Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Support Bucks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
I prefer him to then Bloody MM

how many flags has bucks won us? how many grand finals have we made in bucks' era?

in fairness to your comment, you have another seven years left for something to happen.

We won the Flag because of Buck’s coming up with the Pressure Tackling Game Plan.

We won despite of MM

Also Bringing in Ball and Jolly helped a lot and they where Brought in because MM was Moving over for Bucks

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:52 am

Not as many as you might think.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:49 pm

I heard some where that MM and Balme were at odds with each other before he
headed down the highway to the Cattery.
MM it was rumoured thought NB to close to players ,well his "closeness" method
appeared to add to Cats sucsess.
Watching Balmey he comes across as glad to be back with us and IMHO he is
just the hands on support Bucks needs
Two additions for mine Burnsy and Balme
Lets all get behind them

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:26 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Loved Shaw as a player, premiership captain and person. End of the day you can be the greatest bloke with all the great intensions in the world but if you don't get results, or implement a game style thats fairly atrocious, you won't last as a coach.

I want bucks to succeed more than anything. He tweaked the gameplan in 2012/13 and did pretty well.

It has also been rumoured that he instructed fitness staff to lift the training loads since 2011 pre season as he thought MM was too soft on players. If thats true, then its completely backfired. And in 2014 he decided to implement a handpass happy gameplan that backfired completely. When we floundered using handpass, we resorted to the kick first mentality which was always when we looked most dangerous. I find it strange that bucks was a kick first player yet is a handpass happy coach.

I hope he gets the balance right. But if he don't, as a legends member I don't pay hard earned coin for what would be a 6 or 7 season coaching stint that doesn't amount to premiership glory. Collingwood deserves better than that. 3 years ago we were top of the heap. I expect to be there abouts this year, and premiership contender in 2016 & 17. If not then I want coaching change.

Regardless of what you did for the club as a player, if the coach isn't capable of coaching a premiership, then you have to find someone who is.

I hope this views such as this is NOT majority thinking here. Totally unrealistic expectations after just 3 seasons as coach when MM had 10 bloody years to get us one flag. Unbelievable claptrap in fact.

If Buck's has had only one flag in 10 years I would possibly (conditionally) agree but this is utter bloody stupidity to not give him time to achieve what you believe that your particular hard earned should deliver in 2 years just for you.

You can always give your hard earned to another club and leave Collingwood to achieve success according to their own plan, not be under enormous pressure to deliver a flag in 2016 just for the likes of you. Rolling Eyes

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:37 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Just exactly what part of " Rebuilding " is it, that the detractors dont understand. In fairness, people have a right to spend their hard earned money as they see fit. Pity that money cant buy patience.

THIS!! OMG....THIS! Hear! Hear!!

The Buckley haters, stop bloody whinging about your royal right to be entitled to some achievement with that born to rule mentality of the tory types. You don't want to spend your money on Collingwood? Go spend it somewhere else and direct THEM what to do with your precious golden loot.

Let Buck's achieve success the way he is planning to do and the rest of us can see that in his recruiting. The vast majority here support this.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:42 pm

John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
I prefer him to then Bloody MM

how many flags has bucks won us? how many grand finals have we made in bucks' era?

in fairness to your comment, you have another seven years left for something to happen.

As many as MM had in his first 3 years.

This crap should be written after Buck's has had AT LEAST 7 years, not a mere 3. Otherwise we will become yet another St Kilda or Richmond and have as much success as they have had recently... Rolling Eyes

uncanny 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:59 pm

yes Hiss
Stick with Nathan
we'll be right

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:36 am

droversdog65 wrote:
KM that's a very shallow look at things - especially since you seem to be basing your views and proposed actions on TOTALLY unsubstantiated rumours and innuendos.

And attempting to link Buckley's tenure with Shaw's is a pretty ordinary act in my opinion.

As for kicks versus handpasses - 2 seconds contemplation of our playing list will show that until we can get the kicking players we drafted in the last few years on the park we need to handpass more than before because we turn it over by poor foot skills.

As for your comment about Legends members deserving better than a 6 or 7 year coaching stint without success - what the hell did you imagine Mick went through??? Whithout the injuries, without the line coaches being poached and without the infantile player defections. I hope you were ranting just as hard then but somehow I doubt it.

A superficial and impatient response at best.

We'll agree to disagree. I don't think my view is shallow at all and linking shaw to buckley is not an ordinary act. I'm giving u a comparison of a loyal club man that was giving the coaching role way too early instead of going to another club to learn the trade and returning to collingwood as a legitimate coach.

I'm demonstrating to you how shallow your blind faith is. Blind faith and ridiculous investment in former players egos cost us flags from 58 to 89 and almost lead to the club folding in the 80's. You seem to want to follow bucks blindly no matter how good or bad his coaching is.

I'm open minded. I said he coached well in 2012/13. But its fact that his 2014 was ordinary. He, like the players, needs to improve dramatically in 2015.

Haha a 2 seconds contemplation of our playing list will show you that we have more skilled kickers than at any time under the MM era. My post was not meant to be MM v Bucks.

I was critical of MM durinng his tenure too. Just as I praised his positives. I'm not going to blindly follow any coach just cause he won a flag in 2010 or captained the club. I'll evaluate the pros and cons and make a balance assessment on every season. If there is a better coach to be had, my position is why don't we poach them?

As for my opinion being based on "rumours" etc haha You seriously think there is no correlation between bucks taking over and injuries going up? And then buttifant leaving and soft tissue going through the roof. FFS a future club champion (Freeman) ripped his hammie off the bone in a NAB cup game. It better not lead to further injury down the track due to the clubs incompetence in 2013/14 pre season.

Like I said, I hope Bucks turns it around. We have alot of talent at the club and if bucks can modify the game plan (just as the players are expected to improve) then that will be fantastic. If bucks can inspire the playing group to a flag or at least a serious contender over next 3 seasons then he'll prove himself deserving of the role.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:51 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
I hope he gets the balance right. But if he don't, as a legends member I don't pay hard earned coin for what would be a 6 or 7 season coaching stint that doesn't amount to premiership glory. Collingwood deserves better than that. 3 years ago we were top of the heap. I expect to be there abouts this year, and premiership contender in 2016 & 17. If not then I want coaching change.

Took MM 9 Years to win the Flag

My opinion was not meant to trigger MM v Bucks debate. But if you want to talk about it MM was there abouts in 02,03,06,07,08,09,10 &11 wasn't he? Thats a fair run. Tell me the last pies coach to do that?

The fact you guys don't believe its in Collingwood's best interest to win flags instead of accepting mediocrity is astounding considering the shit we been through since 58. Its not a tory ideology. I don't deem it a right. I show a different opinion about bucks' 2014 and his training regime since he took over and you pork chops carry on like I'm Margret Thatcher.. It has nothinng to do anything other than wanting Collingwood to have the best employees and to be the best.

If you want mediocrity go support St Kilda.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:09 am

Has someone hacked hiss log in password
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:45 am

Hiss has missed his calling and would have made an excellent member of the Liberal Party... perhaps party president? He has the backflipping and lying credentials along with the mean divisive mindset.

He seems to be creating multiple personalities... perhaps due to the absence of his old ally Jack?

Re the Bucks tenure - he has perfomed below par as a coach IMO. I am an optimist one eyed pie supporter and I am certainly not wishing for MM to return etc however I think there has been worrying signs with Bucks as coach. Our gameplan and basic structures such as kick-outs are very poor along with our overall transition footy and by the end of the year our pressure was shocking. The handball happy game looked messy and ineffective. We needed more positive football and attacking flair but instead we went to far with overuse of handballing and lacked real penetration and support for each other - selfish and lazy too often. Of course injuries have played a massive role in Buckley's inability to have the team perform at the requried level, however this year needs to highlight that we are heading in the right direction!

Ten goal thrashings at the hands of the bummers eagles and Brions were shocking - the attitude was wrong the fight was pathetic. I am not sure if we can make the 8 this year - we are rebuilding and will rely on kids to lift - but the gameplan and the intensity needs to be there. I am backing and hoping Bux will work it out and the PIes will be a tough game in 2015 for any team and a genuine flag contender in 2016 - but I don't think it is unfair to look back over 2014 and even 2013 and query the perfomance of the coach.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:20 am

barrybc41 wrote:
I heard some where that MM and Balme were at odds with each other before he
headed down the highway to the Cattery.
MM it was rumoured thought NB to close to players ,well his "closeness" method
appeared to add to Cats sucsess.
Watching Balmey he comes across as glad to be back with us and IMHO he is
just the hands on support Bucks needs
Two additions for mine Burnsy and Balme
Lets all get behind them

I am also happy to see NB back

It was never going to work with MM as he always wanted to be the focal point and he resented anyone who shared the spotlight from the players perspective. NB is a great addition to our coaching and support team
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:39 am

So did all this occur before or after we won 8 of our first 11 in 2014 ?
Simplistic comment, i know but thats a good enough foundation for me to give him fair time to do his job.
Magpiebill 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:11 pm

yin-YANG wrote:

He seems to be creating multiple personalities... perhaps due to the absence of his old ally Jack?

Or Hiss could have been Jack or Collie Dog etc. all along. Idea Laughing

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:12 pm

Need to back Buckley in for the next 2 years at least, give him time to gel the style of players that he has got Hine to collect over the last 3 seasons draft.

Much bigger focus on kicking skills, aggression and pace then what MM wanted.

MM was ok with average disposers so long as the had a willingness to work hard and follow his instruction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: