Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

5150 wrote:
I bought a Jeep...

And nobody gave a fu@k...

have you suddenly become a late 20's single, unwanted female?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:54 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Went to the funeral of my old work mate who died last week from MND. Gees, seeing the recent pics of him, he was still so vibrant and fit. He was only 56. I remember at the last reunion about 5 years ago, he looked good. So sad, his wife and two daughters about the same age as mine.... Talking to the guys afterwards, one guy, 49 has moved back in with his ex, as she has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, and it's already in her liver. She's on borrowed time, they have a nine year old daughter. Asked how she was coping "yeah not as, a boy in her class died of leukaemia last year, and he lost his hair before when he had chemo, so yeah she understands a bit ......". OMG.

hug your loved ones, don.t hold too many grudges if you don't need to, think "is it worth it?' Don't hang around with people who just drag you down. Life really is too short.

Whilst it was a sad day, it was so good to see the guys again. Weve all changed, all got older, but it's so weird, we all just get along like time has stood still! They all recognise me, (even without my overalls on!) I struggled with a couple of names! The next reunion is in October, and I can't wait!

I may drive a cute little VW but my heart will always be in a Holden!

Cheers. RIP Aldo Schiano, thanks for the memories. Xxxx

Very sad TP.

Cheers mate, thanks xx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:
Went to the funeral of my old work mate who died last week from MND. Gees, seeing the recent pics of him, he was still so vibrant and fit. He was only 56. I remember at the last reunion about 5 years ago, he looked good. So sad, his wife and two daughters about the same age as mine.... Talking to the guys afterwards, one guy, 49 has moved back in with his ex, as she has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, and it's already in her liver. She's on borrowed time, they have a nine year old daughter. Asked how she was coping "yeah not as, a boy in her class died of leukaemia last year, and he lost his hair before when he had chemo, so yeah she understands a bit ......". OMG.

hug your loved ones, don.t hold too many grudges if you don't need to, think "is it worth it?' Don't hang around with people who just drag you down. Life really is too short.

Whilst it was a sad day, it was so good to see the guys again. Weve all changed, all got older, but it's so weird, we all just get along like time has stood still! They all recognise me, (even without my overalls on!) I struggled with a couple of names! The next reunion is in October, and I can't wait!

I may drive a cute little VW but my heart will always be in a Holden!

Cheers. RIP Aldo Schiano, thanks for the memories. Xxxx

That's very sad to hear TP.

Thanks Jezza, cheers xxx

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:06 am

Just learned that my grandfather died tonight. Had a heart attack and passed away in the hospital. He did well to make it to 77; smoked heavily and didn't have a particularly healthy diet. We weren't that close, but it's saddening to think that I won't see him again. I feel bad for my mother, too, and my grandmother – will be a hard time for both of them.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:17 am

Sorry for your loss. Hope he didn't suffer mate. Cheers xxx
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:21 am

Sorry to hear that David - at least it seems it was quick and painless - reckon that is the best you can hope for Sad
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:55 am

Condolences David.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:32 pm

Sorry to hear that David! Condolences to you and your family!
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:46 pm

Hearing an attractive woman in my office talk about how another male workmate went over to Adelaide with his father last night to watch the Pies play Port. It made me sad because I never knew my Dad and wished I had had a relationship with a father who I could’ve done things with. It also made me sad because she seemed to know a little bit too much about what this male workmate gets up to in his spare time. But that was probabaly more jealousy than sadnes.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:01 pm

I have an extra daughter, not sure how long for. Her dads a mean drunk, he's chucked her out a couple of times, she usually goes to Nan's, but Nan's not doing to well so I put my hand up. Last time it was because she stuck up for her mum when he started getting nasty. This time, she's off to study overseas, he doesn't think she's done enough in organizing the trip! The kid has worked her butt off to finance a lot of it, found accommodation and a school, but apparently she didn't know enough about visas or something stupid. She's a good kid. I just don't get it. I don't get the mum, I'd choose my kid.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:05 pm

Where did you get extra daughter not sure how long for ?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:27 pm

Stork
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:00 pm

think positive wrote:
I have an extra daughter, not sure how long for. Her dads a mean drunk, he's chucked her out a couple of times, she usually goes to Nan's, but Nan's not doing to well so I put my hand up. Last time it was because she stuck up for her mum when he started getting nasty. This time, she's off to study overseas, he doesn't think she's done enough in organizing the trip! The kid has worked her butt off to finance a lot of it, found accommodation and a school, but apparently she didn't know enough about visas or something stupid. She's a good kid. I just don't get it. I don't get the mum, I'd choose my kid.

Good on ya, and good luck with it. Hopefully your opinion of the kid holds true and you don't develop a sudden understanding of the parents view.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:12 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:

Good on ya, and good luck with it. Hopefully your opinion of the kid holds true and you don't develop a sudden understanding of the parents view.

Haha, yeah I've known her a long time, she's done a fair few over nighters; when I picked junior up from the girls 16th birthday party, the father was so drunk he was falling down the steps! Even sober, he's an odd bugger. She saw her mum today, and I think she's trying to work something out. I would not be at all surprised if the guy is an undiagnosed schizophrenic or something. Scary, he has his own plane! Both of my kids have had the odd feral friend, this one is alright, she has lovely manners, and she always always comes over and says hi if she sees me. Oh, and she's a magpie!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:36 pm

hah.

Just saying, I've seen a lot of my kids friends over the years, had a few times when they were apparently copping grief at home.

Always keep in mind there's 3 sides to every story.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 6 of 70   

Jump to: