Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What excites you about 2015

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I can't recall a year where we've had so many strongly built and tough new players close to senior selection.

However, I really think our teams improvement will come from the rise and rise of Grundy and Witts. We are blessed in having the 2 most promising young ruckman in the comp. Once they begin to blossom we will become genuine contenders once again.

Agree, theirs is the critical development that needs occur, everything else falls into place after that.

Totally agree. However the process of development will take longer than just the one season in 2015.

Some posters here blaming Buckley for the process taking time are stupid.

It's not 1 season Laz, importantly it's 1 more season in their development.

Not sure the "blaming Bucks" reference is required in every post and especially not in this instance as I can't recall it occuring (despite the fact he's clearly to blame). Lamenting the failure to recruit a mature aged ruckman while Witts and Grundy mature doesn't quite equal blaming Bucks.
Jamie is only 19 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:08 pm

Faz consistantly deliverying up forward where he belongs
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:17 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I can't recall a year where we've had so many strongly built and tough new players close to senior selection.

However, I really think our teams improvement will come from the rise and rise of Grundy and Witts. We are blessed in having the 2 most promising young ruckman in the comp. Once they begin to blossom we will become genuine contenders once again.

Agree, theirs is the critical development that needs occur, everything else falls into place after that.

Totally agree. However the process of development will take longer than just the one season in 2015.

Some posters here blaming Buckley for the process taking time are stupid.

It's not 1 season Laz, importantly it's 1 more season in their development.

Not sure the "blaming Bucks" reference is required in every post and especially not in this instance as I can't recall it occuring (despite the fact he's clearly to blame). Lamenting the failure to recruit a mature aged ruckman while Witts and Grundy mature doesn't quite equal blaming Bucks.

Yeah, fair point Daz.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Agree with all the posters so far, particularly the expected improved development of witts and grundy.
Thought i might go a bit left field with my wishlist for 2015. Im looking forward to watching the improvement of Crisp and / or Karnezis. The expectations on them isnt high, so if they make it as Dekka and co believe, it will give us options that we hadnt really banked on. Plus, what could be better than rubbing the lions nose it if either one or both of those boys were to step up and become automatic selections. We need to find a new diamond in the rough, like Langdon. To have come via Brisbane would be the absolute cream.

Neil - couldnt agree more about the broomhead / didak comparison, except one could really celebrate and the other one needs to learn to.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:41 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Agree with all the posters so far, particularly the expected improved development of witts and grundy.
Thought i might go a bit left field with my wishlist for 2015. Im looking forward to watching the improvement of Crisp and / or Karnezis. The expectations on them isnt high, so if they make it as Dekka and co believe, it will give us options that we hadnt really banked on. Plus, what could be better than rubbing the lions nose it if either one or both of those boys were to step up and become automatic selections. We need to find a new diamond in the rough, like Langdon. To have come via Brisbane would be the absolute cream.

My pick for the improvement from left field (as it was last season) is Tony Armstrong. He will surprise a few I reckon.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:37 pm

If training is any indication, and coaches always tell us it is a great barometer, then we should be very excited about Freeman. This boy has been the standout for me. He's been bullocking, tough, as fast as greased lightning and just keeps delivering the ball forward from stoppages. He doesn't have the poise of De Goey or the beautiful delivery, but he just keeps getting it. He's loud, enthusiastic and confident.

Taylor Adams has been prominent in every session I've seen. He has worked very hard. Crisp, Varcoe and Seedsman have also stood out on the track, but it's another lad that blew me away in his only appearance in match practice and that was Timmy Broomhead. In the session before Christmas, he teamed up with Seedsman and Freeman to totally dominate in the stoppages.

The redeveloped list will probably mean we see De Goey, Maynard and Moore earlier than expected, with De Goey looking the most likely at this stage. Maynard has some mongrel about him and he tackles to hurt.

Smokey? Don't discount Michael Manteit. He's fast, has great endurance, is a very hard worker and is a nice user. Backs himself too.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:37 pm

Agreed about Maynard Apples that lad is a human piledriver with a harsh streak in him. Any player 1v1 with him that wins the ball will carry a reminder of just what it cost Wink

As for Broomy, dear god the lad has the goods and it's about time we got to see them.

Freeman as you say is most likely to break into the 22 first along with De Goo who is as slick and composed as they come.

We won't be challenging for the flag at this stage but given a halfway decent run with injuries we could quite easily maul some sides during the season.

And it's about time we did . . . Collingwood have always been at their best when they have made the opposition feel physically and mentally threatened.

It's time to get on the front foot and make our own luck, sure there will be downtimes but this young team is going to be imposing in a physical way in a short time and it's about time the rest of the league got an understanding of what it will take to beat us.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:27 pm

^Yep. Good thinking, though I'd rather that the rest of the league found itself with no damn clue as to what it will take to beat us. Smile But that's for another year. One step at a time, comrades.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:39 pm

Hopefully Grundy taking the next step
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:25 pm

So true Tannin, build those tanks and frames, get a good tight playing group together that will play for each other when the chips are down and it really counts - that's the difference between a good team and a champion team.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:49 pm

All of the aforementioned to varying degrees for me but I'll add the inclusion to our side of a ready made, tough, disciplined, multi faceted midfielder in Levi Greenwood.

Levi can play a lock down role very well and showed last year he can have an impact with clearances and is a ball magnet who win his own ball.

I was super impressed with his performance in the finals for Norf and as a breakout season his was a ripper. I reckon he'll match that for us even if it takes a few rounds to find his feet and he'll be at the pointy end of the Copeland Trophy count come the end of 2015.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:15 pm

Hope you're right, Flashman. I know very little about Greenwood. It concerns me that he's had only one top-class season. Was that a flash in the pan? Or was he serving notice that he's ready for the big time, year on year? A lot of our established other-club recruits have disappointed. Not counting rejects (who are always a bit of a long shot), Neither White nor Young has managed to cement a spot in the fair-dinkum first-choice 22 despite impressive abilities and reputations, and there have been plenty of others who failed to impress after coming here. On the other hand, Luke Ball was a champion and Paul Medhurst was a gem, so it can happen. I'll watch his performances with interest. Ditto Armstrong (who impressed the better judges late last year), Varcoe, and Crisp.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:00 am

Tannin wrote:
Hope you're right, Flashman. I know very little about Greenwood. It concerns me that he's had only one top-class season. Was that a flash in the pan? Or was he serving notice that he's ready for the big time, year on year? A lot of our established other-club recruits have disappointed. Not counting rejects (who are always a bit of a long shot), Neither White nor Young has managed to cement a spot in the fair-dinkum first-choice 22 despite impressive abilities and reputations, and there have been plenty of others who failed to impress after coming here. On the other hand, Luke Ball was a champion and Paul Medhurst was a gem, so it can happen. I'll watch his performances with interest. Ditto Armstrong (who impressed the better judges late last year), Varcoe, and Crisp.

Even though they're different players and play different positions, I can see parallels between Greenwood and the great Jimmy Clement in regards to where they are at when they've arrived at our club.

Coming to us they're both at a similar age, played a similar number of games, been in the system a similar number of years, both have shown the ability to play at a very high senior level and both seem very undervalued by their respective former clubs.

I think Greenwood will thrive at a club that absolutely wanted him, rates him and (hopefully) already has a definitive role set for him, again like Clement.

This and the young bulls coming through has me very excited about the new era we are entering. I can't wait for the season to begin mate.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:15 am

Always love following the new recruits and like to see how some of the one's i liked in year one back up in year 2, 3, etc.

For example, liked Frost from the first game I saw him play in and was wrapped watching him get games last year, now interested to see if he can take it another step further.

Oxley and Marsh I am keen to see come on this year as well as Freeman and eventually the Shazzaburger.

Broomhead is another.

Basically, just like seeing the young talent develop and build towards a great team.

De Goey and Moore really excite me this year and can't wait to get a look at them.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:12 am

Wokko wrote:
Looking forward to seeing the yank play.

i believe his new aboriginal nickname is canna gonna gotta!

As in "canna kick, canna handball, canna chest mark...but gonna make it (coz i gotta potential)"

In two years, his aboriginal nickname will be still canna gonna!

as in "still canna kick, still canna handball, still canna chest mark...and so Ima gonna"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: