Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

yeah, but you're hardly reflective of "normal" are you? Razz Wink

I guess I don't like taking a dump with someone else 3 feet away. If it was a dunny in a private room, and it's clean, no issues. First thing i do when I check into a hotel is throw my suitcase on the bed and break in the crapper. Razz

Lol, I don't know – seems pretty normal to me to use public toilets for their intended purpose! Perhaps you're the weird one. I feel a poll coming on... Mr. Green

Hehe I happily shit anywhere!

But thanks for another reason to avoid Thailand Ronrat, dunnies everywhere? No way, really? Not in tourist spots surely?

Om the highways in rural areas they have stops for furl snacks, coffee etc. No grog. In the resorts and cities no rproblem, They even have bum guns to wash yourself. I am moving in a few weeks and the place we are looking at has 3 bathrooms and toilets and is 2 bedroom double storey place. For about 110 dollars a week. 2 upstairs as ensuites andone downstairs. Wewon;t use the second bedroom very often (I didn;t want one) but it is only one with hot shower so his and hers bathrooms upstairs and a vistors one downstairs (and for footy quarter time breaks). 200 metres to a pizza jointm a wholesale grog shop and 7-11

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:10 am

ronrat wrote:
think positive wrote:
David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

yeah, but you're hardly reflective of "normal" are you? Razz Wink

I guess I don't like taking a dump with someone else 3 feet away. If it was a dunny in a private room, and it's clean, no issues. First thing i do when I check into a hotel is throw my suitcase on the bed and break in the crapper. Razz

Lol, I don't know – seems pretty normal to me to use public toilets for their intended purpose! Perhaps you're the weird one. I feel a poll coming on... Mr. Green

Hehe I happily shit anywhere!

But thanks for another reason to avoid Thailand Ronrat, dunnies everywhere? No way, really? Not in tourist spots surely?

Om the highways in rural areas they have stops for furl snacks, coffee etc. No grog. In the resorts and cities no rproblem, They even have bum guns to wash yourself. I am moving in a few weeks and the place we are looking at has 3 bathrooms and toilets and is 2 bedroom double storey place. For about 110 dollars a week. 2 upstairs as ensuites andone downstairs. Wewon;t use the second bedroom very often (I didn;t want one) but it is only one with hot shower so his and hers bathrooms upstairs and a vistors one downstairs (and for footy quarter time breaks). 200 metres to a pizza jointm a wholesale grog shop and 7-11

i hope the we isnt you and the temper tantrum?

Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:28 am

Yemen's cholera outbreak the world's worst:

http://www.middleeastnews.net/news/253725625/yemen-hit-by-world-worst-cholera-outbreak-as-cases-reach-200000

I'm sure Yemen's in Africa Rolling Eyes

MM

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:22 pm

Mountains Magpie wrote:

http://www.middleeastnews.net/news/253725625/yemen-hit-by-world-worst-cholera-outbreak-as-cases-reach-200000

MM

The Collingwood coaching box has been filled with Yemen...
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:27 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Ah.

I don't use toilets in rest rooms, just urinals

It must be great having such obedient bowels.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:11 pm

They are well trained, Wink
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:21 pm

Mountains Magpie wrote:

MM

Yes horrific MM Sad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:28 pm

Just been to the BIL workshop to cook a BBQ for hubby, my nephew and a mate, they're clearing the last of it ready for painters, hopefully we have someone to lease it, so my sister in law has an income. Hopefully my nephew will move in there when his business can support it. The grief was all over their faces, Ian's beloved Hotrod sold, and it had just driven off. God it's so sad there. Like ripping off bandaids nonstop. All the little bullshit we get so hooked up with. Really, it's nothing. My other nephew only made his peace with his dad in his final hours. 2 wasted years. Hug your loved ones, you never know when it's the last time. Cheers.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Went to the Gold Coast over the weekend, sort of for the footy, mainly for the sun Wink
Anyway, our suite had a balcony overlooking the ocean & there was much excitement at realising we could see whales swimming out at sea.
Until day 2 when I noticed one wasn't moving on, just popping up in the same spot - caught in the stupid shark nets Twisted Evil

Couple boats went out to it & it was freed Very Happy
Then found out later the same day the freed whale was a mother whale & her baby had also been stuck in the net and had died Sad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

The story in the paper said there's been calls every year for the nets to be replaced with drums during whale season but no, the council or government or whichever idiot decides such things thinks the nets are fine. Apparently this was the 3rd stuck whale in a week.

Get rid of the nets altogether - the ocean is there for whales & sharks, not people. If people want to swim let them risk it or stay out!

Poor whale, so upsetting Crying or Very sad
partypie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:40 pm

luvdids wrote:
Went to the Gold Coast over the weekend, sort of for the footy, mainly for the sun Wink
Anyway, our suite had a balcony overlooking the ocean & there was much excitement at realising we could see whales swimming out at sea.
Until day 2 when I noticed one wasn't moving on, just popping up in the same spot - caught in the stupid shark nets Twisted Evil

Couple boats went out to it & it was freed Very Happy
Then found out later the same day the freed whale was a mother whale & her baby had also been stuck in the net and had died Sad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

The story in the paper said there's been calls every year for the nets to be replaced with drums during whale season but no, the council or government or whichever idiot decides such things thinks the nets are fine. Apparently this was the 3rd stuck whale in a week.

Get rid of the nets altogether - the ocean is there for whales & sharks, not people. If people want to swim let them risk it or stay out!

Poor whale, so upsetting Crying or Very sad

When they put the nets in in the 1960s there weren't any whales, or so few they were never sighted. Different story now whaling has been banned since the late 70s. You're right, time for a rethink, but protecting swimmers from sharks has played a big role in the success of the tourist industry there for a long time.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:49 pm

^

Lots of Bull and tiger sharks around the area IIRC. You need a way to keep sharks away from the beach, the water is a key tourist attraction.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:18 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Lots of Bull and tiger sharks around the area IIRC. You need a way to keep sharks away from the beach, the water is a key tourist attraction.

They don't try to keep the crocs away in the NT....
So, because it's a tourist attraction it's ok if a few whales die?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:24 pm

The crocs are both a protected species and a tourist attraction themselves, but you don't find a lot of crocs on the beach. They can do ocean water but prefer the rivers and mud to sand.

Is it OK if the occasional whale gets caught in the nets? It's not ideal and if there's a way to keep the sharks away that doesn't hurt whales, then I'm for it.

I'd guess more whales die from beaching themselves than from sharknets, so it's a price I'm willing to pay.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Yeah but beaching themselves is some weird natural phenomenon, shark nets are a man made death trap (& not just for whales). Apparently these drum things work. Or close the beach for a month or two in winter to let animals do what they've done for hundreds of years in peace.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:59 pm

Dunno about completely closing them, but it's not hot enough to go swimming there in winter anyway (unlike Port Douglas Razz ) so maybe compromise if you can be sure the Whales are only there in winter and do some close in netted areas for swimmers like the stinger nets in the tropics and let the surfers take their chances.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 29 of 70   

Jump to: