Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training Report: Wednesday Jan 14

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

droversdog65 wrote:
Loki Broomy is 'sneaky fast' some people can really motor along without seeming to expend that much effort.

Yeah I knew he had pace but surprised he usurped Freeman.

Anyone know Broomys 20m time must be bloody quick.

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:53 am

droversdog65 wrote:
Loki Broomy is 'sneaky fast' some people can really motor along without seeming to expend that much effort.

Yeah I knew he had pace but surprised he usurped Freeman.

Anyone know Broomys 20m time must be bloody quick.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:56 am

Or what?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:32 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
Interesting observation you make about Broomhead and Pendlebury. Broomhead has been a topic of conversation at my place a bit this pre-season. Today we discussed Tim's ability in close with ball in hand. We spoke about his poise and his vision and his fine decision making. We've seen him only once this pre-season in full match practice, but he really impressed, so much so that one good judge in our house compared him to Pendles.

Too early to tell of course but it did have me scurrying to my scrap book to compare their records. Pendles played 9 games in his first year and was a Copeland runner-up in his second. Tim was ill and injured for most of his first two years. We reckon he's ready to shine.

And you've flagged the other aspect of Broomy's game that excites me. He is clearly best suited to an outside role where he can exploit his pace and skill, but equally he doesn't hesitate to put his head over the ball and take contact, his inside work is very solid. That is in fact why I made the "build strength" reference as I worry about him putting such a light frame in harms way.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:54 am

jackcass wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
Interesting observation you make about Broomhead and Pendlebury. Broomhead has been a topic of conversation at my place a bit this pre-season. Today we discussed Tim's ability in close with ball in hand. We spoke about his poise and his vision and his fine decision making. We've seen him only once this pre-season in full match practice, but he really impressed, so much so that one good judge in our house compared him to Pendles.

Too early to tell of course but it did have me scurrying to my scrap book to compare their records. Pendles played 9 games in his first year and was a Copeland runner-up in his second. Tim was ill and injured for most of his first two years. We reckon he's ready to shine.

And you've flagged the other aspect of Broomy's game that excites me. He is clearly best suited to an outside role where he can exploit his pace and skill, but equally he doesn't hesitate to put his head over the ball and take contact, his inside work is very solid. That is in fact why I made the "build strength" reference as I worry about him putting such a light frame in harms way.

Here is an early prediction, Broomy will win the Brownlow within the next 5-6 years. He is going to be a gun.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:12 am

I haven't been to any training session, so am totally reliant on Neil and others reports, but I'm a little disappointed that Kennedy does not seem to be 'starring' at training. Given he was such a high draft pick 2 years ago, I was hoping this preseason would see him really shine and go on and have a terrific 2015. Of course that may still happen, but with a mid field group of Pendles, Swan, Sidey, Broomhead, Freeman, Adams, Greenwood and probably Elliott already ahead of him in the midfield pecking order, I reckon he needs to absolutely star over the preseason (especially in practice games) if he is to establish his place in our team. Still, its good that there's so much competition for spots.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:19 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Here is an early prediction, Broomy will win the Brownlow within the next 5-6 years. He is going to be a gun.

Got me excited for a minute there, but didn't you make that prediction for Kyle Martin?😀

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:26 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Got me excited for a minute there, but didn't you make that prediction for Kyle Martin?��

No not me sir!! I thought Martin was a reasonable player but wasn't too fussed about him moving to Noble Park. The fact that no other AFL club picked him in either draft confirmed my view that as Jack Dyer would have said, he was a good ordinary player.

However my prediction for Broomy is not solely based on your fantastic training reports Neil. It is a feeling I garnered watching him in a few VFL and senior games he has played in. He has that special "right stuff" to be a champion based on class, attitude, dedication and talent.

So get excited again dude!!! Laughing

Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:16 pm

^Just on Martin, you can't pick a player that's not in the draft. He retired, not just quit the pies.

Unless you're talking about his draft year, in which case he was always going to be a rookie at best due to his limited time in the system.

The kid easily had the talent to make it, just not the drive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: