted in the last few years on the park we need to handpass more than before because we turn it over by poor foot skills.

As for your comment about Legends members deserving better than a 6 or 7 year coaching stint without success - what the hell did you imagine Mick went through??? Whithout the injuries, without the line coaches being poached and without the infantile player defections. I hope you were ranting just as hard then but somehow I doubt it.

A superficial and impatient response at best.
Magpiebill 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:46 am

Totally agree Hiss and you'll never see me having a go at our greatest club legend, unless we have a losing season. Then we might have to pull out the big stick. Naughty Bucks. Laughing
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:08 am

Just exactly what part of " Rebuilding " is it, that the detractors dont understand. In fairness, people have a right to spend their hard earned money as they see fit. Pity that money cant buy patience.
Kwah-LeBaire 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:32 am

Hiss wrote:
I call on the Board to issue a written letter of support for our Coach as well.
Whoa!

When was the last time a Board issued a statement of support for a coach -- "We're right behind him 100%" -- that didn't result in a sudden knifing?

How about we just let the man do his job, and us focus on cheering the boys on.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:36 am

Dave The Man wrote:

how many flags has bucks won us? how many grand finals have we made in bucks' era?

in fairness to your comment, you have another seven years left for something to happen.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:38 am

John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

how many flags has bucks won us? how many grand finals have we made in bucks' era?

EXACTLY the same amount as MM did in his early tenure.

Superficial.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:46 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
I hope he gets the balance right. But if he don't, as a legends member I don't pay hard earned coin for what would be a 6 or 7 season coaching stint that doesn't amount to premiership glory. Collingwood deserves better than that. 3 years ago we were top of the heap. I expect to be there abouts this year, and premiership contender in 2016 & 17. If not then I want coaching change.

Took MM 9 Years to win the Flag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: