Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Compare that to a bad innings and unless he or she miss his or her guess he had a good home and a good life.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:40 pm

Condolences, Stui. Always hard to lose a pet, though yours seems to have had a pretty decent run.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:53 pm

Condolences Stui. Very sad.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:50 am

Brrrrrrrrr
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:26 pm

This was very sad:

BBC wrote:
The cartoonist Georges Wolinski was one of 12 victims of the Charlie Hebdo massacre in January. His wife of 45 years, Maryse, has spoken to the BBC about their relationship - and how the little notelets he left about the house are helping her get through the ordeal of her loss. This is an edited translation of her words.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31768869

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:24 pm

I received a call on Saturday morning from an old Collingwood friend Graeme. He informed that his wife of 39 years, Sadie had passed away a few hours earlier. My family collectively met Graeme and Sadie when we first become Captains Members over 16 years ago when we initially took up seats in N10 in the Southern Stand. We went to many finals together. They were a wonderful and friendly couple.

I always took the time to visit them a few times a year on game day as they eventually moved to the two seat rows located at the end of the Ponsford adjacent to the Southern Stand on level one.

Sadie had been a member of the Black & White army from her early childhood and they had both been Collingwood social club members for many years.

We have lost a good and faithful member of the Black & White army and a dear friend. May Sadie RIP. Condolences to Graeme and his family.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:27 pm

Was the trip worth it?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:58 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
I received a call on Saturday morning from an old Collingwood friend Graeme. He informed that his wife of 39 years, Sadie had passed away a few hours earlier. My family collectively met Graeme and Sadie when we first become Captains Members over 16 years ago when we initially took up seats in N10 in the Southern Stand. We went to many finals together. They were a wonderful and friendly couple.

I always took the time to visit them a few times a year on game day as they eventually moved to the two seat rows located at the end of the Ponsford adjacent to the Southern Stand on level one.

Sadie had been a member of the Black & White army from her early childhood and they had both been Collingwood social club members for many years.

We have lost a good and faithful member of the Black & White army and a dear friend. May Sadie RIP. Condolences to Graeme and his family.

Sorry for your loss mate. Our loss, may she RIP XXX

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:57 pm

Member 7167 wrote:

Sad reading this Member! Condolences to the family of your friend.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:02 pm

Pet bunny Joey died suddenly. He was about 6 years old. My daughter is really upset and to be honest so am I. Never thought I'd be bothered by a rabbit dying but he really was part of the family.

RIP Joey. Sad
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:47 pm

Member 7167 wrote:

Sad to hear Member. Condolences to the family & friends.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:51 pm

Wokko wrote:
Pet bunny Joey died suddenly. He was about 6 years old. My daughter is really upset and to be honest so am I. Never thought I'd be bothered by a rabbit dying but he really was part of the family.

RIP Joey. Sad

The worst part of having pets. Hard for kids & family too.

My oldest daughter when she was of a similar age thought it would be a good idea to put a lead on the rabbit & go for a walk down the street. That was the last we saw of the said bunny. My front yard is a veritable pet cemetery: Cats, dog, guinea pigs, chickens....

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:06 am

It's always hard to lose your furbubs. I know I'm looking down that barrel, Max is getting slower, sometimes his heart mess don't seem as effective, thankfully he doesn't seem in any pain. Watching him trying to scoot around after his 6 year old daughter is very funny, but a painful reminder of what's to come.

Condolences on the loss of your bunny. It's good that your sad. Shows how much he meant to you, bet he was spoiled rotten. That's what they all deserve. 6 years of good times, is so worth the heartache, and the lessons kids learn through having pets, about responsibility, unconditional love, and yes ,loss, is just priceless.

Cheers mate, RIP Joey.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:33 am

Rabbits: Very underrated as a domestic pet, despite being a pest in the wild. That said, friendly poo-poo doesn't always mean friendly wee-wee!

I had all sorts as a kid, much like WPT. At a guess it matures you in a good way in the death department over time, though I haven't looked into that scientifically.

I've had some beauty pets over the years (an eclectus parrot, bird-eating spider, giant brown-and-white rat, and a ripping blue-tongued lizard come to mind); just waiting for my next flat contract to get bearded or water dragons again. The house needs an Aussie desert display, methinks, so beardeds are on the cards Very Happy

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:48 am

Sorry to hear that, Wokko.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 4 of 70   

Jump to: