Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and the point of those thoughts on pets is that you do miss them, Wokko. Great pets, bunnies.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:03 pm

pietillidie wrote:
Rabbits: Very underrated as a domestic pet, despite being a pest in the wild. That said, friendly poo-poo doesn't always mean friendly wee-wee!

I had all sorts as a kid, much like WPT. At a guess it matures you in a good way in the death department over time, though I haven't looked into that scientifically.

I've had some beauty pets over the years (an eclectus parrot, bird-eating spider, giant brown-and-white rat, and a ripping blue-tongued lizard come to mind); just waiting for my next flat contract to get bearded or water dragons again. The house needs an Aussie desert display, methinks, so beardeds are on the cards Very Happy

pietillidie wrote:
Yes, and the point of those thoughts on pets is that you do miss them, Wokko. Great pets, bunnies.

your just not getting this whole condolences thing are you?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:07 pm

Do you still have all sorts as a kid much like WPT ?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:19 pm

TP, are you the sort of person who goes to funerals and kicks people out for not crying enough? Razz
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:37 pm

I bought a Jeep...

And nobody gave a fu@k...
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:38 pm

5150 wrote:

I bought a Jeep...
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:53 pm

5150 wrote:
I bought a Jeep...

And nobody gave a fu@k...

It could have been worse.

They could have laughed. Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:04 pm

David wrote:
TP, are you the sort of person who goes to funerals and kicks people out for not crying enough? Razz

No but at the one I went to on Friday I did say to the ex husband of the woman who's mum had died "you bought a jeep?!" And yes he had! And yes he is! Sick of hearing it!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:52 pm

I have literally no idea what you guys are talking about.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:20 pm

My pool table broke a leg on the week-end.
I thought about fixing her but looking at it decided I needed some (a lot) more shelf space.
It took 3 of us to get in and I really need the extra space.
I couldn't move it by myself so I got my friends Sach Dolmar & Stihl 048 to lend a hand.

Rest in Peace mon amigo!

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by 3.14159 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:31 pm

Aw dude no, not the pool table. Crying or Very sad
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:11 pm

Went to the funeral of my old work mate who died last week from MND. Gees, seeing the recent pics of him, he was still so vibrant and fit. He was only 56. I remember at the last reunion about 5 years ago, he looked good. So sad, his wife and two daughters about the same age as mine.... Talking to the guys afterwards, one guy, 49 has moved back in with his ex, as she has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, and it's already in her liver. She's on borrowed time, they have a nine year old daughter. Asked how she was coping "yeah not as, a boy in her class died of leukaemia last year, and he lost his hair before when he had chemo, so yeah she understands a bit ......". OMG.

hug your loved ones, don.t hold too many grudges if you don't need to, think "is it worth it?' Don't hang around with people who just drag you down. Life really is too short.

Whilst it was a sad day, it was so good to see the guys again. Weve all changed, all got older, but it's so weird, we all just get along like time has stood still! They all recognise me, (even without my overalls on!) I struggled with a couple of names! The next reunion is in October, and I can't wait!

I may drive a cute little VW but my heart will always be in a Holden!

Cheers. RIP Aldo Schiano, thanks for the memories. Xxxx

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:42 pm

think positive wrote:
Went to the funeral of my old work mate who died last week from MND. Gees, seeing the recent pics of him, he was still so vibrant and fit. He was only 56. I remember at the last reunion about 5 years ago, he looked good. So sad, his wife and two daughters about the same age as mine.... Talking to the guys afterwards, one guy, 49 has moved back in with his ex, as she has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, and it's already in her liver. She's on borrowed time, they have a nine year old daughter. Asked how she was coping "yeah not as, a boy in her class died of leukaemia last year, and he lost his hair before when he had chemo, so yeah she understands a bit ......". OMG.

hug your loved ones, don.t hold too many grudges if you don't need to, think "is it worth it?' Don't hang around with people who just drag you down. Life really is too short.

Whilst it was a sad day, it was so good to see the guys again. Weve all changed, all got older, but it's so weird, we all just get along like time has stood still! They all recognise me, (even without my overalls on!) I struggled with a couple of names! The next reunion is in October, and I can't wait!

Very sad TP.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:46 pm

yes well,.. I'm trying to downsize and it really boiled down to choice between more space to store my chainsaws, grinders axes etc... and the table.
The table lost...

On the surprising side, I'd just finished the last cut and was carting the first piece out the back door when the missus rocked up home.
1/2 the house reeked of 2 stroke exhaust gases and the room looked like a sawdust and green velour tornado had blown through it.
My ears were ringing so I couldn't hear what she was saying/shouting.
I was expecting a bollocking but after I vacumed and explained she didn't seem quite so upset.
We ended up sitting in the garden sipping brandy & enjoying a warm bonfire so I guess I'm forgiven.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:30 pm

think positive wrote:

That's very sad to hear TP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 5 of 70   

Jump to: