Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Happy Australia Day!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

*ahem* "someone"? That was the one and only Beyonce, lip-synching her way through some atrocious pre-recorded wailing (apparently this kind of vocal gymnastics is the norm for public renditions of our anthem too now, regrettably). Mr. Green

It did strike me that it'd be funny to do a rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner at midday on Australia Day. Perhaps funnier in my head than it would be in real life.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:05 pm

Whats a beyonce? Confused
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:22 pm

^ Stui, i'd guessed that bit, just felt that the song which best sums us up is a pissed test side singing Khe Sanh.

And yep, the ad lib singing on that Beyonce clip, which I have now clicked, was butt-curlingly bad.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Bah! It's just become another day for " cashing in" shops are full of crap with " I luv Australia" blah blah blah blazoned all over them.

I wasn't paying attention and ended up with a roll of paper towels with luv heart I love Australia - really WTF?

Don't see the point, don't see the need and if we must - change the date so it is at least inclusive for all Australians!

As for the lets all sing the anthem at midday Rolling Eyes

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:19 pm

Not a problem, Morrigu. Treasure that roll of towels and find an appropriate use for it. In short, take the wise advice of the immortal Darryl Kerrigan: "this is going straight to the smallest room".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5KbMolsUPA

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:04 am

So, anyone doing this today? You still have four hours to practice (unless, of course, the anthem emerges from your lips at 12pm in a moment of spontaneous patriotic fervor). Razz
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:20 am

Nah. no singing.

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:30 am

Going to my sons house today for drinks, BBQ, games and listen to the Hottest 100. Will be a great day. No singing of the Anthem sorry!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:32 am

Since I don't suppose many of you would fancy adopting "Solid Rock" as the national anthem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef3beK367tA

Here's one that meets all the requirements. Its a song about Australia by someone who can write, who wasn't engaging in jingoistic garbage (because, of course, he isn't Australian) and who knows exactly how to take the pi$$. Best of all, it ends with one of the great guitar and wobble-board duets of all time.

If only Ray had emigrated to Australia with his favourite elder sister Rosie in 1964....
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:29 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Since I don't suppose many of you would fancy adopting "Solid Rock" as the national anthem:

Here's one that meets all the requirements. Its a song about Australia by someone who can write, who wasn't engaging in jingoistic garbage (because, of course, he isn't Australian) and who knows exactly how to take the pi$$. Best of all, it ends with one of the great guitar and wobble-board duets of all time.

If only Ray had emigrated to Australia with his favourite elder sister Rosie in 1964....

Love it, great idea, remember a hot smouldering summers night at some big pub in Frankston, when Goanna were at their peak, the crowd spoiled out not the sand, had a magnificent night!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:34 pm

think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Love it, great idea, remember a hot smouldering summers night at some big pub in Frankston, when Goanna were at their peak, the crowd spoiled out not the sand, had a magnificent night!

Umm, check the link there, that ain't a Goanna song. Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Nah. no singing.

Ditto! Great pic!

Sent the weekend as is tradition, at Port Arlington, great weekend with Pa and his missus and some other friends, back today, and celebrating Australia Day and also my house 5th birthday, with a house full of kids! We moved in 5 years ago today, with no garden, a hole where the pool belonged, and no gas! It was the week before it hit 43 degrees!

Today my eldest is here, her boyfriend, (he must be a good bloke, my poodle loves him! Gotta trust a dog!) and we have just booked the local sportsmans club for her 21st next month, a good old traditional Aussie Buffett, looking out over the bay!

I also have junior and at last count 2 girl friends, and 4-5 blokes, but the door bell is still ringing! Hubby is helping them with the BBQ, and cooking a lamb roast. There is Aussie flags on capes, braces, shirts and shorts!

Life is good

Life is great

God bless Australia, and thankyou for having me.

Sincerely, the Pom!

Cheers

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:41 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Umm, check the link there, that ain't a Goanna song. Wink

AHHHH thankyou kind sir, I should have fecking known, we will have none of that kinky shit here, thanks (was I even born?)

This one please http://youtu.be/Lf0_m5oZW7c

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:50 pm

Happy Australia Day!

Not doing anything for today, but I am mowing lawns and having a beer which is pretty damn Australian imo.

Anyone who wants to call it Invasion Day or Survival Day can go and get $%$ed.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:52 pm

Dave Warner's unofficial Australia's anthem ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNviFAVFvJE

Last edited by 3.14159 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12   

Jump to: