Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training Report: Wednesday Jan 14

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maynard has done all of his summer training with the main group until yesterday. Suspect he has a minor injury as he didn't look to be limping or in any way restricted.

Club has said Nothing so it be nothing Huge. So could be a small niggle or something different to his Training Load because of something like that

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:49 am

Nice work Neil. A level of detail which only comes with great powers of concentration!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:11 am

Thanks again Neil.
The Weed 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:04 pm

Thanks Neil, how was Swany's kicking? I guess anything that went in the air would be an improvement on last year.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:59 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Morning Neil, Appreciate your time in putting a report in.

I did love Cox wins by standing there. Justin Madden MKII Shocked

You're welcome Culprit. Coxy is a huge man and all the more so when you see him beside Witts and Grundy. The special ruck session was, I think, teaching him how not to be pushed off balance and so out of the contest. When he got his feet and thus weight, in the right position, Grundy had to try and drag him out of the action which was pinged by the umpire.
If the club can achieve turning him into even an average player he will be an absolute bonus allowing others to play forward or back. He is fit, eager to learn and to me that's all going in the right direction. You can't replicate match conditioning and in my view he needs that physicality a lot more. Once again great report and I appreciate your time.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:15 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Morning Neil, Appreciate your time in putting a report in.

I did love Cox wins by standing there. Justin Madden MKII Shocked

You're welcome Culprit. Coxy is a huge man and all the more so when you see him beside Witts and Grundy. The special ruck session was, I think, teaching him how not to be pushed off balance and so out of the contest. When he got his feet and thus weight, in the right position, Grundy had to try and drag him out of the action which was pinged by the umpire.

An esteemed poster here named E says that all Yanks can’t kick to save themselves. How was Cox's kicking? Can E be proved to be wrong?

And is Karnezis showing signs of improving his fitness?

I add my thanks too.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:25 pm

Thanks Neil and may you never get an ugly camel
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:16 pm

Mossi wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Broomhead has trained alone for almost the entire summer. He joined the main group only once from my memory and that was when he totally dominated stoppages and every sprint. Since then he has returned to training alone. Yesterday and last week, this meant doing heaps of 100 metre sprints alternating 100 metre jogs.

I'm itching to see an actual match practice though.
Will Seedsman take his place in the middle? All his training suggests he will.
Will Crisp play HBF? Again, this is where he has been doing the drills.
Will Lachie Keeffe finally get a run in the ruck? Bucks said no this time last year when I asked him, but yesterday he trained with the ruckmen.
Will Varcoe be our long overdue Medhurst-type goal kicking crumber? He looks mighty silky running around the forward line.

Neil, you got any suggestions why Broomy is training alone?... character thing or wanting to avoid contact for a while longer due to his broken arm issue.
The rest of your observations are making a lot of readers itching for your match practice session reports as well. Thanks again.

That's a sweeping conclusion

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:18 pm

Sounds very handsome.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:18 pm

think positive wrote:

That's a sweeping conclusion

He doesn't need encouraging but another log on the fire won't hurt! Smile
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:46 pm

Sensational report Neil.

....and may your camels be good looking. Wink
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:48 pm

Thanks Neil. Fantastic report. It is good to be in the loop mainly due to your efforts.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:14 pm

Mossi wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Broomhead has trained alone for almost the entire summer. He joined the main group only once from my memory and that was when he totally dominated stoppages and every sprint. Since then he has returned to training alone. Yesterday and last week, this meant doing heaps of 100 metre sprints alternating 100 metre jogs.

I'm itching to see an actual match practice though.
Will Seedsman take his place in the middle? All his training suggests he will.
Will Crisp play HBF? Again, this is where he has been doing the drills.
Will Lachie Keeffe finally get a run in the ruck? Bucks said no this time last year when I asked him, but yesterday he trained with the ruckmen.
Will Varcoe be our long overdue Medhurst-type goal kicking crumber? He looks mighty silky running around the forward line.

Neil, you got any suggestions why Broomy is training alone?... character thing or wanting to avoid contact for a while longer due to his broken arm issue.
The rest of your observations are making a lot of readers itching for your match practice session reports as well. Thanks again.

My match-day analysis is usually pretty crap Mossi, but last pre season I did predict that a certain new bloke looked OK and reminded me of Robbie Flower; that was Langdon. But then again, I also predicted a very bright future for Jono Marsh and that looks like a bad call thus far.

partypie 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:26 pm

Thanks Neil, and you are hopefully proved correct about Johno Marsh. The club must also think he has a future having signed him up for another two years a year early.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:30 pm

The Weed wrote:
Thanks Neil, how was Swany's kicking? I guess anything that went in the air would be an improvement on last year.

Answering a few questions:
I didn't take too much notice to be honest. He ran over and asked to be allowed to join the kicking group and changed into boots. I watched him take his spot and was so excited I forgot to record anything further.

Karnezis will never be a stellar trainer in my view. He still may prove to be a decent burst player through the middle, but I reckon the club would be hoping he can settle into being a third tall.

Broomhead isn't injured as far as I can tell. He has mostly trained alone. When he was unleashed he was sensational. I'm not kidding when I say he dominated clearances with his summer star buddy, Nathan Freeman. He then turned to sprint work and dominated that too, winning every single race.

Since then he has gone back to training alone and most of this has been sprint work, not conditioning laps. This suggests that the club has him earmarked for centreline duties. They are building the Broomhead tank. If this is successful imagine what an acquisition he could be; a gut-running mid with the elite ability to work his way through traffic with that unique vision in close a la Pendlebury. I have high hopes for Timmy Broomhead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: