Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The rig on Faz

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlovemanGayfer Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:03 am
Post subject: The rig on FazReply with quote

I took my kids down to training yesterday and got to see lots of Faz running laps. Now as we know Faz takes his look seriously but I can't remember too many other guys who look as ripped as he does at the moment. If I looked like that I'd definitely be into the singlet free running as well.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

and yet no photographic proof Wink
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:21 am

Every year there are posts like this and they usually mean... Sfa. If he is working hard and is fit, then great, but being ripped and suddenly becoming a gun footballer have v little correlation. It's pre season and the Middle of summer... So,They're all in the best aesthetically looking condition of their year ahead. It's what happens from April onwards that really counts.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but Stanley and shakleton were built like brick shithouses, Tex walker looked like Tarzan and Adam iacobucci had a great rig, but look where they all are now...
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:38 am

Do you mean "rig" like I do?
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:54 pm

At the same time, if he is ripped it means he has been working hard to improve his physical conditioning. It is also a reflection of his attitude and determination. What would you rather have? A ripped Faz who looks healthly, fit and focussed or a Faz who has comeback into full training looking a little out of condition.
GlovemanGayfer Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:02 pm

cityslick1 wrote:
Every year there are posts like this and they usually mean... Sfa. If he is working hard and is fit, then great, but being ripped and suddenly becoming a gun footballer have v little correlation. It's pre season and the Middle of summer... So,They're all in the best aesthetically looking condition of their year ahead. It's what happens from April onwards that really counts.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but Stanley and shakleton were built like brick shithouses, Tex walker looked like Tarzan and Adam iacobucci had a great rig, but look where they all are now...

Just to be clear I never once mentioned the boys ability to kick a football or get a possession. It was merely an observation. Sorry to have prickled your cactus!
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:42 pm

Thanks for the thread Faz
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:58 pm

Sorry mate, wasn't having a crack, & you are correct, it was just an observation. It's just a bugbear of mine and I'm used to years of telling my mates the same thing when they used to beam during the summer months that player x from Carlton or essendon was looking tip top, (ohailpin for example) and was therefore due to take over the world.

So yes, I'm sure he'll be getting plenty of value from the tank top look down at the open air St kilda bars right about now... but I'd be a lot more impressed if he cements a spot in our best 22 and kicks 30+ goals this year.

Go pies
Gone Critical 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:04 pm

cityslick1 wrote:

Think you are missing the point. Stanley, Shackleton and Iacobucci were not great footballers so being fit and rigged up didn't help

Faz was a real young talent who burst onto the scene in 2011-12 and was one of the best from his draft. A Hine special. That he is up and about and looking fit after 2 seasons riddled by injury is big news.

People forget pretty quickly but he showed far more in his 1st 2 seasons than say a Kennedy or Broomhead has. Get ready for him to be big in 2015 if he stays fit. He and Elliott as our 2 main small forwards will be a handful
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:57 pm

Won't help Mr October 2015 "trade bait"
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:28 pm

Big news..? What did you expect him to look like at this time of year...

He's also italian, so imo will always be more tanned and have slightly more muscle mass than your average white Anglo Saxon dude.

As I said, great that he's disciplined and working hard, but go down to any club's training sessions at this time of year and show me one third or fourth year player that doesn't look in tip top nick.

I'll give you two that never used to be though... Mick mcguane and tony lockett. Mick hated the gym and plugger was never ripped. Didn't hurt them too much though.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:37 am

Jesus $£$%^%%$ christ can't we just be happy the kid is OBVIOUSLY putting in the hard work and trying to be a better player, instead of trying to belittle this fact.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:23 pm

OEP wrote:
Jesus $£$%^%%$ christ can't we just be happy the kid is OBVIOUSLY putting in the hard work and trying to be a better player, instead of trying to belittle this fact.

I'm happy OEP. Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:12 pm

Me too but I really really REALLY want a pic!
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:42 pm

happy that he can't win a contest or be fit for 22 weeks??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: