Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Magpies crystal ball gazing.!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:07 pm
Post subject: Magpies crystal ball gazing.!Reply with quote

Greetings fellow Nicksters, first thread back from long break, thought id make it lighthearted and do a bit of crystal ball gazing, re the Pies and AFL prospects this season. Heres my sum up of the possiblilties of season 2015, and Id be interested in seeing your opinions and future prospects and thoughts. !

COLLINGWOOD- top 5, I reckon we can do it, if we have good run with injuries. We should win one Final at least, with a very young team. Massive upsides to this young team, a new Golden age beckons for us..!

PREMIERS- Port Adelaide, really impressed me in last Finals, were robbed of a win over the Dawks in Prelim. Very tenacious mob, hungry for a second flag.

BROWNLOW- Scott Pendlebury, biased yes, but hes such a brilliant player, must get one soon.

MOST IMPROVED PIES PLAYER- Jarrod Witts will make great strides this season, hes gonna be something very special ala Sandilands for us.

MOST IMPROVED TEAM- Richmond, will build on great momentum of last season IMHO. Tiges could well make Prelim, maybe.

BIGGEST SLIDE BY TEAM- Geelong, and im tempted to throw in Sydney too. I just reckon Cats will really miss varcoe and Christiansen,and they are an old side, going down fast. All their stars are over 30 now, in the twilight, and cannot be replaced, ie stevie J, Bartel, Duckwood, Lonergan, Taylor, they are direct opposite to us, in many ways. Swans are nearly in same boat, smashed in GF, too Buddy conscience, cant see them winning flag now,

BOGEY TEAM STILL HAWKS FOR US ?, yes, they still will be, but I have a feeling we may start to finally reel the bastards in now, like cats, guys like Hodge, Mitchell, Hale, Roughnut are no spring chickens, time must catch up to these buggers soon.

MOST ANNOYING COMMENTATOR. - Sam Lane, nuff said.

MOST ANNOYING TEAM- Caaaaarlton -who else- closely followed by the Deeees, and St Vomit, same old, same old. LOL

MOST ANNOYING PLAYER- Big Girlieman Hawkins, closely followed by Duckwood, and Daisy must rate a special mention.

ABSOLUTE MONTY- Adam Goodes to allege racial abuse by Rd 10 at latest. AND our own Harry Lumumba, to allege a Melbourne player told a Gay joke by the same round. Harry will then quit football, and head to the Himalayas to join an isolated sect of gurus and monks. Wink
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you back old fella!! Have missed your wise posts. Smile

Port have a great chance, but I pick either Hawks, Freo or Sydney for the flag in 2015.

Collingwood top 5 eh? Hmmnnn...........you are a better man than me Ganga Din......!

I see it as a really great and positive development year with Collingwood losing a few that they should have won (as ALL young developing teams do). They will just miss out on the finals (10-12) but improve enormously to be really competitive for a finals berth in 2016.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm

COLLINGWOOD - 5-8 if things go well, may miss the 8 if things go awry, or climb into the top 4 if all the stars align in our favour.

PREMIERS - Anyone but Hawthorn... well that's not actually true, don't want Essendon, Carlton, Geelong, Sydney, Port, Richmond, North, St Kilda, Freo, GWS, GCS, WCE, Adelaide, Doggies, Dees or Brisbane to win it either... okay, maybe the Doggies wouldn't be too bad.

BROWNLOW - Scott Pendlebury, it's his time!

MOST IMPROVED PIES PLAYER - Jarrod Witts, definitely ready to be unleashed.

MOST IMPROVED TEAM - Pies, 11th into the top 8, can't complain about that.

BIGGEST SLIDE BY TEAM - Freo

BOGEY TEAM STILL HAWKS FOR US ? - Hawks are going to be hard for anyone to beat in 2015, if we do beat them it'll either mean we're on the up or all their aging veterans hit the wall together.

MOST ANNOYING COMMENTATOR - Huddo, closely followed by Dunstall.

MOST ANNOYING TEAM - Tough to split Cats and Hawks, their arogance grates.

MOST ANNOYING PLAYER - Scharenberg, I'm annoyed that we won't see him fully unleashed till 2016.

ABSOLUTE MONTY - Nicks to degenerate into a cestpool of abuse as things hot up during the H&A season.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:44 pm

Can't argue with any of that pnc. Cool
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:04 pm

I think season 2015 will be the opposite to 2014. That is I think we will be lucky to win about 2 -3 games out of the first 10 games. Then as the new players get used to playing with each other and Bucks settles on a game plan that works with the new players, we will start stringing wins together. If we can win about 7 games out of the last 11, I would gauge that a successful season. About 10 wins for the season would get into about ninth position just outside the final eight, which arrests the current slide and sets us up for a successful 2016 season.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:56 pm

Agree on Wittsy. Breakout season beckons

Top 5? Dunno. I'd settle for top 8 at this stage. I just want to see the development that we all know is possible and the finals should take care of themselves.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:02 pm

for teams to slide others need to be on the improve. i predict we'll see the most even year yet and the pundits will be letting us know of this at every opportunity. every team should be capable of winning at least 5-6 games.

i don't think the cats will slide. the swans will get off to their customary slow start and take everyone by surprise as they slowly climb up the ladder, just like they do every year.

i want to see consistency in some of the fringe players so that they are recognised as regulars - players like jt, seedsman, fas.

as for our final ladder position, i'll be happy with a 6-8 finish.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:19 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I think season 2015 will be the opposite to 2014. That is I think we will be lucky to win about 2 -3 games out of the first 10 games. Then as the new players get used to playing with each other and Bucks settles on a game plan that works with the new players, we will start stringing wins together. If we can win about 7 games out of the last 11, I would gauge that a successful season. About 10 wins for the season would get into about ninth position just outside the final eight, which arrests the current slide and sets us up for a successful 2016 season.

oh dear, if we win only two games out of the first ten rounds, the usual suspects on here will be howling in rage for Bucks head on a platter. Rolling Eyes Shocked

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:34 am

Piesnchess wrote:

oh dear, if we win only two games out of the first ten rounds, the usual suspects on here will be howling in rage for Bucks head on a platter. Rolling Eyes Shocked

I fear that THIS particular prediction will be the most accurate as some posters here lack the patience to have a proper shit in a toilet..... Rolling Eyes

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:38 am

Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I fear that THIS particular prediction will be the most accurate as some posters here lack the patience to have a proper shit in a toilet..... Rolling Eyes

Really.... does your post need the highlighted section... the majority of us know what you think and you aren't going to change the views of the minority you're habitually attacking.

Last edited by jackcass on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:25 am
Post subject: Re: Magpies crystal ball gazing.!Reply with quote

COLLINGWOOD - 17th if Essendon field a team from Moonee Ponds tavern but it could still be tight. They have a guy there who used to coach Apollo Bay u16s for 3 years and made the top 4 one year.
These boys won't get many injuries on the track and morale is good.
The AFL will have to introduce extended lists to allow us to field a side given our current injury rate trend.

PREMIERS- West Coast with Wellingham winning Norm Smith.

BROWNLOW- Beams and Daisy tie it and credit Bucks for giving them the opportunity to play their best footy.

MOST IMPROVED PIES PLAYER- Ben Sinclair as he rarely goes in, he will survive the injury carnage and win the Copeland.

MOST IMPROVED TEAM- Melbourne will make the 8 with Hertier and Dawesy tieing their BandF.

ABSOLUTE MONTY- Lazzas head explodes before Round 6.

Wink
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:45 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
COLLINGWOOD - 17th if Essendon field a team from Moonee Ponds tavern but it could still be tight. They have a guy there who used to coach Apollo Bay u16s for 3 years and made the top 4 one year.
These boys won't get many injuries on the track and morale is good.
The AFL will have to introduce extended lists to allow us to field a side given our current injury rate trend.

PREMIERS- West Coast with Wellingham winning Norm Smith.

BROWNLOW- Beams and Daisy tie it and credit Bucks for giving them the opportunity to play their best footy.

MOST IMPROVED PIES PLAYER- Ben Sinclair as he rarely goes in, he will survive the injury carnage and win the Copeland.

MOST IMPROVED TEAM- Melbourne will make the 8 with Hertier and Dawesy tieing their BandF.

Wink

Thankyou ol Jock, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Rolling Eyes Shocked

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:14 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:

At least I have one with a full brain in it...... Rolling Eyes Exclamation

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:52 pm

We have a pretty good draw.

We should make finals.

Magpiebill 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:58 pm

Lazza wrote:

And on cue this poster Lazza makes his usual uncouth appearance to derail what is otherwise a good thread.

I like what you say Piesnchess. Hope you're right. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: