Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
no idea either, but gees imagine living with that last name.

I didn't notice till you said. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bit like a Kiwi Cricketer, Bob Cunis who a commentator once described his bowling as being like his name, neither one thing or the other. Razz Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:19 pm

I'm officially fkn old, my Son turned 30 today
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I'm officially fkn old, my Son turned 30 today

hhappy birthday to him!

nothing wrong with getting older, it sure beats the alternative!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:51 pm

I seriously don’t know who to barrack forin this game, I mean Nadal is just, well, phewwwwww, but nick cried over Canberra, and those tears for Kobe, and he’s trying not to be super brat...not entirely succeeding!

No idea what thread to use! I guess the whole rash thing today... what a shock, lebron breaks his record a day earlier, and he’s all class, yeah I know about the me too thing, I also know he has granted over 200 make a wish dreams out of his own pocket for sick kids. And his gorgeous 13 year old...

Go Nadal! Oh wait, he’s married now and the hair is receding., cmon Aussie! Cheers, this man flu has me delirious!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:37 pm

Skids wrote:
think positive wrote:
Skids wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Using live possums for greyhound training. FFS close this barbarism down. We don’t need greyhound racing & while we’re at it close down horse racing. Give the cruel animal gambling industry 5-7 years to wind down then get rid of it.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-13/greyhound-trainers-suspended-after-allegedly-using-live-bait/11699434?pfmredir=sm

So what happens to the 30,000+ registered racehorses in Australia, the 3,600 trainers, the 1000 jockeys, the farriers, the vets, the employees at the 360 race courses and the others indirectly employed in the industry?

There's almost $20 billion wagered annually (the government skim around 15% of that).
It's the 3rd most attended sport in Australia after AFL & NRL.

You can't just 'get rid' of it.

maybe itds a step too far, but certainly it needs a massive step up in regulations and checks. in a perfect world that would be it, but then so many animals would not have life if not for racing etc. but we need to do it so much better. money is not a good reason to keep up cruel practices.

Totally agree. The majority of the horses (and I assume dogs) are treated with a heap of love and care, the one or two clowns who do the wrong thing give the whole game a bad image.... it's the same in everything.
It's funny how people can have an opinion, without probably even being anywhere near a stable in their life.

I've part owned 5 race horses and am currently involved in another (we just spent $3.5k getting a throat issue fixed). All 5 that have retired are still kicking around, we made sure we found good homes for them. I went and saw old Joyous Harmony the last time I was in Geraldton and she is having a great post racing life on a farm up there, she gets taken down the beach at least once a week and lives a cruisy life.

If racing were to stop, most of those 30,000+ horses would end up at the abattoir, so who would win out of that scenario?

long way to go it seems

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Coach/Toowoomba-Horses-739109789566023/

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:52 pm

Holden is dead.

General Motors has decided to not just cease manufacturing in Aus but to stop producing right hand drive cars all together. They'll withdraw from the market here and the Holden name is consigned to history.

Most Aussies of my vintage grew up being either Holden or Ford with no cross over. I grew up in a Ford family but through circumstances actually owned more Holdens than Fords and liked them both.

It's interesting that the Holden supporters would claim it was the Australian car, yet Ford manufactured cars here more than 20 years before Holden and General Motors bought the Holden name years before the first Holden rolled off the assembly line in 1948.

With the car market 75% left hand drive, this may become an issue

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:02 pm

My first and most favourite employer, to this day I have so many fond memories, I’m still friends with some of the people I worked with there.
2 of us girls became the first ever female mechanic apprentices at GMH, she chose to switch to an office job half way through 2nd year. So I was the first ever qualified female mechanic at GMH! We actually spent the first year at a special Holden training centre called MATEC, around the corner from the Port Melbourne head office, we would be given a car to pull apart, and put back together. and the leading hand Charlie would say at the end “did we make a profit?” And yes we always did, there was always a few bits left over!

We worked on the Holden Hurricane, a prototype sports car, and the other leading hand, Howard’s old Ford, called old Yella! Great times.
2nd year we moved to the Service garage at fisherman’s Bend, and the boss was John Shephard, who once owned The Holden Dealer Team. His second in command was just the best guy ever, I can’t for the life of me remember his name, his was the first funeral I ever went to, he was run over when he stopped after a minor collision, I still remember my Dad telling me with tears on his eyes. He took the phone call. I was heart broken.

In the third year one Day Sheppo came up to me and said “my office” I was like ,ugh what did I do now! I walked in and there was my Hero, still to this day, my Hero, Peter Brock! Sheppo made us a cup of tea and we had a lovely chat I will never ever forget! The best day ever (exceptthat day in 1990!) I cried buckets the day he died, and a few tonight when I saw him on the news.

Holden may be no more, but I will always be a Holden girl! You just can’t beat an A9X!

Cheers,

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:39 am

https://www.theage.com.au/national/queensland/killer-father-had-history-of-domestic-violence-20200220-p542td.html

To kill the mother of your children is shocking in itself.

To kill your 3 children also is pure evil.

To do it in such a brutal and cruel manner is just beyond comprehension to most.

Good riddance to him.

Rest in peace the 4 victims who should have been afforded the opportunity for a happy and long life.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:03 am

^

Agreed/

Don't really have anything to add to that.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:36 am

Are there no Nick’s “men’s rights” activists who had a disappointing experience with a woman who decided she needed to leave them that would like to offer an apologist perspective?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:48 am

^

Did you forget to take your medication this morning?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:34 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Agreed/

Don't really have anything to add to that.

This.

Swoop sums it up well.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:53 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Are there no Nick’s “men’s rights” activists who had a disappointing experience with a woman who decided she needed to leave them that would like to offer an apologist perspective?

So your response to this tragedy is to attack imaginary people for things that nobody has said? Go to bed grandpa, you're drunk.

Rolling Eyes
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:52 pm

^ Looks like we don't have to wait - the Queensland police are already backtracking over Detective Inspector Mark Thompson saying police needed to keep an open mind as to whether the deaths of Hannah Clarke and her children were a case of a woman and children suffering significant domestic violence or a “husband being driven too far by issues”: https://7news.com.au/news/qld/police-apology-over-dead-mum-comment-c-708988

You'd wish he were an imaginary Detective Inspector. Sadly, however, it seems he's all too real.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:58 pm

I'm sure you had a point in mind when you went down this track, it's just not clearly apparent. If you did have your medication, maybe see your GP for a dementia test.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 46 of 70   

Jump to: