Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
It's a really troubling case, Stui, I agree. Honestly, I'm pro-euthanasia generally, but the idea of it being done for someone who isn't even legally an adult and not suffering from a terminal illness seems hard to justify. Some might say that she was going to suicide anyway (as of course many people her age already do) and that this just provided her with a more painless alternative. But it doesn't sit well.
i agree. surely some intensive mental health facility at least first.

I often think of Fiona, especially lately, its not getting easier, i just wonder what could have got her through that moment in time, if She could look down now and see, just how very much She was loved, and how much we miss Her.

The one shining light for me is that it shook junior from her funk, and she said goodbye to the people dragging her down, and reacquainted her with her school friends. But id put up with the shitheads again to have Fiona walk through the door again with that dorky grin, and that kooky laugh...

Im guessing you have similar moments too David, hugs xxx

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:39 pm

Thanks TP. Yeah, this did bring up some of those thoughts (even though I still don't know if it was suicide in my sister's case and probably never will). Too many teenagers just feel there's nothing to live for. It's so sad – you really want to tell them to hold on, that things will get better soon, even if you can't possibly know for sure that it's true.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:55 pm

David wrote:
Thanks TP. Yeah, this did bring up some of those thoughts (even though I still don't know if it was suicide in my sister's case and probably never will). Too many teenagers just feel there's nothing to live for. It's so sad – you really want to tell them to hold on, that things will get better soon, even if you can't possibly know for sure that it's true.

Oh David, im sorry for the assumption, that came out wrong, just She was so so young Sad
I just meant that losing someone so young you cant help but wonder what might have been, whatever the cause ....

I totally agree with your comments, the pressures, the marks, the conforming, the bullshit "normal" standards, i think we have all fallen for at least a couple at some stage, on line bullying, so so evil.

This poor 17 year old, just diabolical, no one can judge, you look at the various girls around the world who have been held captive for years, and how they get through, some thrive, some survive, and some unfortunately dont. She obviously needed a lot more help, just hard to believe that thats all they could do

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:10 pm

My mum's not well hasn't been for a little while now - she's so miserable cause she physically can't do what she wants especially water her plants but she's still as sharp as a tack Crying or Very sad
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:01 pm

Sorry to hear it.

Mine has been on the blood pressure medication circuit. Combination of different side effects and arthritis plus the shitty cold weather has had her confined to barracks.

good news is, the latest BP med seems to be doing the job without side effects and I put her onto taking 1 Neurofen and 1 Panadol after her morning shower to get her through her active part of the day, which once she lets the BP meds settle she'll try again.

I wouldn't say she's sharp as a tack but she's hanging in there.

Hope stuff goes well, at their age all you want is for them to have some enjoyment in life other than just existing

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:16 pm

^ Yes that is all you want.

I'm a realist and so is she - she was diagnosed with AML 6 years ago and they gave her 6 weeks so everyday has been a blessing.

We talk about what she wants that's a positive - I will care for her at home amongst her orchids Crying or Very sad

You have to watch like a hawk what they are prescribed I have zero faith in GPs based on going with mum Rolling Eyes Hopefully a bit of warmth and sun will help your mum.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:31 pm

Nah her GP is pretty good. I saw him for a while til he told me he wanted me to get down to 90kg, so I changed GP's.

She likes him and he's pretty clued in so it works

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:16 am

Cheers to both of you, it’s not any easy thing to come to terms with, good that your making the most of it and not putting off for one day. Ps take a photo together. Hugs guys xxx
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:46 pm

Supposed to be going to Hervey Bay next week - was a bit worried about leaving mum so suggested I might cancel - she said she no way and she would snib the door on the inside so I couldn't get in Laughing

Not a problem now my cat sitter ( my niece) is in hospital having an appendicectomy tonight or tomorrow so no whales or warmth for us Crying or Very sad
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:09 pm

^

Oh bugger.

I assume if there was an option short of locking the cat in the laundry with some tins of cat food and a can opener you would have taken it,

Bugger.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:10 pm

^ Buxy cat is 17 and has cancer so she's probably not long for this world either - so a stranger or a cattery ( which she has never been to) is not an option.

At the moment I feel like I must of run over 12 million chinamen - as the saying goes Rolling Eyes
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:12 am

Oooohhhh bugger. Something is meant to be. Hopefully it’s golden, cheers xx
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:18 pm

Poor buggars in QLD and NSW battling the fires in bloody September!!!

The number of animals killed will be horrific, the loss of property and precious possessions - at least there has been no loss of human life and hopefully that remains the same.

Stay safe - especially all the amazing and brave men and women out there fighting!

Wish it would rain LOTS!!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Rain now just means more stuff to burn when it actually gets hot. We really need to get better at forestry management and getting rid of ground fuel through either controlled burns or something else.

Up in Darwin 2 weeks ago, drove down near to Kakadu for a Croc tour, see the controlled burns of the grass happening. It's an ugly landscape, forged by millennia of fire, with minimal variety of vegetation all with blackened trunks, but also something beautiful about it

partypie 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:20 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Rain now just means more stuff to burn when it actually gets hot. We really need to get better at forestry management and getting rid of ground fuel through either controlled burns or something else.

Up in Darwin 2 weeks ago, drove down near to Kakadu for a Croc tour, see the controlled burns of the grass happening. It's an ugly landscape, forged by millennia of fire, with minimal variety of vegetation all with blackened trunks, but also something beautiful about it

Sadly when the dead logs etc are burnt the habitat for the critters goes too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 41 of 70   

Jump to: