Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing that Danny Frawley died today in a single car accident, went off road into a tree.

It may have just been a horrible accident but given his revelations on his mental health battle, I can't but help assume it was less than an accident.

If you're driving at speed, all it takes is a flick of the wrist on the steering wheel and you're not in a position to change your mind. 2-3 seconds of contemplation and Bang. I've had that thought go through my brain unbidden more than once over the years, just never flicked the wrist.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:37 pm

Ill just say RIP Danny, and thanks for the memories. no need to speculate, so damn hard for the family, when you get that call, and they are not coming home, no goodbye....so sad. seemed like a really nice guy.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:36 pm

I've deliberately avoided reading most of the eulogies, if you're going to say nice things about someone, don't wait til they're dead.

But, the coverage on 7 news tonight made specific mention of his mental health issues and also mentioned the Police wouldn't be including it in the road toll statistics. Looks like my speculation was on the mark. Sad

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:18 pm

A tragedy and a shock.

Danny Frawley's suicide is very sad indeed: Chip LeGrands article in the Age today talks about his stressors: Money (failed investment); relationship (marriage having ended) and his role with the coaching association during the Essendon doping scandal & the huge personal toll it took on him from the subsequent fallout.

Very sad for all those involved: family and friends especially.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/danny-frawley-football-world-mourns-a-fierce-competitor-and-vulnerable-soul-20190909-p52pms.html

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:46 pm

The young woman who made the headlines after getting engaged to a Magistrate she worked for, who was 40+ years her senior has died.

Hit by a car at 1am, driver of the car stopped to render assistance. No mention of charges, just that the coroner will prepare a report then at the end of the article the usual referrals about mental health.

Join the dots. Sad

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:16 pm

A sad turn of events.

I can only imagine she was a bit of troubled soul to begin with given her relationship with someone old enough to be her grandfather.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:58 pm

I think that’s a bit presumptuous, Swoop – it’s an unusual age gap, but we don’t need to pathologise such relationships, even if Stui’s assumption about the cause of death is correct.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:38 pm

David wrote:
I think that’s a bit presumptuous, Swoop – it’s an unusual age gap, but we don’t need to pathologise such relationships, even if Stui’s assumption about the cause of death is correct.

Certainly atypical for a young woman. Her previous relationship was also with a man old enough to her father if not older. I’m not here to jump to conclusions but Dr Freud I think we have some material to work with here.

As my Mum used to say: “ Oedipus, schmoedipus; as long as you love your mother” Shocked Wink

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:08 pm

The devasting fires in NSW - 3 dead now, so many brave firefighters injured and hundreds of critters with nowhere to go to escape burnt to death or horribly injured Crying or Very sad
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:15 pm

I hope there's a real review into the forestry practices and whether ground fuel was cleared either by controlled burning or other means.

Dry grass burns hot but quick, you need ground fuel to set a forest ablaze. If it's allowed to accumulate, this is what happens.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:19 am

You can donate towards the care if injured wildlife here, it’s tax deductible

https://mkc.org.au/donations/trcqld

And yes I did

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:19 pm

think positive wrote:
You can donate towards the care if injured wildlife here, it’s tax deductible

https://mkc.org.au/donations/trcqld

And yes I did

Thanks for that - we donated to the Koala Hospital in Port Maquarie but will find a bit more for these folks too - devasting losses Crying or Very sad
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:13 pm

Do you by any chance have a name for the koala hospital? I can spare a bit more too, koalas are just so, I don’t know, loveable, and so vulnerable, we have to save them, cheers
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:27 pm

Using live possums for greyhound training. FFS close this barbarism down. We don’t need greyhound racing & while we’re at it close down horse racing. Give the cruel animal gambling industry 5-7 years to wind down then get rid of it.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-13/greyhound-trainers-suspended-after-allegedly-using-live-bait/11699434?pfmredir=sm

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:40 pm

think positive wrote:
Do you by any chance have a name for the koala hospital? I can spare a bit more too, koalas are just so, I don’t know, loveable, and so vulnerable, we have to save them, cheers

I do indeed - https://www.koalahospital.org.au

Did you see this? https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-12/koalas-injured-in-nsw-bushfires-treated-in-couples-home/11693936

What wonderful people!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 42 of 70   

Jump to: