Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Hamburger - salad below or above meat?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The construction of the perfect hamburger
Salad goes first then meat etc on top
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Meat goes first, salad on top
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
Either way is fine, now I'm hungry damn you
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting, the McDonalds Big Mac has the lettuce (and cheese) under the meat

...but the rest of their burgers have the salad ingredients on top.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:32 am

Mugwump wrote:
Alternatively, shave off beard, disregard the making of a large mess on your chin, and wash face afterwards. Eating hamburgers piecemeal is just so not the point.

And mayonnaise in hamburgers is clearly a political issue, insofar as it should be banned by law.

Yup,

That's just gross Tannin, it's abuse

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:55 am

The Seedsmeister wrote:
This is interesting, the McDonalds Big Mac has the lettuce (and cheese) under the meat ..but the rest of their burgers have the salad ingredients on top.

We were talking about hamburgers, Seedmeister. Do please try to stay on topic.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:57 am

I have never heard about The rest of their burgers have the salad ingredients on top .
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:07 am

But seeing as you diverted the thread already, I could point out that lots of people (me included) always eat a Big Mac upside down. This might have to do with the old" taste buds on the top of the tongue" rule, but then there is also the old "McChucks pseudo-bread isn't tough enough to keep the filling on the inside and out of your lap" rule. If you don't want it dripping quasi-sauce on your clean shirt, turn it upside down.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:12 am

Mugwump wrote:
Alternatively, shave off beard, disregard the making of a large mess on your chin, and wash face afterwards.

Oh dear. There is only one thing you should ever, ever eat in that manner, Mugwump - although you generally shouldn't wash your face afterwards, you know, not straight away, 'coz for the next few hours the lingering scent of pussy will serve as a reminder and keep a quiet smile on your face.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:48 am

Tannin wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Alternatively, shave off beard, disregard the making of a large mess on your chin, and wash face afterwards.

Oh dear. There is only one thing you should ever, ever eat in that manner, Mugwump - although you generally shouldn't wash your face afterwards, you know, not straight away, 'coz for the next few hours the lingering scent of pussy will serve as a reminder and keep a quiet smile on your face.

You might be right, there - I'll, er, have to check and get back you. Shocked

bucksisgod Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:21 am

Happy to advise you are all doing it wrong.

Buttering the buns, quickly shoving the meat in and squirting mayonnaise may be a quality Saturday night in Tocumwal but it is not how to construct a hamburger.

Toasted Bun
Lettuce
Tomato
Beetroot
High quality ground beef pattie
Onion
Cheese
Sauce
Bacon

Lid that bastard with a toasted sesame seed bun and it will put enough lead in your pencil to transcribe a pietillidie post. Maybe not in full though. Smile

Those who do not abide by this method are to be considered godless heathens.

This recipe can be found in ancient Buddhist scriptures, the Bible ( McDonalds 25:17) and the Koran/Quran*

* It is true Muhammad prefers his without bacon but he loves his burgers nonetheless. Grease be upon him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:52 am

Is the Onion cooked or raw?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:02 am

Peters By the Sea, Scarborough beach front, have made their burgers the same since 1954.... Thick toast, sweet mustard pickles, tomato sauce, fried onions and topped with their home made mince pattie.
I cruise down for one every time I'm on my week off. Been eating them since the 70's Cool

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 pm

THIS is a burger
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000455328/article/packers-sell-35-pound-big-game-burger-at-lambeau
And it's made correctly.
Can't believe P4S hasn't already posted this.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:36 pm

Skids wrote:
Peters By the Sea, Scarborough beach front, have made their burgers the same since 1954.... Thick toast, sweet mustard pickles, tomato sauce, fried onions and topped with their home made mince pattie.
I cruise down for one every time I'm on my week off. Been eating them since the 70's Cool

We holidayed in Scarborough when I was a kid, got some old grainy pics somewhere

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:52 pm

think positive wrote:
Skids wrote:

We holidayed in Scarborough when I was a kid, got some old grainy pics somewhere

Best burger I've ever had was from Culleys in Fremantle.

http://www.culleys.com.au

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Bloody hell, there are some "interesting" views on here.

Buckisgod, give yourself an uppercut and go to the nearest milk bar and ask for some Potato cakes. Not scallops, potato cakes, to have with your properly built Burger with the meat on the bottom where it belongs. You have been in Sydney way too long, next thing you'll be wearing those arseless chaps and beret out in public.

Tannin Tannin Tannin, comparing muff diving with burger munching. Oh Dear. While your..."technique" wins definite points for enthusiasm the fact that you haven't yet had your neck snapped by an indignant lady asking you to treat it like the gourmet meal that is is rather than diving in like a pig into a bucket of slops suggests more good luck and/or lack of varied opportunity than any particular skill.

Part of the joy of eating the perfect burger is being able to take in, in each bite, a variety of tastes and textures. If the burger is too tall to eat, cut it in half, turn it sideways, and put the corner in your mouth.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Bloody hell, there are some "interesting" views on here.

Buckisgod, give yourself an uppercut and go to the nearest milk bar and ask for some Potato cakes. Not scallops, potato cakes, to have with your properly built Burger with the meat on the bottom where it belongs. You have been in Sydney way too long, next thing you'll be wearing those arseless chaps and beret out in public.

Tannin Tannin Tannin, comparing muff diving with burger munching. Oh Dear. While your..."technique" wins definite points for enthusiasm the fact that you haven't yet had your neck snapped by an indignant lady asking you to treat it like the gourmet meal that is is rather than diving in like a pig into a bucket of slops suggests more good luck and/or lack of varied opportunity than any particular skill.

Part of the joy of eating the perfect burger is being able to take in, in each bite, a variety of tastes and textures. If the burger is too tall to eat, cut it in half, turn it sideways, and put the corner in your mouth.

Then we need another poll on the Bunnings type fund raising saugage sizzles, onions, mustard, cheese tomato or BBQ sauce so many options.
How do we eat it, do we get it in the mouth without letting the teeth touch the meat, if we bite off more than we can chew if we do we swallow or spit?

So many options.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: